• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I ordered Final Fantasy XII on Amazon with a deal back when it was still available. I see that it's supposed to be delivered to me by tomorrow but I feel scheptical about it. For one, I've yet to ever get a Switch game from Amazon on release day, and two, the game currently shows as unavailable to order. Will watch and see over the next day, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

EDIT: I'll be damned. Preparing for Shipment.

Last edited:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So i'm considering doing a video on Canadian video game deals and was looking for what people here would like to see discussed i.e. where to go for what deals, what to use, potential cash back, etc. I'm most likely going to break the video down into two sections (Deals for physical games and deals for digital games/software) but that might change into a platform breakdown.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we think that the EB-exclusive Borderlands remastered will be hard to find in the future, should I buy it now instead of waiting for a price drop?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I recently wrote that Walmart sent me an email about not having Days Gone in stock and that my order would be cancelled. The game is released and my order is still processing. Anyone that ordered the game from WM got their copy?

I got the delay email a month ago, and it said that it would be cancelled within three days if the game did not ship. I also got the same email regarding my one other Walmart order for RAGE 2, and it worried me.

I emailed them and said it was bullshit. That I had preordered Days Gone 2 years ago, and that it was shown as in stock and available then, as far as pre-ordering goes. That I deserved to get both games at that price, and there was no reason for them to cancel them. They wrote back and said they'd honour that price if the order did get cancelled, but that it shouldn't, and provided me with a $10 credit.

Fast forward to just now, and I just received another email about Days Gone being delayed. I got it elsewhere because I couldn't wait.

Do we think that the EB-exclusive Borderlands remastered will be hard to find in the future, should I buy it now instead of waiting for a price drop?

The physical version is an EB Games exclusive?

I'd buy it now, because you never know and it's already a budget release at $30. You might see a price drop, but who knows when or if it'll happen. If you can afford it and want the game, go for it.

When I first looked, they were sold out at release and didn't have stock. Slowly it came back in stock and I was able to buy one, but haven't played it yet. It's one of my favourite games.

I used some gift card credit and also got a Deadpool shirt for less than $2 because they were clearing it out and I couldn't say no to such a cheap t-shirt. Even if I'm not crazy about superheroes anymore.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I recently wrote that Walmart sent me an email about not having Days Gone in stock and that my order would be cancelled. The game is released and my order is still processing. Anyone that ordered the game from WM got their copy?

Walmart sent my Days Gone preorder the day before release and I had it by 2 pm on launch day. Pretty sure I didn't get any such email, nor did I know they sent it out for Days Gone.

Pretty sure that was my first time getting a game I ordered online at launch lol

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
So i'm considering doing a video on Canadian video game deals and was looking for what people here would like to see discussed i.e. where to go for what deals, what to use, potential cash back, etc. I'm most likely going to break the video down into two sections (Deals for physical games and deals for digital games/software) but that might change into a platform breakdown.
Trade in manipulation at EB is a must.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
$50 preorder was delivered on launch day like almost every other WM order I've ever made.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
My Yoshi preorder got cancelled by Walmart with that same email tactic and I got the email about Days Gone last night despite it still being in stock on their website.

Don't really care for either game tbh but it's still a super shady tactic from Walmart to not honor the E3 pricing.

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I went to EBGames to pick up Final Fantasy XII for Switch but they didn't get it yet, lol. Thinking about using Video Games Plus as my new place to buy games but not sure how they are, I think they charge for shipping though.

Edit: Looks like when you pre-order you have to select a shipping charge, but during the month the game is out you can select free shipping.

Last edited:

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I went to EBGames to pick up Final Fantasy XII for Switch but they didn't get it yet, lol. Thinking about using Video Games Plus as my new place to buy games but not sure how they are, I think they charge for shipping though.

Edit: Looks like when you pre-order you have to select a shipping charge, but during the month the game is out you can select free shipping.
Keep in mind that free shipping is a padded mailer through lettermail, which is fine but it won't reach you faster than waiting on EB to get something in store.

Also if you're going VGP, always always use PayPal.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm. Anyone else get FFXII from EB? I have a copy pre-ordered, but mine isn't open yet to call. Just curious is this is a chain-wide thing, I don't want to waste a trip.

Deleted member 56069

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Keep in mind that free shipping is a padded mailer through lettermail, which is fine but it won't reach you faster than waiting on EB to get something in store.

Also if you're going VGP, always always use PayPal.
Why PayPal?

Hmm. Anyone else get FFXII from EB? I have a copy pre-ordered, but mine isn't open yet to call. Just curious is this is a chain-wide thing, I don't want to waste a trip.

I asked them on Twitter - maybe the copies aren't going to be shipped in yet until mid-afternoon. I'm in Mississauga and checked in the morning ~10:30AM.

Deleted member 56069

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I went to another EBGames and got my copy, I don't know why my local one said they didn't get it. Seems like every other one did.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you buy something with a credit card, you essentially hand your credit card information over to the seller, and then the seller sends a message to Visa/Mastercard/Amex saying "Hey Visa/Mastercard/Amex! I've got Torizo's CC information right here. Torizo says you should give me money. So give me money. Send him the bill later."

That's why you can get screwed with credit cards if the seller is untrustworthy and abuses that info, or someone steals your CC info from you, or if someone steals your CC info from the seller.

Paypal works different. With Paypal, you put some money into your Paypal account (assuming you don't already have some money sitting there), and then you tell Paypal to push the money over into VGP's (or whoever's) Paypal account. VGP (or whoever) can't pull money from your account, Paypal will only ever send money based on a push from you.

That means that your Paypal account can only get compromised if the info is stolen from your side. It's much safer. And even if your info gets stolen, you probably don't have any money in your account for anyone to steal.

VGP is a small operation with bad security. They've been hacked before, and their customers credit card info was stolen and abused. And their security hasn't gotten any better since then. If you give VGP your CC info, you're basically begging for it to be stolen. Meanwhile, if nobody gives their CC info to VGP, then VGP has very little that's worth stealing. You're protecting yourself and anyone foolish enough to give VGP their CC info by not giving VGP your CC info.

Stick with Paypal on VGP. You can use your credit card to pay Paypal, because Paypal is a massive e-commerce company with ridiculously high levels of security. VGP is a mom-and-pop videogame store run by elderly people who are not so good with computer, but who have great taste in videogames and a willingness to put things into the mailbox.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
DEAL
Ebay discount of $3USD off a purchase of $3.01 or more. This is great if you wanna buy something dirt cheap. Valid till 3am EST on May 3.
Code: PERKS4ME

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone order Darksiders Warmastered for the Switch from Amazon.ca? Now that it's out up here like a month after the USA, are they sending out the black cover version?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up, cineplex is showing some studio ghibli movies and indiana jones classics, tickets available now.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So last year when I had to renew my PS+ subscription I had managed to find one of the last pre-paid card that was still only 50$ instead of the new price... I imagine there's no way I could still find one of those cards in store by now so are there any promos on the subs?

Oh and I guess my XBL Gold expired too so same question for the promo...

5hade

Oct 27, 2017
So last year when I had to renew my PS+ subscription I had managed to find one of the last pre-paid card that was still only 50$ instead of the new price... I imagine there's no way I could still find one of those cards in store by now so are there any promos on the subs?

I doubt you would find the old cards still for PS+, but the new subs do go on sale for $50 still occasionally. Doesn't help if you are looking for it ASAP though.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

I'd be blown away if you found a cheap card. PS+ does go on promo a few times a year, best thing to do is just jump on it when you see it, the sub will stack on top of yours.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'd be blown away if you found a cheap card. PS+ does go on promo a few times a year, best thing to do is just jump on it when you see it, the sub will stack on top of yours.
It's why people should stock up on PSN credit when a retailer has a deal on them and stock up on PS+ subs when a deal pops up for them. Waiting until you actually need either of them is the worst thing to do.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
anyone spot ffxii for switch at shoppers drug mart? I doubt it'll make an appearance but you never know! :(

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy in Burlington had The World Ends With You for $30 clearance, looks like it's store specific. I picked it up there 2 weeks ago and they priced matched for me.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I was at Yonge-Bloor station yesterday on the Bloor line, I saw two bags discarded on the subway track. Enough out of the way so they wouldn't get hit, near the wall. Outside of one bag I could see an NES advantage, and several NES carts including Zelda and Mario Bros 2. I so wanted to call for staff to fetch it, but I left it. I want to know what happened.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you buy something with a credit card, you essentially hand your credit card information over to the seller, and then the seller sends a message to Visa/Mastercard/Amex saying "Hey Visa/Mastercard/Amex! I've got Torizo's CC information right here. Torizo says you should give me money. So give me money. Send him the bill later."

This isn't entirely accurate, most sellers don't handle credit card info directly, there are regulations about that.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Crave is such a steaming pile of garbage.

Error in metadata loading.

Gonna have to watch it after it airs. Such a load of shit. Why bother paying for a service when I'll get a better experience and better image quality by pirating.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna have to watch it after it airs. Such a load of shit. Why bother paying for a service when I'll get a better experience and better image quality by pirating.
Going off of Twitter it seems HBO GO is fucking up right now too.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy this thread is dead....

I have a 19.96 dollar charge from wal-mart posted on my CC, I'm assuming it'll disappear in a few days and it's just wal-mart being wal-mart but the only pre-order I have left is Metroid and who the hell knows when that'll even have a release date

Holy shit, walmart customer service can now change the e-mail address on an account :o

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if I've been lucky or what, but so far Crave has been flawless for me when watching GoT live.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the bottom line on walmart orders? I got the "will be cancelled in 3 days" messages for all my orders, but none of the games came out yet. Are people still receiving them despite those emails?

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
While we are on the topic of Walmart: they gave me a refund this week for Yoshi's Crafted World. No explanation as to why.

I'm hesitant to spend the money they refunded in case they take it back, lol.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I'm still waiting for crave to release a ps4 app.

Its pretty ridiculous they still don't have one. Even shomi (anybody remember that?) Had one.

It's been YEARS.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still waiting for crave to release a ps4 app.

Its pretty ridiculous they still don't have one. Even shomi (anybody remember that?) Had one.

It's been YEARS.

I am convinced that the Crave team consists of like 5-10 people in a small room in Toronto due to Bell being cheap and not giving a shit about platform quality, only content.

The division should have over 100 dedicated Bell employees and regular updates every few weeks like Netflix. Canada produces a shitton of programmers and software engineers, there is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.