• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
My local ebx had tshirts at 50% off. Went to preorder some transformers, and couldn't resist picking one up with the sega genesis logo :)

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much would a two year old iPhone X 64GB unlocked go for?
If it was an XS, I assume maybe ~$900-$1000? So a previous generation and a year older, ~$750-$800?

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we no longer allowed to purchase digital content on Amazon US? I have done so in the past, but now when I try to buy Mario Party, I can't even add it to cart because it says I'm outside the US?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Went to Fan Expo and had tons of fun with the girlfriend and her siblings yesterday. It was their first time going and they too had a blast.

As always the bulk of my time there was spent looking at the art aha. But anyway, the goodies I got this year are 2 posters from the Artist's Alley, 1 vinyl and a figurine:

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time drawing over the main theme song music sheet
20190825-155722.jpg

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate roster
20190825-155738.jpg

Blade Runner movie OST vinyl (printed in 1994!)
20190825-155517.jpg

20190825-155538.jpg

Link from Wind Waker
20190825-155821.jpg

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
XQn40jq.png

Not a deal, but The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition is up for pre-order on amazon.ca. Right now it has a placeholder price of $87.74(It's a $60 US game collection). Anyone that pre-orders will get the lowest price between now and release, and you can cancel anytime before they ship.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WRMP3R8...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JC72YCZCJ2THBCYFBHQ6
Wtf the placeholder (hopefully) price went up to $90 dollars lol.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Any experience with Walmart and E3 preorder? I bought Astral Chain from the, like, impossible that i would receive the package friday right?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Any experience with Walmart and E3 preorder? I bought Astral Chain from the, like, impossible that i would receive the package friday right?
I've received stuff from Walmart on Friday release dates before, so no, I wouldn't say it's impossible. Probably depends a lot on where you are and how far the closest distribution center is, though.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses showed up for me on Friday, for example. I'm in downtown Toronto.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
Are we no longer allowed to purchase digital content on Amazon US? I have done so in the past, but now when I try to buy Mario Party, I can't even add it to cart because it says I'm outside the US?
Try the US Best Buy website. But I purchased from there using my RBC Virtual Visa Debit card which provides a US address for such occasions. Keep that in mind.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Picked up the last Resident Evil 2 Collectors Edition from EB. Was overpriced at $240 but for $100 it fell in impulse buy territory.

Now to sell my extra copy of RE2...

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell doesn't Best Buy have Control in stock???
It's like they want me to go to EB after Amazon is shitting the bed with games.

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
I just moved from the States and I am really feeling that topic subtitle compared to what I had back there. Do y'all have any general suggestions on getting games new at release? I had a Collection of Mana preorder for ~$34 USD down there but had to cancel and ended up paying $50 CAD for it up here today. Wondering if there's a better option I can use for this sort of stuff in the future. Doesn't seem like Amazon.ca lowers the prices before release as much as .com did.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just moved from the States and I am really feeling that topic subtitle compared to what I had back there. Do y'all have any general suggestions on getting games new at release? I had a Collection of Mana preorder for ~$34 USD down there but ended up paying $50 CAD for it up here today. Wondering if there's a better option I can use for this sort of stuff in the future. Doesn't seem like Amazon.ca lowers the prices before release as much as .com did.

That's just kinda how it is up here. Amazon.ca will discount random stuff before launch sometimes but not nearly as much as .com does.

Then there are e3 preorders. At e3 most Canadian retailers do 20-30% off preorders for a lot of games. You just missed that though.

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
That's just kinda how it is up here. Amazon.ca will discount random stuff before launch sometimes but not nearly as much as .com does.

Then there are e3 preorders. At e3 most Canadian retailers do 20-30% off preorders for a lot of games. You just missed that though.
Dang. On the bright side I was really happy with the game selection at the libraries here. We barely had any back where I used to live.

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys know, why Walmart won't let you update payment information? Or what exactly the process is when they notice that card does not work for whatever reason (they simply won't send the item out?).

My card was damaged so I had to get it replaced:
Amazon: Easy update, all my orders are fine
Bestbuy: Easy update, all my orders are fine
Walmart: Cannot update on site, called and they cannot update, and seem to lack knowledge on what will happen.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Do you guys know, why Walmart won't let you update payment information?
Because they're mad dumb.
Or what exactly the process is when they notice that card does not work for whatever reason (they simply won't send the item out?).
Maybe you get nothing. Maybe the credit card lets them bill you, because Walmart says so. Maybe you get free games mailed to you and Walmart never notices because the payment and shipping systems aren't linked.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
Do you guys know, why Walmart won't let you update payment information? Or what exactly the process is when they notice that card does not work for whatever reason (they simply won't send the item out?).

Walmart: Cannot update on site, called and they cannot update, and seem to lack knowledge on what will happen.
From what I remember there is simply not much they can do due to their old ass ordering system developed probably using FORTRAN. XD

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

They won't be able to charge your card but will send you the orders anyway. It does happen.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
XQn40jq.png

Not a deal, but The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition is up for pre-order on amazon.ca. Right now it has a placeholder price of $87.74(It's a $60 US game collection). Anyone that pre-orders will get the lowest price between now and release, and you can cancel anytime before they ship.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WRMP3R8...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JC72YCZCJ2THBCYFBHQ6
Wtf the placeholder (hopefully) price went up to $90 dollars lol.
Hey look, a retailer that's doesn't have a stupid price or no internet security just put it up.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Shoppers wouldn't happen to be throwing a 20x event this weekend, would they? Planning on picking up a new rev Switch and trying to decide if it's worth hoping stores here have one or I should just go to EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.