• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even the new crave service is like this.

Yeah I was particularly thinking about them when I wrote this. $20 a month for 720p with bad colours and frame stutter in 2018 is fucking unacceptable and I wish people (along with the Canadian press) made a bigger deal about this.

Also I watch tou.tv and their picture quality is just as bad.

Canadian streaming companies whine about how unfair it is that Netflix is steamrolling them but they don't compete in good faith, all they do is steal more rights away from Netflix and Amazon while not spending anything into their infrastructure, so the end result is they just make streaming worse for us.

Last edited:

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I was particularly thinking about them when I wrote this. $20 a month for 720p with bad colours and frame stutter in 2018 is fucking unacceptable and I wish people (along with the Canadian press) made a bigger deal about this.

Canadian streaming companies whine about how unfair it is that Netflix is steamrolling them but they don't compete in good faith, all they do is steal more rights away from Netflix and Amazon while not spending anything into their infrastructure, so the end result is they just make streaming worse for us.
Which fucking blows since every network basically has it's own system now.

Einreich

Oct 28, 2017
Cant no longer connect on my wifi 5ghz with my wifi usb adapter. Was working well yesterday.

Any suggestion?

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
lol what? Your conclusion is wildly inaccurate. There are tons of shows on U.S. Netflix that Canada doesn't have. In fact, most would argue that the U.S. has the better lineup. I will say Canada Netflix has thankfully come a long way, though.
The grass is always greener. My American friends all say Canadian Netflix is better every time they're on this side of the border. You get used to your content and when you see new content you don't have you want that too.

With how many different content providers are in the US, Netflix there is getting decimated at a faster rate than here. I prefer Canadian Netflix for sure.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
The grass is always greener. My American friends all say Canadian Netflix is better every time they're on this side of the border. You get used to your content and when you see new content you don't have you want that too.

With how many different content providers are in the US, Netflix there is getting decimated at a faster rate than here. I prefer Canadian Netflix for sure.

The US Netflix has more and better shows than the Canadian Netflix. The Canadian Netflix has better movies.

This is mostly out of Netflix's hands cause the TV networks here have the rights to most shows.
That's one of reasons why Netflix is making more original content cause then they don't have to deal with license agreements in each and every different country. Unfortunately most Netflix originals are crap.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the Netflix price hike sucks, I'm paying for the 4k tier.

Hell, my hbo is "free" along with whatever shit withy Rogers bundle, and I don't even watch anything on it. It's just there for thrones and true detective.

What is also shit though is that hbo go is a bell only thing I think. Was gonna take my time rewatching GOT before the final season, but friend has my BDs, and I can't just stream hbo because of bell.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately most Netflix originals are crap.

*rolls eyes* I will never understand this hate boner that the Internet has for Netflix original content. I think it's great that they heavily invest in content creation and there has been plenty of really good stuff to come out of it. They also care a lot about international productions instead of just going all American, which is worth some recognition. Dismissing it all as crap is just reductive and ignorant.

Deleted member 48201

Banned
Sep 29, 2018
Last edited:

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
*rolls eyes* I will never understand this hate boner that the Internet has for Netflix original content. I think it's great that they heavily invest in content creation and there has been plenty of really good stuff to come out of it. They also care a lot about international productions instead of just going all American, which is worth some recognition. Dismissing it all as crap is just reductive and ignorant.

glad you're happy with it. me, i can't name a half-dozen 'netflix original' productions i've enjoyed, & there've been way more than that that i've shut off after 10-15 minutes :) ...

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That netflix price increase might gave me reason to un-subbed with them. I'll just use the free 3 months given by Sony and I'll probably done with it.

Noons End

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah the Netflix price hike sucks, I'm paying for the 4k tier.

Hell, my hbo is "free" along with whatever shit withy Rogers bundle, and I don't even watch anything on it. It's just there for thrones and true detective.

What is also shit though is that hbo go is a bell only thing I think. Was gonna take my time rewatching GOT before the final season, but friend has my BDs, and I can't just stream hbo because of bell.
Can't you subscribe to Crave? The entire HBO backlog is on there, as will future episodes of Thrones and True Detective. Only $20 a month too.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Netflix's hits-to-number-of-shows ratio isn't good.

BUT there are plenty of Originals that I feel are quite good.

The Haunting of Hill House
Stranger Things
GLOW
Bojack Horseman
Big Mouth
Making a Murderer
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Orange is the New Black
Narcos
Ozark
13 Reasons Why (season one only)

Last edited:

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017

Bell's lack of spending on Crave for infrastructure is ridiculous and pretty transparent. I would love a CBC investigation on the programmers and team who work there talkiing about how understaffed they are. No PS4 app and 720p content says it all.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Bell's lack of spending on Crave for infrastructure is ridiculous and pretty transparent. I would love a CBC investigation on the programmers and team who work there talkiing about how understaffed they are. No PS4 app and 720p content says it all.

There isn't even an Xbox or Smart TV app anymore since TMNGo jumped over to the new Crave. They say it is coming soon but it's insane that they didn't have anything ready for launch.

I'll keep 2 streaming accounts at one time but any more than that feels like overkill.

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who lived in Toronto may familiar with A & C Games shop in College and Spadina street (Just around the corner), they're selling a few cheap of PS Move Controllers are worthy $40 for each. The total (included tax) is $90 and last Black Friday sales were $99....

I bought these just today.

Z80OFw0.jpg

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Man I remember when I tried to get the move controllers because they were $10, just in case I bought psvr

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, both Battlefield V and Black Ops IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII are so good, both feel amazing and the maps are wonderful. I'm actually really shocked how good Black Ops is, I've spent more time on it than all of the Call of Duty games since Modern Warfare 3 combined. And the maps are actually good, it took them years to return to good maps that weren't made for wall running and that are not designed like war torn areas where everything is rubble. And it feels so smooth and sharp on the X, and Battlefield V feels so smooth and looks incredible on PC.

It's going to be hard to decide on what to play with Rainbow Six Siege continuing to be king. It's definitely too much shoot bang to play at once, I'll probably have to alternate, switch every two days or something.

And I want to finish single player games, too, it's so difficult with so many good games being out.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I would one thousand percent sign up for if I had something that had the FRICKEN APP. It is insane that between a ps4 pro and a 2018 Sony android tv I do not have an app for crave. I have a damn CBS all access app on my tv for chrisakes lol

superbad

Jan 9, 2018
Just cancelled my Smash Bros Special Edition preorder with Best Buy, in case anyone wants to try to snag it.

OP
OP
BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also worried about my pro controller and Smash/Metroid orders at Walmart.

I'll probably just buy one in store and return the one I receive in the mail when that finally gets to me.

If I need to do that, where should I go night/day of to get smash?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
At least yours has shipped. My BF Walmart order from 11/21 for 2 pro controllers is still just showing as packaging with CS not really giving me any answers so far.

Of course my Smash preorder is also with them which is terrifying.
That's bizarre. I ordered a Pro Controller from them on BF, it only took a few days to arrive. I was surprised, since I'm on the west coast. I usually get screwed by their shipping times.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How long do we think these Canada Post orders will take? I assumed things would be better now that they are back at work.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
That's bizarre. I ordered a Pro Controller from them on BF, it only took a few days to arrive. I was surprised, since I'm on the west coast. I usually get screwed by their shipping times.
It doesn't make any sense to me either as Let's Go shipped right away and was delivered via UPS only a week before.

I sent another angry email on Friday and I received a response oddly at midnight apologizing and saying they'd look into it this time. I guess we'll see if they actually do something about it on Monday.

Oct 25, 2017
My Walmart black Friday order sat in Mississauga for about a week "due to labour dispute" for about a week, but has finally arrived, and I'm less than an hour from Mississauga.

My real issue is Walmart shipping two packages with one controller each (switch and PS4) when both would have fit in one of the boxes they actually shipped. Sending unneeded packages during the strike is asking for trouble.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Tales of Vesperia for PS4 has been declining in price on Amazon by a handful of cents an hour for the past couple days. Currently at $60.79.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Vesperia for PS4 has been declining in price on Amazon by a handful of cents an hour for the past couple days. Currently at $60.79.
but too bad its not the switch version, than i would just cancel my switch preorder at ebgames, but at this rate i wont be able to afford the game in januarary either way, unless i get some money for christmas to help cover it

doctorcdcs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying most of what Netflix still has to offer, so I'm not planning on cancelling my sub any time soon. However, if the price keeps increasing like this, I might have to reconsider.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who lived in Toronto may familiar with A & C Games shop in College and Spadina street (Just around the corner), they're selling a few cheap of PS Move Controllers are worthy $40 for each. The total (included tax) is $90 and last Black Friday sales were $99....

I bought these just today.

Z80OFw0.jpg
Not too bad a deal... I wish we had those in Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.