• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if those new 8BitDo DIY kits are available anywhere in Canada? Not seeing them on Amazon. I want to buy one for the SNES Classic Controllers to get a wireless SNES controll on the Switch.

I can buy them from the official website but it's in USD with either ridiculous shipping or like a month long delivery for reasonable shipping price.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anybody knows if those new 8BitDo DIY kits are available anywhere in Canada? Not seeing them on Amazon. I want to buy one for the SNES Classic Controllers to get a wireless SNES controll on the Switch.

I can buy them from the official website but it's in USD with either ridiculous shipping or like a month long delivery for reasonable shipping price.
Truth is, at $30 US I'd rather buy the upcoming SNES controllers directly from Nintendo which will most likely wake the Switch unlike the 8bitdo stuff.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's 20$ US

Do we know how much the official one will cost and when it will be available?
I know the mod kit is $20 US, I was talking about the Nintendo controller's cost. The extra $10 US is worth me not having to go turn on the Switch manually or using another controller to do so.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Sentai has massive discounts on the series/movies they publish, so this is awesome news.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, quick question to my fellow Canadians: why is The (S)Witcher 3 available for pre-purchase for $83.99 on the Switch eShop? Are game prices going up or something?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I've been so jealous of their sales. Do we know how much CAD shipping is? I can't find anything
Just checked. It was $13.49 USD (~$17 CAD) for a single item, $30 USD (~$40 CAD) for 8 items, both sent via Asendia. Kind of a sting, but I could live with that for a big order of really cheap stuff.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked. It was $13.49 USD (~$17 CAD) for a single item, $30 USD (~$40 CAD) for 8 items, both sent via Asendia. Kind of a sting, but I could live with that for a big order of really cheap stuff.
Yea, definitely pricey, but could be worth it with some of those steep discounts. Especially, considering how we never(?) see Sentai titles on sale on amazon.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
Just looking for a friendly favour from anyone in Ontario going to The Beer Store today. There's a bunch of cards for a free month for DAZN that are apparently in every store. If anyone heads into one and it is there, could you potentially grab one for me and send me the code? I'm looking to sign up for DAZN shortly and would appreciate a free month.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Just looking for a friendly favour from anyone in Ontario going to The Beer Store today. There's a bunch of cards for a free month for DAZN that are apparently in every store. If anyone heads into one and it is there, could you potentially grab one for me and send me the code? I'm looking to sign up for DAZN shortly and would appreciate a free month.
So it's a free month in addition to the first free month you get anyway?

Smashdude50

Oct 25, 2017
Does any know any decent (gaming) PC computers for sale? I looked at Best Buy, did not see much... budget is $1000

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It's for my co-worker. She told me it's her first PC, she's starting from scratch.

If you don't mind helping her, use pcpartpicker but have her get all the parts from a single local retailer and pay that same store to build it for her. It's not alot of money but the $$$ saved versus buying a pre built will even out, and she's gonna get a way better PC in the end.

Smashdude50

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't mind helping her, use pcpartpicker but have her get all the parts from a single local retailer and pay that same store to build it for her. It's not alot of money but the $$$ saved versus buying a pre built will even out, and she's gonna get a way better PC in the end.

Alright, thanks. I'll ask her if she wants to go the route of building it.

BubbaGum

Oct 26, 2017
Does any know any decent (gaming) PC computers for sale? I looked at Best Buy, did not see much... budget is $1000
Apparently this is a pretty decent pre-built, but it's $1399.99: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...gb-ssd-16gb-ram-geforce-rtx-2070-eng/13818669

Here's a discussion on reddit talking about the same pre-built when it was on sale at Costco (but it's no longer on sale there now). They seem to think it's pretty good for the price. Also comes with a keyboard and mouse according to the description.

I know it's over $1000 but maybe she could consider saving up?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thanks. I'll ask her if she wants to go the route of building it.
Do you know anyone that could put it together? What catpurrcat is good, but if you're going single retailer for the majority of parts, prices vary quite a bit at times, so see if they'll price match other stores.

And what kind of games does she play? That'd help narrow down GPU options too.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

Is that budget tax in or not?

This is pretty decent for the money. At that price point, I'd probably looking at a Ryzen 2600 and RX 580 combo so this isn't far off the mark. Though, ideally 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD would be nice. I'll let you know if I find anything better.

If you wanted to build yourself, here's something better:

BKysdZm.png

16GB RAM vs. 8GB RAM
1TB SSD vs 500GB SSD
8GB VRAM vs 4GB VRAM

You could also spend an extra $40 to go to a GTX 1660 which is marginally faster and uses quite a bit less power.

Last edited:

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
This worked perfectly. Thank you. I wish it was not limited to one per customer (tried to buy a second after redeeming my first code) as there are a couple digital games I want to buy this week.

Ditto, I tired with a new account with my Paypal and that didn't work, and then I tried my credit card with the new account and even that didn't work! It's the same CC as I used with my PP for the first account. They're being really strict here.

Smashdude50

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this is a pretty decent pre-built, but it's $1399.99: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...gb-ssd-16gb-ram-geforce-rtx-2070-eng/13818669

Here's a discussion on reddit talking about the same pre-built when it was on sale at Costco (but it's no longer on sale there now). They seem to think it's pretty good for the price. Also comes with a keyboard and mouse according to the description.

I know it's over $1000 but maybe she could consider saving up?

Thanks, looks like a good computer. I showed it to her and she said it cost was higher than what she wanted. Thanks again.

Do you know anyone that could put it together? What catpurrcat is good, but if you're going single retailer for the majority of parts, prices vary quite a bit at times, so see if they'll price match other stores.

And what kind of games does she play? That'd help narrow down GPU options too.

I know there is a Memory Express nearby and a couple of Canada Computers a bit further out. I am not too familiar with the two retailers, I only used NCIX when it was around.

I would describe her as a casual gamer but she wants to get into online gaming.

Is that budget tax in or not?

Budget with tax.

If you wanted to build yourself, here's something better:

16GB RAM vs. 8GB RAM
1TB SSD vs 500GB SSD
8GB VRAM vs 4GB VRAM

You could also spend an extra $40 to go to a GTX 1660 which is marginally faster and uses quite a bit less power.

Sent her both, she seems reluctant on building the computer. I told her that Memory Express or Canada Computers can put it together for a fee, she seemed apprehensive on the matter...

Thank you rsfour, catpurrcat, BubbaGum and exodus for all your help.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you guys "buying" Gears??!?!?
Game Pass goes for $1 like there's no tomorrow

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why are you guys "buying" Gears??!?!?
Game Pass goes for $1 like there's no tomorrow
Not everyone plays on PC or owns one powerful enough to play it, or they might like owning their games. I plan to play it via Pass once I finish my Three House's review, hopefully before 2019 is over, but that's because I don't see a Gears game garnering enough interest for a second playthrough from me.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone plays on PC or owns one powerful enough to play it, or they might like owning their games. I plan to play it via Pass once I finish my Three House's review, hopefully before 2019 is over, but that's because I don't see a Gears game garnering enough interest for a second playthrough from me.
Game pass ultimate works on Xbox one. You don't need to just play on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5 is on PC?!?

I should try that out on my laptop, how do I get 1 dollar gamepass right now?

Edit - Oh, right there on the website lol

Edit 2 - Ugh, did I get the wrong gamepass? No Gears 5 with just the PC one

Edit 3 - Oh is the game not out yet? lol

Edit 4 - Wow, my windows needs to be updated rofl

Last edited:

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any sales for joycons? I want to get the neon blue and red bundle so I can have symmetrical neon joycons. Do I need to wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I just doubled down on the ultimate deal and have XGU till 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.