• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What
The people who buy Gears may not have an Xbox nor a gaming PC? What are they planning to play it on?
Read my posts again; they might not have a PC (capable of playing it at a reasonable framerate) or Xbox One but might have one and want to own Gears 5 for whichever one they own.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Read my posts again; they might not have a PC (capable of playing it at a reasonable framerate) or Xbox One but might have one and want to own Gears 5 for whichever one they own.
...but they can just sub to Gamepass for whichever one they own.

The only legit reason to buy Gears 5 is for ownership rights

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still waiting for a Gears 5 walmart order to ship? I'm still waiting even though I got my preorder bonus email today. I get the sense it simply won't ship...

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Does PC GP convert at 1:1 when you do the GP:U deal for $1?
Not sure if it still does but I did it a long time ago when they had the specific one for insiders which converted the existing xbl sub to GP:U.

Accurate, but with qualifiers.

The insider offer was 1-to-1 conversion. However...I recently got 3 months of gamepass (not ultimate) from AMD, and that code converted 3-to-2 (ie 3 months of vanilla gamepass became 2 months of ultimate).

And yes it works on both Xbox and PC the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol your original post was gold

PC gaming is so weird. How does gears run at 4K/60 on mostly ultra while everything else seemingly struggles for 1080/60 or 1440/30.

Gamepass PC is pretty damn cool.

Is there a framerate display option in gears? I'm running it at 1080p on ultra, it crashed once so I lessened my undervolt

Found it, avg framerate is 65ish at 1080p on Ultra

Not bad for a laptop

Last edited:

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone received a Call of Duty beta code yet? Nothing from Best Buy for me...

edit: turns out the code they sent me to download the Capt Price skin for Blackout is also for the open beta. Just didn't say so in the original email. Never mind!

Last edited:

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone received a Call of Duty beta code yet? Nothing from Best Buy for me...

edit: turns out the code they sent me to download the Capt Price skin for Blackout is also for the open beta. Just didn't say so in the original email. Never mind!

oh no way? I have that code from walmart, I'll give it a try. Weird!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Is walmart failing to ship a game preorder 2 days after release a regular thing when there's no backorder? Gears 5 is in stock but they still haven't shipped my copy. I got the codes2go emails for both the beta in July and the preorder bonus a couple days ago, but no sign of my actual copy shipping yet. I called in and they said my estimated delivery was yesterday, but they see it hasn't shipped yet. It's not out of stock so I could just order it... has this happened to anybody else for any game? First time for me, and given how glitchy their online ordering system is, I suspect my order is borked in some way, but hoping it isn't. Any ideas?

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to do with gaming deals, but I thought I'd give a heads up to my Canadian peeps that Switch Joy-Con repairs are estimated to take 3-7 weeks at the moment. I initially called support to ask about the Joy-Con I sent in, as it had been 2 weeks and my status on the repair website was still "due in." The customer support guy I talked to told me they probably have received it, but they are so behind schedule that the estimated 1-3 week repair timeline is at least double as long now. Guess everyone is sending their Joy-Cons in!

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to do with gaming deals, but I thought I'd give a heads up to my Canadian peeps that Switch Joy-Con repairs are estimated to take 3-7 weeks at the moment. I initially called support to ask about the Joy-Con I sent in, as it had been 2 weeks and my status on the repair website was still "due in." The customer support guy I talked to told me they probably have received it, but they are so behind schedule that the estimated 1-3 week repair timeline is at least double as long now. Guess everyone is sending their Joy-Cons in!

Mine took 3 weeks (got them back two weeks ago) even with Nintendo claiming they didn't get my package and having to argue with them for one week

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Is Walmart known for waiting for games to come out before shipping them together, if both release somewhat close to each other (2 weeks apart) and are in the same order?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That's unfortunate, but I'm glad to hear it's more of a backend thing as opposed to my Joycon being lost by Purolator. Was starting to get worried there

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No email, but checking my account my bill went down $7.
My 40Mbps/unlimited ($48.95) went down to the price of the 40Mbps/200GB ($41.95).

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The results of the Wholesale rates being lowered finally coming into effect.

No email from Coextro for me yet.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why does almost every BestBuy package go to the post office instead of my mailbox?

I don't have this with anyone else but BestBuy, so it must be them, but is there anything I can do to stop this shit? Cause it's infuriating. They don't even attempt to deliver it, just ship it off to the closest post office - then I'm stuck going the next day. No Borderlands 3 for me tonight.. >.>

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Y'folks check your ebay mobile app lately? I received a $5 discount code for any purchase over $10. Ended up using for purchasing one of those PSN/XBL $50 gift card that are currently going for $43.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since the CRTC ruling was in regards to cable providers, it's likely DSL wasn't affected.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I need to stop pre-ordering games late at night. I just found out I pre-ordered links awakening from Walmart and Amazon. I wonder if I should keep them both and sell one

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Wow I need to stop pre-ordering games late at night. I just found out I pre-ordered links awakening from Walmart and Amazon. I wonder if I should keep them both and sell one
That's what I'd do. Returning/canceling Walmart stuff is a pain, and f Amazon, I think they're selling these at a loss so make em eat it.
So take em both and share the deal with someone local off Craigslist or whatever. If that doesn't go smoothly, you can always return Walmart stuff within a month.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017

I'm guilty of doing that. I'm hoping for a price drop or the mythical price error. Link's awakening dropped down in amazon to $64.96 but I have the dreamer edition, I don't know which one to keep.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To any Teksavvy users: How is their Cable internet? They have a pretty good 50% off for 6 months offer going on and I'm considering it.

Einreich

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I'd do. Returning/canceling Walmart stuff is a pain, and f Amazon, I think they're selling these at a loss so make em eat it.
So take em both and share the deal with someone local off Craigslist or whatever. If that doesn't go smoothly, you can always return Walmart stuff within a month.
Never had a problem at WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.