• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Do Walmart ISPU orders really take a week? I'm surprised that they're so slow. I guess I'll just add a bunch of household stuff to get to $50 next time.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from Amazon saying that my KH order has been delayed

They also adde a line on the KH3 page saying it isn't eligible for release day delivery, which wasn't there before.

Did the same with Smash, when I called they just lied to me flat out and said it was ALWAYS there. They'll likely do the same with KH3.

Gonna try to avoid amazon as much as possible, but for anyone who still is gonna buy from them, make sure you screencap the product page when you preorder too. Lying bastards.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Canada Post just raised prices yesterday! It's not a huge raise, but still, we're already paying too much.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No email from Amazon about my KH3, and my order still says arriving Jan 29th, so fingers crossed.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Had to use WM pickup "at WM" once and it was one of the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
I thought it would be an easy in and out as they explained. Called the number, it rang for 30 minutes while I waited in the customer service line. They told me that their phone for pickup was not working

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I thought it would be an easy in and out as they explained. Called the number, it rang for 30 minutes while I waited in the customer service line. They told me that their phone for pickup was not working
Pretty much my experience too. Having picked up a bunch of stuff at BB in the past, I expected a similar experience there but oh no.
After 10 minutes of ringing, I decided to go to the service counter where a polite girl was searching for the guy who was supposed to answer the phone. I had to wait another 10 mins for him to show up, he took my name and went searching for my order. He came back 5 mins later asking me if I got an email. I showed him the confirmation and he told me my order was still "in process" in his system. Baffled, I showed him that the package had been received earlier the same day, confirming the exact time through Canada Post's tracking information. He went back searching (after we waited for a supervisor for another 5 mins) and came back about another 10 minutes later with the package. It took something like 47 minutes to pick up a game. -_-

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much my experience too. Having picked up a bunch of stuff at BB in the past, I expected a similar experience there but oh no.
After 10 minutes of ringing, I decided to go to the service counter where a polite girl was searching for the guy who was supposed to answer the phone. I had to wait another 10 mins for him to show up, he took my name and went searching for my order. He came back 5 mins later asking me if I got an email. I showed him the confirmation and he told me my order was still "in process" in his system. Baffled, I showed him that the package had been received earlier the same day, confirming the exact time through Canada Post's tracking information. He went back searching (after we waited for a supervisor for another 5 mins) and came back about another 10 minutes later with the package. It took something like 47 minutes to pick up a game. -_-

I got one of those survey emails after picking it up and complained there and asked for someone to write me back. It took two or three weeks before I got a reply but they gave me a discount code

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Shitting on WM ISPU? Let me bring back my old post.

I've found that WM's ship to store is actually their worst option.

Ship to Canada Post is the best option because you never have to worry about changing your address if you move and they'll hold it for you if you aren't able to receive the package because you're away. Day 1 delivery is the norm (YMMV because of where you live) although with the current rotating strikes it's a bit worse right now because your package may be delayed. I'm in and out of CP within a minute or two and parking is always a lot better than WM even though I go to a CP that's in a very busy plaza.

Ship to home is almost as good but the minimum order amount for free shipping is $50 vs $25 for ship to CP or store. During the rotating strike they're not using CP for ship to home to avoid delays. It's a pain changing anything about a WM order so that can be a problem if you move or are away.

Ship to store is the most convoluted and worst option and I didn't know that until yesterday. I knew they used CP to ship your package to a store instead of having it either pulled from the shelf or extra copy sent to the store with the regular shipments but I didn't know the bullshit of getting the package once you get to the store. You either need to call the number to get someone from the back to come to CS or you need to piss off everyone in line at CS by skipping the line and telling someone to call someone from the back. Once that person gets there you need to give them your order number, which isn't on the pickup email so you need to find the original order email, then wait for them to go to the back again to find your package and bring it back to CS.

In comparison, Best Buy's in-store reservation is so much better in every way except they don't allow it for preorders. The site checks store stock and once the store pulls the item from the shelf for your order they send you an email to pick it up that day. Because CS isn't across the whole fucking store from the storage for those packages you get your stuff MUCH quicker.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know, since EB stopped asking for deposits on pre-orders, can you pre-order a game over the phone? I want to pre-order Ace Combat, so I get the free game, but I don't want to go there if I don't need to.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Amazon hasn't sent my AC7 yet.

I don't think there's any chance of getting it on release day.

I have no idea why this happens with random release day games. They just don't ship. I get no notification as to why or what is going on. The orders just say still arriving on release day.

Happened last with Valkyria Chronicles 4 and I had to eventually just cancel it and go to the store.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They still sometimes ask you to put down at least 5 bucks by default or something (like when you're making use of a promo where you get extra trade in credits toward a specific preorder) but you can always just say you'd rather put nothing down.

Harusame

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
So just to provide some additional information, Ebgames removed the $5 deposit for game pre-orders around early 2018/late 2017. Game pre-orders can be done over the phone, however to make the process quickly, be sure to have your info and edge card number in front you. For console and hardware pre-orders, there is still a $25 deposit, which was originally $50.

Also, if you ever do call into Ebgames to inquire if they have a certain game or item in-stock, as well as pre-orders, be sure to have the SKU number as it makes it so much easier for the sales associate to look up the item on the computer.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Fallout 76 Tricentennial was on sale for $69 and I missed it again, it's sold out on Best Buy and Amazon for Xbox.
But Best Buy is saying it's a $10 savings, and the regular edition at $39 is also a $10 savings, so it looks like the game received a MSRP drop.
Hopefully the next round it's $39 or so and I don't miss it, I really like that box art and I want to explore West Virginia, review scores be damned.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man, Fallout 76 Tricentennial was on sale for $69 and I missed it again, it's sold out on Best Buy and Amazon for Xbox.
But Best Buy is saying it's a $10 savings, and the regular edition at $39 is also a $10 savings, so it looks like the game received a MSRP drop.
Hopefully the next round it's $39 or so and I don't miss it, I really like that box art and I want to explore West Virginia, review scores be damned.
its a great exploration game and the spooky creatures and shit are fun to experience. I bought the tri cont for $50 on the BST at launch if you are okay with digital

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The game sucks. Don't waste your time, let alone the money.

Way too many other much better games to play.

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I should really test out the RE2 demo on my pc. $63cdn in fanatical is pretty decent and might push me over the X or Pro.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What I mean is will they give you the pre-order bonus when you buy it on release ?
The BB website usually gives you the pre-order bonus when you buy it on the release date

I find it depends on the location and if the pre-order bonus is digital or physical.

I will usually get the physical pre-order bonuses if I buy on release day most of the time, but digital codes are 50/50.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada

Back up as of 633 cst

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/fallout-76-tricentennial-edition-xbox-one/12612445

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Took advantage of that "every PS4, Xbox, Switch" game is at least 10bucks deal at EB. Pretty decent. Fully paid off a pre-order of Ace Combat 7. I got 10.41 for Dying Light (standard edition) when normally I would have gotten next to nothing for it.

My EB location also did not accept Song of the Deep or Agents of Mayhem fyi.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Took advantage of that "every PS4, Xbox, Switch" game is at least 10bucks deal at EB. Pretty decent. Fully paid off a pre-order of Ace Combat 7. I got 10.41 for Dying Light (standard edition) when normally I would have gotten next to nothing for it.

My EB location also did not accept Song of the Deep or Agents of Mayhem fyi.
I'm planning on bringing a few in as well. I expect the original Destiny to be rejected, but the rest should be fine

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Is there anywhere I can return an unopened game without a receipt ? Ended up with an extra copy as a gift and we never thought we'd need to return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.