• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any idea how long canada post will take to ship through the strikes?
ordered my switch pro controller on the 24th and it was supposed to come on the 27th. At this rate im losing hope.

In my case, I ordered mine on the 21st and received it through CP on the 28th. I live in Ottawa FWIW

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turns out EB Games dot CA shipped my PSX Classic even though I canceled before release. I'm gonna end up keeping (and opening) this thing, aren't I?

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
So my CC expired, and Walmart emailed me last night saying they couldn't process my Smash preorder. I was hoping if I just updated the CC info on my account it would adjust for the orders too, but I guess not. Called them just now and after finally getting through to someone (needed to go through grocery pickup? wtf) he told me the order is already processed and to disregard the email I got last night.
Not sure if he just didn't know what he was talking about, or what. Wondering if I should call back again later and see if I get someone more knowledgeable.

So, as I was checking my Walmart order, I saw this:

kl6hjAq.png

The item above smash bros is supposed to be FF7 Remake....So I guess I can expect to never get it since "it's gone from the system too bad" or something, huh?
I've got Smash and FF7 on the same order (alongside Pokemon Lets Go) just like you, when I called he actually named it alongside Smash, so it's still in their system, somewhere.

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
hey can some one help me. I pre ordered smash from amazon thinking I would get it day one. but according to CS it won't arrive until Monday. is there any place I can pre order now and get day one. or am I screwed.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
hey can some one help me. I pre ordered smash from amazon thinking I would get it day one. but according to CS it won't arrive until Monday. is there any place I can pre order now and get day one. or am I screwed.

Are you looking specifically for online ordering? If not, and don't blame me if I'm wrong but, I would be very surprised if the bigger stores run out of stock on Ultimate, even on day 1. Nintendo and more importantly retailers have to know this game will be massive enough that they would stock up for people just walking in.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't heard anything from WalMart about my Smash preorder yet.

Also, I ordered a ship-to-store Pro Controller on Black Friday but it's still stuck in Canada Post shipping. Does anyone know if I can just go to the store and see if they have store stock instead?

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've got Smash and FF7 on the same order (alongside Pokemon Lets Go) just like you, when I called he actually named it alongside Smash, so it's still in their system, somewhere.

Interesting. I called them, the lady on the other end couldn't name the item but she also didn't quite grasp what I was asking her, so I left the call not knowing anything, this is good.

Though, she also confirmed that I won't be getting Smash until Jan 2nd, (And my $60 amazon copy I have for a friend is up in the air) gonna have to pick two copies up elsewhere on launch.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Interesting. I called them, the lady on the other end couldn't name the item but she also didn't quite grasp what I was asking her, so I left the call not knowing anything, this is good.

Though, she also confirmed that I won't be getting Smash until Jan 2nd, (And my $60 amazon copy I have for a friend is up in the air) gonna have to pick two copies up elsewhere on launch.
When I talked to them on chat they said Jan 2nd, I hope it's a placeholder date.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada

When I talked to them on chat they said Jan 2nd, I hope it's a placeholder date.

I was told this too, and it got me wondering. Looking at my original confirmation email, FF7's release date was set to Jan 1 2019, so I'm guessing that's why we're being told that? The order probably just has one delivery date on Jan 2, instead of having a date for each individual item.

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Went in store at EB Games and pre-ordered yesterday, call ahead though

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Purolator is by far the worst courier in the business.

Live chat seldom works.

If you call in, the wait is insufferable. Call back doesn't work either.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Does Walmart/Amazon/Best Buy usually have the same SKUs on games? I'm curious if people are able to buy a game from Amazon at cheap cost, and Walmart day one and then return the Amazon one to Walmart? I know this is fraud and frowned upon, just curious how they differentiate identical products.

Apologies if this is not allowed to be discussed - consider it deleted.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Does Walmart/Amazon/Best Buy usually have the same SKUs on games? I'm curious if people are able to buy a game from Amazon at cheap cost, and Walmart day one and then return the Amazon one to Walmart? I know this is fraud and frowned upon, just curious how they differentiate identical products.

This is a criminal offence punishable up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Kidding lol. All games have the same SKU.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still no delivery date for 50 dollar Smash from Amazon. Also bought the Mayflash Gamecube Controller Adapter, and that ain't coming until the 12th. Welp.

Ah well, I got other games to play.

Edit: Amazon is saying delivery between the 11th and 13th. Not that terrible I suppose.

Oct 25, 2017

I do this all the time and most probably will have to do it again since Walmart will probably not deliver Day 1.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I also had the December 11-13 delivery date for Smash via Amazon. I wanted to speak to a rep to find out whats going on, if it'll be a big thing like RDR2. All I asked was, the delivery date is 4 days after release, how come? And they adjusted it without any other inquiry. They stated "Guaranteed delivery by: Friday, December 7, 2018 Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - Thursday, December 13, 2018" and the order now says delivery date for December 7. I don't really know what to make of this, it was really that easy?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I also had the December 11-13 delivery date for Smash via Amazon. I wanted to speak to a rep to find out whats going on, if it'll be a big thing like RDR2. All I asked was, the delivery date is 4 days after release, how come? And they adjusted it without any other inquiry. They stated "Guaranteed delivery by: Friday, December 7, 2018 Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - Thursday, December 13, 2018" and the order now says delivery date for December 7. I don't really know what to make of this, it was really that easy?
Huh, I just did the same and got bumped up to the 10-11th. Not bad.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're all talking about Smash, I don't even have an estimated date yet. I just have "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Wonder if it'll get here before Christmas lol...

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, and they expect you to pick-up your package out of nowhere. I really dislike any store using them.

I agree that Purolator is the worst. I had to waste over an hour last week to pick something up from the depot because "because the recepient didn't answer the door" (which is bullshit because they never even rung the doorbell).

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I got this too! I want to complain (entitled I know) but I feel like that will lead to nowhere.
Chat with a CSR. I got bumped up to next Mon-Tues.

You're not entitled for feeling you should get your package, of which they will invariably have enough stock of, at a reasonable date. RDR2 was artificially delayed for discounted preorders and I guarantee this is the sameness situation.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 14, 2018 . We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Super Smash Bros Ultimate"
Estimated arrival date: December 13, 2018 - December 19, 2018

Thanks for nothing Amazon... 😒. Gonna complain tomorrow. See if I can get anything better, doubtful, as I don't have Prime.. But I shouldn't need Prime to get it within a week of release. C'mon....

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 14, 2018 . We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Super Smash Bros Ultimate"
Estimated arrival date: December 13, 2018 - December 19, 2018

Thanks for nothing Amazon... 😒. Gonna complain tomorrow. See if I can get anything better, doubtful, as I don't have Prime.. But I shouldn't need Prime to get it within a week of release. C'mon....
what do you mean

non-Prime members are considered bottom feeders. safe to assume to add an extra 2 weeks for delivery from launch date

Pompeii

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto Ontario

You're not entitled for feeling you should get your package, of which they will invariably have enough stock of, at a reasonable date. RDR2 was artificially delayed for discounted preorders and I guarantee this is the sameness situation.
I didn't know about this.. that's very scummy. If they believe this will get me to cancel my discounted preorder they are sadly mistaken. I'll see what's up later on in the day.

Oct 25, 2017
You all need to watch South Park from last night, it was about an Amazon fulfillment centre going on strike........

Edit - Walmart.ca has Smash pre-orders shipping tomorrow.......and the game is out of stock online too, wow

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017

keep repeating a lie still wont make it true

nintendo games have always never been guaranteed for release date delivery since around the time the switch launched

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the only place where I've had any success getting games on release day after pre-ordering online is Best Buy(and even Best Buy had some hiccups). Amazon has always been a tire fire to me in terms of preordering(never preordering from Amazon again), and Walmart has only been slightly less shitty.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Just in case anyone was looking forward to it (like me), Geoff Keighley's podcast Score Notes (exclusive to Spotify) interviewing composers of games is not available in Canada.

This is despite the fact that one of the episodes centers on an interview with the composer of the Celeste soundtrack, a game made by Canadian developers. Meaning the Vancouver-based Matt Makes Games devs can't listen to a podcast about the music in their own game.

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought a 1-yr PS+ membership from Costco. Forgot to activate. Meanwhile I just got auto-charged $11.99 for another month post-trial. Would Sony refund me on that month if I email/call and explain?

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I got the Dec 11-13th email and don't have a shipping notice yet, but amazon charged me for Smash and Ridley this morning. Generally that means things ship out that day. Same shit happened with Pokemon and that made it on the Friday. We'll see.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
So I bought a 1-yr PS+ membership from Costco. Forgot to activate. Meanwhile I just got auto-charged $11.99 for another month post-trial. Would Sony refund me on that month if I email/call and explain?

I was charged for a renewal this summer, but the psn store had it on sale. I called in and they refunded the difference as a credit on my PSN account. It wasn't too difficult, but YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.