• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xKirbz

Apr 12, 2018
Vaped some herb (Lemon Skunk, Tweed, Hybrid) in celebration of Thread No. 2!!! Go Canada!

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
When does EB usually announce trade in deals on their site ? Once a week ?
Tuesday's is usually when it goes up. They are always on Thursdays.

Edit - It's already up. No trade in deal this week somehow lol. They just have featured titles to trade in and the link goes to a refurb wiiU lol

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gotta keep telling myself to not buy a ps4... ps5 is just around the corner!
I mean if you really want to play one now just buy it dude. Whether you're a believer in 2019 or 2020 doesn't matter. It's probably going to cost 549.99 $ all the way up to 679.99 $ (based on current exchange rates) and that's assuming the tariffs starting next year don't affect the price tag. Just pick up a cheap PS4 now and enjoy it for a couple years. There should be plenty of good deals over the next few weeks too.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! New thread and Black Friday coming. I'm more excited for apparel deals than gaming this year though. Maybe some cheap Switch game or DL PC games would be cool though.

OP
OP
BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New info for retailers:
Best Buy no longer has Reward Zone.

Walmart: It might take months to get a refund.

With Shoppers I would mention that whether a store sells games or not is a big crapshoot and it's always best to ask the store even if you don't see any game displays; I've been to at least one Shoppers where all the games were in an enclosed drawer behind the counter and you would never have known otherwise that they sold games.

Walmart should definitely be on the list as one of the most reliable sources of E3 deals now; with the death of blanket discounts, it's almost always Walmart that leads the charge, and the other retailers that follow. Toys R' Us is probably also worth a mention for the occasional coupon.

Thanks for the updates everyone - I've added them to the OP!

Didn't realize you're Canadian too BRSxIgnition

Yep - and with all likelihood will be until the day I die.

Moved here a while ago and I love it :)

Glad to have you here, and even happier you're enjoying it!

It's a shame Canada deals are so few and far between (basically non existent). Just curious why Firestorm didn't create this new thread?

Firestorm said he wasn't here enough to keep up with it, but he's still a moderator on the Discord and gave his consent for us to post this in his place.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happens I'm not ordering from Wal-Mart, I still haven't gotten my SoulCalibur VI pre-order and they haven't been able to update me on it since October 24, the day I was charged.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
New thread! Yeah!
But you know what? I can't complain about shipping in my first post. -_-
Wal-Mart shipped Spyro and BB shipped Hitman earlier today, I should get both on time. :(

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart shipping with United Parcel? Wtf is that company lol

Edit - I'm dumb that's UPS. Why not write UPS instead of United Parcel.

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
I miss posting in the Canadian deal threads since I've moved to India in 2015. I do drop by once a while to see what's happening.

How's it going my favorite CanadaEra. Also I almost typed the old website name because I was so used to it.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart continuing to reliably ship games on time for me... and here's another thing- I chatted with them last week since I wanted to change my E3 order to have all third party games switched to Xbox One since I got a One X, instead of PS4. They mentioned they couldn't do that, but that I could place another order and they would match the price, which they did.

They're a ton better than Amazon these days.

And despite Spyro not being able to be shipped on release day due to publisher restrictions as they said, they're still getting it to me by end of day (it shipped just after midnight). Really good stuff.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happens I'm not ordering from Wal-Mart, I still haven't gotten my SoulCalibur VI pre-order and they haven't been able to update me on it since October 24, the day I was charged.

same issuse i already got soulcalibur from BB for same price

i'm returning that stuff soon as i get it

Last edited:

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
Hi new thread.

Come join us in the Discord so you can listen to Fuzzy complain about people complaining about Amazon! It's also just the better way to get deals notifications.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
2mfogi.jpg

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox one black Friday deals announced yet? Think I might want to finally get into this generation of consoles and the xbox game pass is really appealing to me as I only play games once so "owning" the game is not neccessary.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see Pro and VR deals this BF!

Sold my OG VR headset yesterday in anticipation of the Astro Bot/Moss bundle BF sale. Sold my headset, camera, and demo disc for $200. BF deal for that bundle is $250. So it ends up working out to trading up the headset, camera, and getting two games I've been wanting to buy for $56. Can't go wrong there. Not to mention a fresh 1 year warranty.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Sold my OG VR headset yesterday in anticipation of the Astro Bot/Moss bundle BF sale. Sold my headset, camera, and demo disc for $200. BF deal for that bundle is $250. So it ends up working out to trading up the headset, camera, and getting two games I've been wanting to buy for $56. Can't go wrong there. Not to mention a fresh 1 year warranty.

That's a good deal bro.
Where did you get this price from?

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I sorta regret preordering the Power Armor edition of fallout 76 lol.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Would love to sell my og psvr headset w/ camera for 200. Too bad no places take trade in, don't want to deal with ppl from kijiji...

Oct 25, 2017
I sorta regret preordering the Power Armor edition of fallout 76 lol.

Feeling the same way. I have it on order. It's in the mail. But I'm thinking about just refusing delivery. I have no interest in playing the game. My time online will be consumed with RDR2 Online. Just don't have the time to invest in it. So it ends up being that price for the helmet. I thought about keeping it to cosplay but the but the space needed to store it...

Would love to sell my og psvr headset w/ camera for 200. Too bad no places take trade in, don't want to deal with ppl from kijiji...

Sold it on Facebook marketplace.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Feeling the same way. I have it on order. It's in the mail. But I'm thinking about just refusing delivery. I have no interest in playing the game. My time online will be consumed with RDR2 Online. Just don't have the time to invest in it. So it ends up being that price for the helmet. I thought about keeping it to cosplay but the but the space needed to store it...

Sold it on Facebook marketplace.

Wouldn't that be the same as kijiji. You still gotta meet up with random ppl

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to buy an Nvidia Shield TV Pro...buuut, I don't want to pay 400 dollars for it. Anybody know if that version is going on sale for Black Friday?

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017

Want to do something like this as well, just afraid of the VR/PS4 black friday supplies running out before I get my hands on them. In y'all experiences, do supplies last for a good couple of days into black friday week, or do they run out on day 1?

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that be the same as kijiji. You still gotta meet up with random ppl

Different quality of people? I don't know. We don't have kijiji in my town so it's never been an option. But I've heard the horror stories about kijiji. I've never had that problem with FB marketplace.

Want to do something like this as well, just afraid of the VR/PS4 black friday supplies running out before I get my hands on them. In y'all experiences, do supplies last for a good couple of days into black friday week, or do they run out on day 1?

This is simple. Go to the store and buy the items you want before the sale. Keep it sealed. Wait for the sale to start, then bring back your items and receipt and have them price match it.

I've never bought things I've wanted during black friday/boxing day sales on those days locally. Always do it this way. Always get what I want. Always get the price matched to the sale price once the sale is going on. IF by chance they don't want to match, then it's simple. You have your receipt in hand AND the stock. Tell them you want a full refund and to re-purchase the item at the new price. :D

OP
OP
BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder but if anyone has any other sources for deals (or additional information) for the OP, let me know.

This is a group resource and everyone can benefit from having more information.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Different quality of people? I don't know. We don't have kijiji in my town so it's never been an option. But I've heard the horror stories about kijiji. I've never had that problem with FB marketplace.

This is simple. Go to the store and buy the items you want before the sale. Keep it sealed. Wait for the sale to start, then bring back your items and receipt and have them price match it.

I've never bought things I've wanted during black friday/boxing day sales on those days locally. Always do it this way. Always get what I want. Always get the price matched to the sale price once the sale is going on. IF by chance they don't want to match, then it's simple. You have your receipt in hand AND the stock. Tell them you want a full refund and to re-purchase the item at the new price. :D
The horror stories are overblown because Kijiji is a lot more popular in the GTA than FB.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
eBay: Toys R' Us and Newegg have official storefronts where you can buy games from on that site. While the coupons are infrequent, the 10-15% discount is nice when it happens, especially if you count "getting new parts i.e. GPU for your PC" as part of "gaming deals".

Costco: You won't normally find gaming deals but the occasional Mastercard $20 off $100 means you can stock up on eShop or PSN credit at a lower cost than what you actually get so if you frequently buy digitally, you'll want to make a visit or two to Costco.

Target: Not my go-to place for purchasing games but they have some good deals every now and then. Keep an eye out for them on Black Friday.

Only additional point I can think to add is that when buying from websites like The Source, Indigo, eBay and Amazon, you'll want to go through Ebates or The Great Canadian Rebate for a small amount of cashback (TGCR for Amazon, varies per item when it comes to the other three if i'm remembering right). Referral links included for those curious about either. It can vary wildly per purchase (sometimes Indigo is 1%, other days it's 5-10%) but any cash rebate on a purchase you were going to make adds up over time.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy shipped my Hitman order with Canada Post last Friday. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back, should have just did in store pick up smh

Status
Not open for further replies.