• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, it is ridiculous that Amazon refuses to refund the difference if a price changes on their own site within 24 hours of an order shipping, and require you to return and re-order.
Yeah I went through this exact thing last week. Its a policy that exists in the US market of Amazon but in Canada they refuse to do anything about it at all. But are entirely okay with wasting everyones time to return and re-buy. Its super super dumb

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I went through this exact thing last week. Its a policy that exists in the US market of Amazon but in Canada they refuse to do anything about it at all. But are entirely okay with wasting everyones time to return and re-buy. Its super super dumb

If you return with the reason better price... don't they charge you shipping for the return?

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
Is it possible to change a Canadian PSN account to a American PSN account registered in state that doesn't have sales tax ?

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
The only time I buy digital is if it's an online/digital only title and the only reason I chose to buy on PSN over XBL was due to the no tax thing. If taxes are coming to Quebec then I suppose I will buy more digital only titles on XBL in the future.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I only came in here to announce that I went to Montreal, and Canada, for the very first time recently and despite the absolutely arctic weather I truly enjoyed your fair country!

Carry on.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hope anyone that wanted the Limited Edition Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro bundle got it online a couple of hours ago when it went live on EB's site (it's exclusive to them in Canada). If you didn't then you better make your way to a store to put in a preorder there because it's sold out online.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope anyone that wanted the Limited Edition Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro bundle got it online a couple of hours ago when it went live on EB's site (it's exclusive to them in Canada). If you didn't then you better make your way to a store to put in a preorder there because it's sold out online.
The store that I got my preorder from only had 3 to allocate.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Of course it majorly sucks...but PSN sales are pretty good actually, I've picked up tons of games dirt cheap. I remember getting for honour gold deluxe or whatever ($150) for $40

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

Yes.
Amazon has the 2TB Seagate for $90. In blue or silver so I'm sure Bestbuy would reject a PM
https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Backup-Portable-External-STDR2000102/dp/B00FRHTTIU

EDIT: The general failure point of the WD passport series in my experience is the usb connector that is soldered directly on to the drive itsself. I see frequent I/O errors when they fail. They arent very serviceable if they fail as the drive cannot just be removed from its enclosure and placed into a SATA dock or PC because the sata connection is not present. Unsure if seagate follows this manufacturing practice on their series.
Dunno about all Seagate's, but the above 2TB Seagate can indeed be smashed open to obtain a regular SATA laptop HD.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ebay currently the cheapest place to buy Super Smash? My friends who I haven't seen in forever all bought it and now I need it.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at furniture stuff in Canada. Was looking for a small comfy chair for a little bedroom (at or around 30 x 30"). Almost everything that isn't a plastic lawnchair is $300+ with poor reviews or questionable quality. Saw some nicer things on amazon.com but of course despite the far better prices, they either don't ship here or it straight up says 600+ dollars for shipping and import fees, like, lol. Wayfair has a not so great return policy so I'm avoiding them, but overall most places are just laugh worthy.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Lol at furniture stuff in Canada. Was looking for a small comfy chair for a little bedroom (at or around 30 x 30"). Almost everything that isn't a plastic lawnchair is $300+ with poor reviews or questionable quality. Saw some nicer things on amazon.com but of course despite the far better prices, they either don't ship here or it straight up says 600+ dollars for shipping and import fees, like, lol. Wayfair has a not so great return policy so I'm avoiding them, but overall most places are just laugh worthy.

I'd recommend Ikea if you haven't already checked.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya I don't relate to that, Red Dead has a lot of things to do, but I've never felt overwhelmed once. I went to poker once or twice, hunting once or twice, fishing just because it was forced, but I'm just doing the main missions and stranger quests and the money collection for Herr Strauss.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ya I don't relate to that, Red Dead has a lot of things to do, but I've never felt overwhelmed once. I went to poker once or twice, hunting once or twice, fishing just because it was forced, but I'm just doing the main missions and stranger quests and the money collection for Herr Strauss.

There's too many games now to be doing shit like fishing and playing poker in games lol

(for me)

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
Amazon has the 2TB Seagate for $90. In blue or silver so I'm sure Bestbuy would reject a PM
https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Backup-Portable-External-STDR2000102/dp/B00FRHTTIU

Dunno about all Seagate's, but the above 2TB Seagate can indeed be smashed open to obtain a regular SATA laptop HD.

Yeah I believe seagate uses a sata to 3.0 adapter that can be removed easily to expose standard sata connection where WD's is soldered to the drive board.

Status
Not open for further replies.