• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just like it should be.
It was funny when the deals started and those of us in Ontario were able to get in on them and then they sold out before the west coast was allowed to place their orders. Then when neither BB or Amazon matched the sale price WM raised some of them from $50 to $60. lol

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It was funny when the deals started and those of us in Ontario were able to get in on them and then they sold out before the west coast was allowed to place their orders. Then when neither BB or Amazon matched the sale price WM raised some of them from $50 to $60. lol
Lmfao was so funny when all the west coast people were freaking

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lmfao was so funny when all the west coast people were freaking
I felt bad for them. The ones I didn't feel bad for were the "I'll wait to make one big order when everything is up" people because they played themselves and missed the better deals. Single game orders is always the way to go and it should always be a "order now think later" situation.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I felt bad for them. The ones I didn't feel bad for were the "I'll wait to make one big order when everything is up" people because they played themselves and missed the better deals. Single game orders is always the way to go and it should always be a "order now think later" situation.
People never learn lol. This year I'm probably going to grab about 3'of each major game.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
image0.jpg

This is so fucking stupid that I can't believe Bethesda made this happen. lol
This may be the funniest thing about Rage 2...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
This year lets all look forward to a cheap Persona 5 price error that will likely go up 15 minutes to half an hour before the promotion ends. I hope this year is gonna be yet another wild ride. It's always fun catching the price errors and HOPING that list of games you want make it into the promo.

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm going to preorder off of EB online, should I get shipping or pick-up from a nearby store? Transportation isn't an issue for me since I work around a few locations and have some near my home.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm going to preorder off of EB online, should I get shipping or pick-up from a nearby store? Transportation isn't an issue for me since I work around a few locations and have some near my home.
If you want to do in store pickup you should just call the location. You can preorder over the phone. It will be guaranteed there that day.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to get my basement finished this year. Anyone have any recommendations on contractors in the GTA?

edit: Budget is around the $40k range.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to get my basement finished this year. Anyone have any recommendations on contractors in the GTA?

edit: Budget is around the $40k range.

That's a good (realistic) price range. One suggestion a retired contractor gave me years ago was to get plumbing, electrical, and heating/ductwork done first, and separately, with a tradesperson for each.

Like tell them each of them where you want outlets, where you want vents, and where you want your sink and toilet.

Once these specialty items are done, time to call in a general contractor to do your walls, fixtures, ceiling, and flooring.

Otherwise a general contractor will simply markup the prices for all these specific trades, ie acting as a sort of "middle man".

It's quite easy to find individual trades.

The other reason to get the trades work done first is the work is MUCH easier before you put up drywall, finish the ceiling and put in the floors. Jobs get done way faster this way since for example your electrician doesn't have to spend hours fishing wires through finished walls. It's labour cost, not supplies cost, that's astronomical. Time = money.

Oh and one more thing, get your electrician to put in wired ethernet. Basement wifi can be crappy so wiring it up properly and you can run a mesh network that's wired.

Wow this post went on way longer than I thought it would.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good (realistic) price range. One suggestion a retired contractor gave me years ago was to get plumbing, electrical, and heating/ductwork done first, and separately, with a tradesperson for each.

Like tell them each of them where you want outlets, where you want vents, and where you want your sink and toilet.

Once these specialty items are done, time to call in a general contractor to do your walls, fixtures, ceiling, and flooring.

Otherwise a general contractor will simply markup the prices for all these specific trades, ie acting as a sort of "middle man".

It's quite easy to find individual trades.

The other reason to get the trades work done first is the work is MUCH easier before you put up drywall, finish the ceiling and put in the floors. Jobs get done way faster this way since for example your electrician doesn't have to spend hours fishing wires through finished walls. It's labour cost, not supplies cost, that's astronomical. Time = money.

Oh and one more thing, get your electrician to put in wired ethernet. Basement wifi can be crappy so wiring it up properly and you can run a mesh network that's wired.

Wow this post went on way longer than I thought it would.
I appreciate the long post lol. I was just going to go with a general contractor for everything but if I can save a decent amount getting things done separately, I might take a look around. Definitely getting the ethernet done. The main use will be for gaming and home theater.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the long post lol. I was just going to go with a general contractor for everything but if I can save a decent amount getting things done separately, I might take a look around. Definitely getting the ethernet done. The main use will be for gaming and home theater.

If you're want ethernet run, DO NOT let a general electrician do it.

To put it simply, if you run/terminate data cable runs the same way you run electrical, you are going to have problems.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017

To put it simply, if you run/terminate data cable runs the same way you run electrical, you are going to have problems.
Yeah I've read some tips for wiring and already have some bootleg work done, so hopefully I can avoid any interference issues once everything is more...professional. Thanks for the heads up.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

That's a big generalization. While mistakes are possible, there are companies now that specialize in data wiring (same firms that used to run phone wires and cable tv inside buildings). Fishing wire cleanly is something a skilled trade does extremely well.

As for data hookup errors, I've honestly never heard of that happening, even from several friends and relatives who did commercial renovations. (And they're not shy about sharing stories of incompetence)

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
An "electrician" that runs data or analog audio along side power never looked in the code book and I doubt ever passed the CofQ.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

For anyone like me who owns MH World, but realy wants the Iceborne steelbook, this is actually great. The regular Deluxe Edition is $99 and comes with Iceborne and MH World base game on disc. However, this is $79, comes with just Iceborn digitally (no MH World at all), and still includes all the other stuff! This is great, I feel like it's rare publishers consider things like this, normally they'd just force you to re-buy the base game even if you didn't want it.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

For anyone like me who owns MH World, but realy wants the Iceborne steelbook, this is actually great. The regular Deluxe Edition is $99 and comes with Iceborne and MH World base game on disc. However, this is $79, comes with just Iceborn digitally (no MH World at all), and still includes all the other stuff! This is great, I feel like it's rare publishers consider things like this, normally they'd just force you to re-buy the base game even if you didn't want it.

That steelbook looks fantastic. But I don't really care for those DLC items, which are bumping up the cost to 90 after tax. Just getting the expansion is 54 bucks. But I REALLY want that steelbook... DAMNIT. (also, the page doesn't yet confirm if EB games is giving the Yukumo set as a preorder bonus like everywhere else)

I still kick myself for not getting the FF15 Amano steelbook whenever I see it, I remember trying to buy just the case off of people on ebay and kijiji, no one wanted to sell the case alone. This is situation as that; passed on the steelbook since it was about double the price of the alternative (had a $50 preorder for ff15 at the time)

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Wal-Mart finally refunds me for a phantom charge on my CC 2 weeks after I ask them about it and don't even bother to tell me they did it or what the error was :p

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
So I got charged for Rage 2 in two separate payments on my credit card, one for 61 bucks, and another for 19. I returned the game last week and finally got a refund on my card today... but just for 61 bucks, not the missing 19. Did that ever happen to anyone else? Can I expect the rest of it to be refunded separately in another transaction??

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I got charged for Rage 2 in two separate payments on my credit card, one for 61 bucks, and another for 19. I returned the game last week and finally got a refund on my card today... but just for 61 bucks, not the missing 19. Did that ever happen to anyone else? Can I expect the rest of it to be refunded separately in another transaction??

Yes, the same kind of thing happened to me, but it was for a $50 game. You need to call them to fix it, or else you won't get fully refunded.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately, the person I dealt with didn't put up a fuss. I just referenced the two charges on my card and that I was only refunded for one. He confirmed and then immediately issued the second refund.
Was this in store? I called customer service and they referred me to the store, then I called the store and they referred me to customer service. Both refuse to help :(

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was this in store? I called customer service and they referred me to the store, then I called the store and they referred me to customer service. Both refuse to help :(

It was customer service on the phone. I said it was an online order and gave the order number. Then explained I have discovered that they only partially refunded me in the store, and that they needed to give me the second refund over the phone.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It was customer service on the phone. I said it was an online order and gave the order number. Then explained I have discovered that they only partially refunded me in the store, and that they needed to give me the second refund over the phone.
Thanks, this is a nightmareeeee

I'll try my luck again a bit later... otherwise I guess I'll have to do a chargeback. Anyone ever do that with Walmart? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.