• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

This is so fucking stupid that I can't believe Bethesda made this happen. lol

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the eShop is down?

Mario Maker 2 thirst is real

EDIT: ah it's back now

Last edited:

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Mario Maker 2 with NSO bundle is $90, so $10 more than just the game, same as the US ($70 - $60 = $10), despite NSO being $5 more here.

So I guess we're getting a (very slightly) better deal out of this.

As for the vouchers I'm still on the fence about it, not 100% sure I'll actually buy two other first party games within the next year?

Last edited:

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
The Mario Maker 2 with NSO bundle is $90, so $10 more than just the game, same as the US ($70 - $60 = $10), despite NSO being $5 more here.

So I guess we're getting a (very slightly) better deal out of this.

As for the vouchers I'm still on the fence about it, not 100% sure I'll actually buy two other first party games within the next year?

Any idea if the vouchers must be redeemed on the same account or would I be able to use one and get one to a friend?

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
User banned (3 days): piracy
Finally decided to use Homebrew on my switch. Those full priced first party Nintendo games disgust me and just makes me want to throw up. Full price games from WiiU generation... unacceptable.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to use Homebrew on my switch. Those full priced first party Nintendo games disgust me and just makes me want to throw up. Full price games from WiiU generation... unacceptable.

You could always just wait for sales and price drops. Happening with switch games more than first party wii and wii u games ever have.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I got a pair of vouchers, cuz why not. Pre-ordered Mario Maker, and might save the other one for Zelda, Animal Crossing or Pokemon this fall. I would get Fire Emblem, but I have the LE of that pre-ordered.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I got a pair of vouchers, cuz why not. Pre-ordered Mario Maker, and might save the other one for Zelda, Animal Crossing or Pokemon this fall. I would get Fire Emblem, but I have the LE of that pre-ordered.

Honestly, the choice of games is poor. If I want to benefit from this, I'd buy two Mario Makers since I have two Switches and one is for my boys who are eargerly waiting for this game (and the other one for me to play their stages).

Come to think of this, I think I'll get that then :D

EDIT: Is it possible to gift a game?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the choice of games is poor. If I want to benefit from this, I'd buy two Mario Makers since I have two Switches and one is for my boys who are eargerly waiting for this game (and the other one for me to play their stages).

Can you buy 2 copies of the same game from the Nintendo Store?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Can you buy 2 copies of the same game from the Nintendo Store?
Yeah, the way this works, I don't think that can happen. They don't email you literal vouchers in the form of eShop codes. They're tied to your account, so when you go to purchase an applicable game, you just see an option for "redeem voucher". I don't think you'll be able to purchase a game twice, or gift one of the vouchers.

As for the selection, it seems to just be mainly Nintendo first/second party titles. So I assume games like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc will all be added as they're up for pre-order.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I just got the bundle for an extra year of NSO with Mario Maker 2. Was considering getting a physical copy but it'll be nice to have this game always ready to play. The voucher deal is vaguely tempting but I don't want to wait until e3 to see if they add Animal Crossing to the list of eligible games. None of the others seem too interesting since Fire Emblem will for sure be a physical purchase in case I end up wanting to re-sell it.

And don't pirate Nintendo games. I know they're expensive but they're generally pretty good value. You can re-sell easily too since they hold value so long.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Wish this worked for physical. I'm buying MM2, MUA3 and FE3H at launch and would have loved to save that money but I gotta be addicted to the physical lol

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I just got the bundle for an extra year of NSO with Mario Maker 2. Was considering getting a physical copy but it'll be nice to have this game always ready to play. The voucher deal is vaguely tempting but I don't want to wait until e3 to see if they add Animal Crossing to the list of eligible games. None of the others seem too interesting since Fire Emblem will for sure be a physical purchase in case I end up wanting to re-sell it.

And don't pirate Nintendo games. I know they're expensive but they're generally pretty good value. You can re-sell easily too since they hold value so long.

Where did you get it?!!! Is the bundle with NSO a digital only offer?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Small FYI: if you buy the Mario Maker + NSO bundle, the NSO sub comes as a code, so you can potentially gift it to someone else.

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait until E3 to see if we have any deals before getting the Nintendo vouchers. Interested in getting Animal Crossing with it, but not sure what other game I would want digitally.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this year's E3 deals are better than last year.

That was the first year in a while that I didn't preorder anything.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Where did you get it?!!! Is the bundle with NSO a digital only offer?

I finally got around to watching the Direct and it clearly says at the 15:50 mark that the online bundle is both digital and physical release.

I don't see the physical bundle listed yet but the box art is out there.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if Fanatical.com has taxes for Canadians (especially in Quebec)?

Edit: NVM, just went ahead and bought Three Kingdom and there was no taxes!

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
When did Walmart start putting up their $50 preorders and whatnot last year?

Gonna have to do a better job of stalking them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.