• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna say, boomers are going to be all over this. My in-laws are solidly liberal people, Democrats all their lives but I've heard many times "you just can't say anything these days without getting in trouble!" so I know they'd be into this. Old people consumer other old people talking about how great the old days used to be like it's crack

It's easy to poke a hole in their argument, what do you want to say that you can't say now?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I am out of the loop (I don't go on social media) because I had no idea Cleese was Gervais 2.0
Extremely disappointing to say the least...

And now millking out a show out of terrible opinions on top of it.
#sigh

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Like what is it you want to say but feel like you can't Mr. Cleese? Or did people just stop laughing at your jokes and now you're blaming the audience?

He's probably still just pissed off about the episode of faulty towers that got taken off whatever streaming service it was

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunate to hear he's like that.

Seems highly likely the show will be a mess and possibly give added platform to people who shouldn't have one. People really struggle with the concept that not every 'opinion' is valid, innocuous, or worthy of platform.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I really find it funny how all these shows are popping up about being cancelled, and still not realizing the contradiction of it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
another privileged guy with a megaphone talks about how he is being silenced. what a surprise.

this shit isn't funny anymore. i am sick and tired of these chuds trying to paint me and others as the "more toxic ones" using any means possible. hell, i bet that some far-right weirdo will larp as a leftist and send death threats to john just so he can show "proof" of "us going too far".

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, NWA, have all gotten arrested for performing their acts, Kevin Spacey out here trying to rape children and he gets cancelled back to his mansion and millions of dollars.

They killed MLK in 1968, and we've got Nazis with podcasts in 2020.

None of you boomer fucks would be able to spout half the shit you say back in 1960, so you'd better get on your knees and be thankful for the unprecedented amount of free speech you enjoy today.

Oct 27, 2017
John Cleese blacklists himself from Cambridge University event

John Cleese has cancelled an appearance at Cambridge University after a visiting speaker was banned for a Hitler impression.

The star, who said he had done a similar impression on a Monty Python show, said he was "blacklisting myself before someone else does".

On Twitter Cleese apologised to union members and said: "I was looking forward to talking to students at the Cambridge Union this Friday, but I hear that someone there has been blacklisted for doing an impersonation of Hitler.

"I regret that I did the same on a Monty Python show, so I am blacklisting myself before someone else does.

"I apologise to anyone at Cambridge who was hoping to talk with me, but perhaps some of you can find a venue where woke rules do not apply."

Oh fuck off you irrelevant old shitbag. He's so desperate to be outraged he's cancelled his own appearance so he can complain about it. Fucking idiot.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
zgkozh.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if you look at his career, Cleese always thrived off of pissing people off, the misconception many people including myself had was that he did it on some kind of moral ground but I think it's clear now that he's just always been a massive twat.

Not the type of content you'd expect from Channel 4 but it's inevitable when the government start threatening to privatise it, same with the BBC, they can't control the editorial content directly but they can sure as hell scare the higher ups into chasing their approval.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, always tragic to see such a pointless act of suicancellation. Cancel culture running amok. smh

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hes cancelling the BBC because they dared to ask him questions about his recent rants on cancel culture (and the entire subject of the documentary):

I have no love for the BBC right now either so let them fight *shrug*

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
He should totally give his entire fortune he's made from them back as well.

That will really show them.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Coming from someone who used to love his work: What a fucking fool lol. I don't even know who he's fighting with besides the demons he's making up.