• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I have 2 packages being delivered by Purolator today, I live in an apartment no idea if courier will call/buzz in, and see the signature releases I left on the door, or I'll have to pick them up from the depot tomorrow (out by the airport, 30 mins each way).

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Carrot has been going downhill for some time so I'm not surprised at all. I even expected this. Their redesign is terrible, too.

I'm thinking about deleting it and have been for some time, but their email today did say that there will still be quizzes to earn points from. But, given how few and far between those have been in the last few to several months, I'm not holding my breath.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I got two or three free movies.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have experience of using a Best Buy Credit card? I want to finance a OLED and pay it off over 12 months.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
I just upgraded my PC and did a fresh OS install... and now my windows isn't activated. Does anyone know the blest place to get a Windows 10 key for a good price?

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Walmart apparently cancelled my Smash Bros. and Let's Go Pikachu (which is why it didn't arrive I guess...). Did this happen to anyone else and were you able to get it resolved?

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart apparently cancelled my Smash Bros. and Let's Go Pikachu (which is why it didn't arrive I guess...). Did this happen to anyone else and were you able to get it resolved?

What indication did you have that it was cancelled? Did your order status change on the site? Did they inform you in any way?
I'm getting nervous because a charge appeared on my card for Smash Bros weeks ago, but then disappeared. My order is currently listed as "in progress".

ReddishGUI

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart taking a week to deliver me my PS1 Classic doesn't bode well for Smash...(Got Pokemon day 1 though).

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have experience of using a Best Buy Credit card? I want to finance a OLED and pay it off over 12 months.

Pay attention to the admin fee, figure out how much you are financing, and work out what interest rate that equates to and factor that into your decision.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Was coming in here to ask how shipping is from Walmart but I suppose you've all answered that question for me.
Canada Post finally delivered half of my Rooster Teeth Extra Life order. Unfortunately the poster is floating in the ether out there somewhere as it's been updated as "Arrived at Facility" everyday from Nov.25th-30th and then nothing on their end.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I issued a cancellation for the PS Classic with EB Games before it shipped but they charged me anyway. /shrug

I guess I'll wait and see it if gets delivered.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
Anybody here order anything from Amazon.com in the last few days and get a shipping update like this?

yLygWIA.png

I've never had a problem with Amazon.com before. Hopefully it isn't anything to do with reports of Canada Post refusing to accept international mail at the border.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never had a problem with Amazon.com before. Hopefully it isn't anything to do with reports of Canada Post refusing to accept international mail at the border.

That's what it sounds like. A couple of DHL packages i ordered from OnePlus made it across the border (still not to my house though) but a British wallet kickstarter I backed said that Canadian shipments are expected around March because of the backlog and refusal.

EDIT: Just got charged from walmart for my 50 dollar smash preorder....Why did they charge 63 bucks? Am I gonna have to call?

Last edited:

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
That's what it sounds like. A couple of DHL packages i ordered from OnePlus made it across the border (still not to my house though) but a British wallet kickstarter I backed said that Canadian shipments are expected around March because of the backlog and refusal.

EDIT: Just got charged from walmart for my 50 dollar smash preorder....Why did they charge 63 bucks? Am I gonna have to call?
Tax

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Made an order at EB on Black Friday, it was supposed to be delivered by Purolator last Friday, but it wasn't and now the tracking has no estimated arrival, it just says "not available"

Great, haha

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just watch for a large admin fee. Should only be $41?

12 months no interest unless you don't pay it off in which case it clawbacks and you'll be fucked. If you have the money now put it into a HIS and wait 9-10 months

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have prime, but I did pre-order smash on Amazon.ca for $59.99... Odds of having the game within a week of release? Slim/none?

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
I'm anticipating another RDR2 situation with that.
That's what I was afraid of... I want to plan some sort of event and have friends over but between Amazon being a bag of shit and also the Canada post strike I don't wanna waste peoples time until I have a tracking # or better yet the game in hand (tho I mean really... is Mario Party/Mario Kart/Towerfall such a cruel fate?)

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
can return video games until January 9th, 2019 at Walmart

oh boi I sure hope my online order will be here by then. gonna have to do the return trick :(

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God I have a digital pre-order for Smash. With the state of Canada Post, I'd be lucky to get it this year.

Turbowolf

Nov 2, 2018
I have one Canada Post shipment outstanding, and it's been "out for delivery" since yesterday. Not scheduled to arrive till tomorrow, so I think "out for delivery" is a bit premature. Unless it's actually sitting in a truck that's taking three days to unload.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carrot has been going downhill for some time so I'm not surprised at all. I even expected this. Their redesign is terrible, too.

I'm thinking about deleting it and have been for some time, but their email today did say that there will still be quizzes to earn points from. But, given how few and far between those have been in the last few to several months, I'm not holding my breath.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I got two or three free movies.

It's been going downhill since the election. They knew their funding would be cut with Ford and the PC party being in charge so they stretched out what budget they had left. Another good program "for the people" cut. :p Other provinces that still have funding have been unaffected.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's been going downhill since the election. They knew their funding would be cut with Ford and the PC party being in charge so they stretched out what budget they had left. Another good program "for the people" cut. :p Other provinces that still have funding have been unaffected.

That makes sense. I never put the two together, but it makes perfect sense. Especially if the other couple of provinces haven't been affected.

It's too bad, because it WAS a great app and provided some nice incentive to go walking and get those extra steps.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got an email that Final Fantasy VII PS4 has been delayed until Dec 27, 2019... that's a Friday, which makes this seem less like a placeholder. How insane would Square Enix have to be to set this as the release date for the game, two days after Christmas one year from now?

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I just got an email that Final Fantasy VII PS4 has been delayed until Dec 27, 2019... that's a Friday, which makes this seem less like a placeholder. How insane would Square Enix have to be to set this as the release date for the game, two days after Christmas one year from now?
Definitely a placeholder, but games have been launching on Fridays for a while now.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Anyone have experience with Biogenik LAN adapter for Switch? Picked it up at EB but I'm not sure if it's safe...
What indication did you have that it was cancelled? Did your order status change on the site? Did they inform you in any way?
I'm getting nervous because a charge appeared on my card for Smash Bros weeks ago, but then disappeared. My order is currently listed as "in progress".
My order status has Spiderman shipped on the order but Smash and Pikachu as cancelled.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
my TV died

bought the xbr55x800e from costco tomorrow the last day of the sale sub 1k

Last edited:

nath999

May 7, 2018
Guess I should buy Smash Bros from somewhere else, my playstation classic from Walmart won't be delivered until the end of next week.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone's Smash Bros order from Walmart shipped?

I have mine being delivered with in-store pickup. I don't suppose I'll be able to just walk into the store on launch day with my order number and pick up a copy, will I?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Has anyone's Smash Bros order from Walmart shipped?

I have mine being delivered with in-store pickup. I don't suppose I'll be able to just walk into the store on launch day with my order number and pick up a copy, will I?
In-store pickup is the fucking worst option with Walmart. You'll be waiting for them to ship it to the store before you can go pick it up from there. It's a really dumb system and you'll hate it. Have fun!

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
In-store pickup is the fucking worst option with Walmart. You'll be waiting for them to ship it to the store before you can go pick it up from there. It's a really dumb system and you'll hate it. Have fun!

Lol I may just cave and get it digital and return the Walmart copy if it takes too long to ship. Hopefully they accept in-store returns for items bought online?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. Since instore and online inventory is different, you'll have to go to the store and then wait while they rummage around in the back for your item. You can't just take it off the shelf and go, nor can you ask anyone working there to get it for you.

I probably waited about 20 minutes for my item. In that time I saw two people try to return an item without a receipt.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
anyone have any idea how long canada post will take to ship through the strikes?
ordered my switch pro controller on the 24th and it was supposed to come on the 27th. At this rate im losing hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.