• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdiddy82

Nov 5, 2018
So, apparently we can now buy TCL from Amazon.ca...... I had no idea.

What do you guys recommend from their lineup?

I know there's plenty of info on other threads, but some can be dated, and I want to be as up to date as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
same issuse i already got soulcalibur from BB for same price

i'm returning that stuff soon as i get it
Really? That's the first I've heard of someone else having this problem. It's almost like it got lost with Canada Post going on strike, it was apparently shipped by CanPar.

I contacted Wal-Mart online through email because it was impossible getting through on phone and requested the game along with a refund. They can't track the item either and they said they can't refund anything so they will just cancel the order basically, meaning I've waited three weeks for nothing

Genuinely awful customer service. Super Smash Bros was included in the same order, that better still come

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
Best Buy shipped my Hitman order with Canada Post last Friday. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back, should have just did in store pick up smh
I am assuming you got a deal with the online order? Just go pick up a copy from the store that you can open and play now and when the online order comes in return it to the store with the receipt for the copy you just bought in-store.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Really? That's the first I've heard of someone else having this problem. It's almost like it got lost with Canada Post going on strike, it was apparently shipped by CanPar.

I contacted Wal-Mart online through email because it was impossible getting through on phone and requested the game along with a refund. They can't track the item either and they said they can't refund anything so they will just cancel the order basically, meaning I've waited three weeks for nothing

Genuinely awful customer service. Super Smash Bros was included in the same order, that better still come
CSR will screw you over and cancel the entire order. Reminds me of one of my "rules" that I never bothered to post in the old thread.

"Make single game preorders when possible. You don't want a CSR screwing up every game in an order if you want one thing changed or cancelled."

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
CSR will screw you over and cancel the entire order. Reminds me of one of my "rules" that I never bothered to post in the old thread.

"Make single game preorders when possible. You don't want a CSR screwing up every game in an order if you want one thing changed or cancelled."
Man I'm seriously never ordering with Wal-Mart again, not worth it even if it's a little cheaper than Best Buy.

Edit: I just went in store and they told me it's still in transit three weeks later after it's shipped and there's nothing they will do.

Last edited:

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
my cpu (4690k) is now below recommended (BFV asks for a 4790k) - really hoping I can do a mobo/cpu/ddr4 ram upgrade on black friday for a good price ( under ~1000)

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
my cpu (4690k) is now below recommended (BFV asks for a 4790k) - really hoping I can do a mobo/cpu/ddr4 ram upgrade on black friday for a good price ( under ~1000)

For what it's worth, I had a i5 4690 and upgraded to a i7 4790 recently because my CPU was bottlenecking me a bit and I didn't want to spend a crapton on MB and RAM.

Its made a noticable difference in CPU heavy games and only cost me about $90 out of pocket because I bought used on eBay, then sold the 4690 on eBay after to recoup. Worth considering!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
About a week ago, Walmart sends me an email saying they will have to ship Spyro late because big bad Activision is making them do it. They ended up shipping it when they normally would anyway.

Then I got an email from Canada post saying they will miss the delivery standard due to the rotating strikes and it will arrive 1 day late.

So Walmart apologized and threw Activision under the bus for nothing.

Still better then Amazon.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
About a week ago, Walmart sends me an email saying they will have to ship Spyro late because big bad Activision is making them do it. They ended up shipping it when they normally would anyway.

Then I got an email from Canada post saying they will miss the delivery standard due to the rotating strikes and it will arrive 1 day late.

So Walmart apologized and threw Activision under the bus for nothing.

Still better then Amazon.
Weird. I got mine today on time shipped with UPS.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Spyro from Walmart today. I've been getting all my games from them from UPS.

Gotta say they have been the best for gaming deals and also release date delivery.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
My Spyro is also going to take a week, if not more because I got a delayment email this morning. Would be nice if these companies had warehouses in places other than Ontario.

Guess i'll just go to walmart and do the swap later.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Boris is down again, or still, at Walmart. Tried to return the same game for the third time now and got told it wasn't possible because the system was down.

I didn't have the card that was used with me, else she said she could've put it right back onto the card somehow. I don't know how though. So I'm to try again tomorrow.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
I look forward to getting both Pokemon and Smash in February 2019 from Amazon.

that's what it feels like. Luckily I'm in no rush so I'll take my discount and run with it.

I got Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider a day early, but most have been days late this year. Goddamn.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Well, I'm going to be selling my OG PS4 for about $300 on Kijiji, wish me luck lmao.

This will all be worth it if I'm able to get my hands on that Spiderman bundle

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
This is simple. Go to the store and buy the items you want before the sale. Keep it sealed. Wait for the sale to start, then bring back your items and receipt and have them price match it.

I've never bought things I've wanted during black friday/boxing day sales on those days locally. Always do it this way. Always get what I want. Always get the price matched to the sale price once the sale is going on. IF by chance they don't want to match, then it's simple. You have your receipt in hand AND the stock. Tell them you want a full refund and to re-purchase the item at the new price. :D
Virtually every store will deny that for Black Friday/Boxing Day. I'm guessing you're in a small town and the CSRs don't have much to do on a major sale day.

xKirbz

Apr 12, 2018
So, apparently we can now buy TCL from Amazon.ca...... I had no idea.

What do you guys recommend from their lineup?

I know there's plenty of info on other threads, but some can be dated, and I want to be as up to date as possible.

Thanks in advance!
I bought 55" TCL r167 and I find it ok. Not a lot of ways in which I could take advantage of dolby digital hdr or just hdr in general since games that take advantage of it properly on ps4 is pretty sparse. You also need to shell out more for a 4k bluray player and 4k media, which I haven't done yet. I could've of stayed playing on my 42" s60 plasma for another year and save up or buy a TV on sale, BUT I still enjoy the tv, again, it's ok.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
So just got a text saying that my cellphone carrier has overcharged me and there is a link in there that says I can use to deposit it my account. This has to be a scam right?

Text came from Saskatchewan number but I live in Ontario.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So just got a text saying that my cellphone carrier has overcharged me and there is a link in there that says I can use to deposit it my account. This has to be a scam right?

Most assuredly. My cousin got a similar text a week ago. If that were to actually have happened
  • The text would have come from the same number your carrier normally gives text notifications from
  • They would just put the overcharge amount towards your next bill
  • They would have stayed quiet and hope you wouldn't notice
Just check your credit card bill or log into your carrier's account page and confirm it for yourself. Easy peasy.

xKirbz

Apr 12, 2018

Got the same message and was utterly almost fooled. Thank God Google slapped somesense into me and told me it was fishing site.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Most assuredly. My cousin got a similar text a week ago. If that were to actually have happened
  • The text would have come from the same number your carrier normally gives text notifications from
  • They would just put the overcharge amount towards your next bill
  • They would have stayed quiet and hope you wouldn't notice
Just check your credit card bill or log into your carrier's account page and confirm it for yourself. Easy peasy.

Yeah, I wondering if I should send the number to crime stoppers.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Yes you'll need it cause why would anyone buy a used PS4 for $300 if they can get a new slim with game for $260 ?

I'm pretty surprised too, I gave it a shot and I got some interest in the PS4 right away. Not without some major lowballers of course, but I ended up telling a few of my friends to do the same in time for the black friday deal

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best BF sale for an Xbox One X? MS announced $500 for the standard one, $530 for a bundled one. SDM has a $600 Xbox One X with a $125 gift card (seems to be an Xbox gift card). Not sure which gives the best value tbh.

Should I expect anything better?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I actually got that exact text last week. Saskatoon number and everything. 100% scam, block the number.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Well, I'm going to be selling my OG PS4 for about $300 on Kijiji, wish me luck lmao.

This will all be worth it if I'm able to get my hands on that Spiderman bundle

You won't get that. PS4s don't have good resale value, worse than Xbox from my experience, especially the OG units. Expect half that.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
You won't get that. PS4s don't have good resale value, worse than Xbox from my experience, especially the OG units. Expect half that.

That's a ludicrous price. You'd need to find a sucker to pay you $200

I meant I already have someone offering me $300 and he's set to meet me tomorrow, set it at a price point I thought no would be interested in, and I surprisingly got a few interested parties. It's worth a shot for some here to list their PS4s on the website instead of handing it to EBgames, most of the PS4s are still listed at a bit of a premium over on Kijiji for some reason.

I'm still dubious about it until he hands me the cash though, we'll see.

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
I meant I already have someone offering me $300 and he's set to meet me tomorrow, set it at a price point I thought no would be interested in, and I surprisingly got a few interested parties. It's worth a shot for some here to list their PS4s on the website instead of handing it to EBgames, most of the PS4s are still listed at a bit of a premium over on Kijiji for some reason.

Did you bundle any games with it?

The EB trade in deals really kept the resale price on Kijiji high huh.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Bit of a dumb question but I've never ordered online from BestBuy Canada and don't see a direct line for entry like most other sites, how does one add an office number to the street address for shipping on their site?
Mine still says, "we'll email you when we know..."
(My post from the Let's Go Thread)
Scores prompted me to check my order as Amazon hadn't updated with a shipping window for the Pokeball edition so I contacted support and it turns out they're sold out (Canada) and would fulfill my order when they receive more copies. Ordered the second they went live so I'm not sure how that happened considering they were available for a good portion of that day but cancelled my order and went with a different online retailer.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe I'll try the same.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I got shipping info from Wal Mart about Fallout and Spyro yesterday. They're both shipping to post offices, so will take a bit longer. Fallout is going to be resold instantly, I won't even be cracking the seal. I would have cancelled the order if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.