• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The traversal looks fun, but also rather uninteresting outside of that. the fighting looked way too scripted (as much as a video meant to look like gameplay can get past that)

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
A video uploaded by a Ubisoft Montreal artist in 2012 but only discovered in 2020 showed a gameplay trailer for Prince of Persia Redemption which would have been released for Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[48]

Weird wikipedia says this is a employee?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks amazing. i love how publishers always cancel the best looking games and release boring mediocre games instead.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, that looked like the most bland and boring thing I've ever seen. It's everything I hate in games rolled into one package.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
In 2012 that game would have been straight fire. Damn shame it got cancelled. I still hope Ubi surprises us with a new PoP game in the next gen reveal cycle this year.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The game may have been real, but that video is typical ubisoft bullshot. Reminds me of the watch dogs reveal and several others. While it may have turned out as a decent god of war take on pop. It would never have played that smooth or looked that good.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
My friend shared the video with me 4-5 years ago (do not remember exact date) but he explicitly stated that this games was cancelled so that Ubi can do the AC game.I remember as he is a huge Nintendo fan and considers the AC games non games and in his opinion this would have been an better game than AC :). It is the exact same video if I have to be honest.

That doesn't make sense given that the first AC was released in 2007.

The first AC released in 2007 and Prince of Persia came out a year later. This video is even older, then?

The video is on youtube since 2012 but the tech demo of the games is quite older than that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Watching this and remembering Jordan Mechner's original side by side gives me genuine chuckles.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
The AC DNA is so clear, even in that prerendered game play

Also, holy SHIT but that game is B R O W N AS F U C K

Makes Gears looks like a colour wheel

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
This looked fun

Hopefully we'll get some news for a new game in light of that domain listing recently

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people saying this looks good. It looks hideous. The color palette is all just brown and the gameplay is generic on rails linear platforming combat. I get why this IP is dead.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Its source is a Gematsu article whose source is this thread and which does not say that lol
That wiki quote also says it's gameplay, which it is obviously not. I'm sure someone will correct it.
Yup was just corrected by two Ubisoft employees it's CGI.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Wow does that look horribly generic compared to Sands of Time and the 2008 reboot. Combat looks fine, and looks like some decent gameplay elements, but boy oh boy if the series ever gets revived, I REALLY hope this isn't the kind of art style we have to look forward to. More color and inspired character designs please.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
My friend shared the video with me 4-5 years ago (do not remember exact date) but he explicitly stated that this games was cancelled so that Ubi can do the AC game.I remember as he is a huge Nintendo fan and considers the AC games non games and in his opinion this would have been an better game than AC :). It is the exact same video if I have to be honest.

The video is on youtube since 2012 but the tech demo of the games is quite older than that.
I mean there's a tweet from a Ubisoft worker stating it inspired AC3, so either you or your friend are probably just misremembering the details.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the the general public were never meant to see this but someone's decided to change the privacy settings now to generate some PoP hype along with all the other bits of PoP news we've been getting recently.

I'd love some more Sands of Time Prince. Even with some of the iffy design decisions I still loved all the games.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
The polish and technology of that slice is impressive, but I think the bombastic God of War/Uncharted style spectacle is really out of line with the franchise's identity to the extent it's a poor fit.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
The first AC released in 2007 and Prince of Persia came out a year later. This video is even older, then?
I mean there's a tweet from a Ubisoft worker stating it inspired AC3, so either you or your friend are probably just misremembering the details.

And it is a pre-rendered demo, is there a possibility that the video is older than you might think? Of course they could have used it for AC3 inspiration but no where in the tweet the dev states when it was made.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
wow that looked great.

I've definitely worked on a few fake gameplay videos for pitches, this totally seems like an internal gameplay concept video, I doubt they made more than this one video.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
And it is a pre-rendered demo, is there a possibility that the video is older than you might think? Of course they could have used it for AC3 inspiration but no where in the tweet the dev states when it was made.
if this was like 2007, dont you think itd be weird that nobody else at ubisoft for five years decided to do prerendered vertical slices? dont you think its a little unlikely ubisoft managed to predict an entire wave of games like uncharted but randomly didnt capitalize on it? or how it looks nothing like the other leaked footage from the pop game that became ac?