• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Looks and feels like original God of War games. Even the music sounds similar.

Such a bad decision for Ubisoft too axe something like this.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could do without the overly gritty look but the platforming and abilites looked really cool. And yes please on that god of war sized monster

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
WOw this looks great. Animation felt so good and mix of pop and god of war is such a good idea.

Prince even has scars from part 3

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
That looks amazing! It would have been close to God of War (PS3) in terms of tech. It looks like pre-alpha but there's no doubt it had been in development for a while.

As for why it went unnoticed: perhaps it was a private video and they changed its status recently.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
We could have gotten this, but here we are with 10+ similar playing/looking Assassin's Creed games.

Ugh, I'm annoyed now.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can see an executive looking at that vertical slice in 2012 and cancelling it because it's too close to Shadow of Mordor but without the Nemesis hook to market it.

But that damn weren't announced until Nev 2013 and didn't come out until the following year.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Looks very much like it's Era with its yellow-brown colors and Bloom, but the Spear-counter step is slick as fuck.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This has been sitting on YouTube for 8 years and no one noticed!? I can only imagine the channel owner never even tried to tell anybody. Wow.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh as much as I want a new Prince of Persia, I don't feel bad about this being cancelled. This looks incredibly generic.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit when that tentacle dragon turns up, that was crazy.

The time rewind powers looked neat.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
God, this looks dull as bricks. Imagine having to replay any of those scripted sections if you miss a jump or something.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool! It would have turned a lot of heads at the time.

Hopefully that registered domain ends up being for something excited.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
It's a nice looking target render/pitch. Weird that it basically went unnoticed on Youtube for so long.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I would have played this, but yeah, requires a lot more work to make it interesting.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
That's hilarious and fascinating that the video has been sitting there since '12 without anyone really noticing it

Jan 2, 2018
I think it looks amazing,especially for 2012,I want the series back so much.
Also,it looks like they intended to keep the sands of time element,but I don't think this looks like a pitch for a sequel for The Two Thrones.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
I can confirm it is real. I watched It 4 years ago and was shown to me by a friend who worked for Ubisoft Sofia. So glad it is finnaly out.
Long story short, this was the planned game instead of the first assassin creed game but they axed it in favor of AC.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the 8 years ago thing is blowing my mind. Or is it a case where the uploader always had it hidden until now?

Definitely looks like a game from that era though. You can seen the inflections from Uncharted, God of War and AC at the time.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
You can see where they'd either taken influence from the AC series or vice versa at that point in development. Also, that design for the Prince is terrible, even worse than the rawk makeover he got in Warrior Within.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm it is real. I watched It 4 years ago and was shown to me by a friend who worked for Ubisoft Sofia. So glad it is finnaly out.
Long story short, this was the planned game instead of the first assassin creed game but they axed it in favor of AC.
This is interesting though cause the first AC came out in 2007.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
This is like the exact opposite of what I'd want a new Prince of Persia game to be. Get out with this Uncharted-style setpiece stuff, I want slower-paced deliberate platforming challenge rooms.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, POP doesnt need to be God of War, but it could stand to learn from AC and Uncharted...still, I'd rather a new POP game reinvent the genre than just follow its contemporaries

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That combat looks ass and absolutly not like what I want from the IP. Prince design is super boring too.

But of course this obviously wasnt a final build so who knows what it would've turned into.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like it. Good franchise that had to die for Assassin's Creed. (Not that AC is bad).

Bring back the reboot colours with this style of gameplay!

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
The first AC released in 2007 and Prince of Persia came out a year later. This video is even older, then?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

That doesn't make sense given that the first AC was released in 2007.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they do make another Prince of Persia I hope they commit to it being linear like this one. Ubi doesn't need another systemic open world game.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Why does prince looks like Sam Fisher lol? Seems like tone and gameplay are similar to that shitty Conviction game, so edgy.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That protagonist feels last gen as fuck tbh.

I can see a mix of Uncharted and God of War in this as well/

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I like some elements of it, but overall it looks unappealing. Also, very brown. Crazy that it went unnoticed for so long, though.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
At first I was like ehh but then I was like ok this is going somewhere.. It's God of War af. I would've played it.