• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NIGHTMARE KBS

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
I dont know if you are asking in good faith, but for bloodwork the peak is reached within 150 minutes and it lasts over 6 hours. The half life is 35 hours and the concentration reaches a plateau for about 4 days after a single ingestion. After 4 days detectable levels in the blood have fallen to about 0.2 ng/ml from an initial dose of 20 ug.

A doping ingestion will usually be between 50 to 100 ug so the expected levels in your blood would be as high as 1 ng /ml. The Wada limit for the drug is 2 ng/ml, so you would not "pop" after 4 days but it would be detectable. The sensitivity of modern machines can be as high as 5 pg/ml, or one thousandth of the positive threshold.

We dont have the test results out in the open, but the lab is saying that Canelo tested positive for trace amounts of the drug. If he tested for amounts in the 10-100 pg/ml that would totally be in line with contamination. If he tests something like 1-1.5 ng/ml it would be hard to justify that as tainted meat.

The original results came back as 0.6-0.8 ng/ml and the second was 0.06-0.08ng/ml 3 days later, what are your thoughts on this?

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
It's also a distinctly Golden Boy problem. Of the three boxers I know of to get popped for Clen, all three are Golden Boy fighters (Morales, Vargas, Canelo). Just a weird coincidence given how many Mexican fighters are in the sport that haven't had this problem.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mayweather has been juicing, alongside every other boxer - 100%

Uwant to see what non juiced looks like? Conor mcgregor in the 10th round. Mayweather looking as fresh in the 10th as he did in the first - at 40 yrs old.

Corruption in boxing killed it for me

How Adelaide Byrd is still able to judge is beyond me

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uwant to see what non juiced looks like? Conor mcgregor in the 10th round. Mayweather looking as fresh in the 10th as he did in the first - at 40 yrs old.

Is this a serious post? The reason Conor McGregor looked gassed is MMA fighters are not asked to go 12 rounds in a row, let alone fighting in another sport entirely against one of the best fighters in the business that was known for his stamina and who had been consistently beating on McGregor for half the fight by round 10

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

This makes no sense. Juiced fighters gas all the time.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018

Or maybe Mcgregor just has shitty cardio.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

That's your evidence that someone is juicing?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original results came back as 0.6-0.8 ng/ml and the second was 0.06-0.08ng/ml 3 days later, what are your thoughts on this?

0.6-0.8 id below the doping threshold, so he should be clear. But he is going in front of the same comission that gave mayweather a retroactive exception for popping and was going to ban Nick Diaz for life for smoking weed. Nevada is incompetent and change the rules all the time depending on their desired outcome so who knows?

NIGHTMARE KBS

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
0.6-0.8 id below the doping threshold, so he should be clear. But he is going in front of the same comission that gave mayweather a retroactive exception for popping and was going to ban Nick Diaz for life for smoking weed. Nevada is incompetent and change the rules all the time depending on their desired outcome so who knows?
Are the numbers dropping like that after 3 days consistent with someone eating contaminated meat or does it really matter?

Also, Canelo went up in weight to fight GGG the first time so I don't know why he would be using Clen which helps drain weight prior to this one.

NIGHTMARE KBS

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 12, 2018

Mayweather is the one who called for more testing so I don't know why you would think he was juicing. He was using Lidocaine on his hands which is banned everywhere else but Nevada so he wasn't technically using PED's when he fought in Vegas.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are really telling me Mayweather doesn't juice. Cannelo doesn't juice. Jon Jones doesn't juice. ok

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No we were telling you that you weren't talking sense when trying to make up for McGregor's performance in a one sided carny attraction of a boxing match.

I'm telling you Mayweather juices, and mcgregor doesn't. It has nothing to do with nate crushing his cardio.

People ridiculing mcgregor after fight is reason why steroids are commonly accepted by many, as in this case here

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you Mayweather juices, and mcgregor doesn't

People ridiculing mcgregor after fight is reason why steroids are commonly accepted by many

And if you're using that as the reason why that fight turned out the way it did or how McGregor looked after the fact then you're talking out of your ass to make up for the fact McGregor didn't do the impossible and didn't look that great either way.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm telling you Mayweather juices, and mcgregor doesn't. It has nothing to do with nate crushing his cardio.

People ridiculing mcgregor after fight is reason why steroids are commonly accepted by many, as in this case here

Connor fought a professional boxer, who was a champion of said professional boxing. Steroids wouldn't have mattered much because he gassed out after the bell rang. He seems happy, has connor been saying drugs are the reason he didn't know how to box professionally...?

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the numbers dropping like that after 3 days consistent with someone eating contaminated meat or does it really matter?

Also, Canelo went up in weight to fight GGG the first time so I don't know why he would be using Clen which helps drain weight prior to this one.

Yes the numbers from the tests match the contaminated meat explanation perfectly. The alternative is that they caught canelo at the exact perfect time when his dosing cycle would show hos doping as coming from contaminated substances and he stopped taking just in case he was tested again.

Read this https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/3/...-steroids-ng-ml-ggg-vada-wada-ped-failed-test

In the 2008 olympica and in tournaments in Mexico, any value below 1.0 is not even looked at twice. Its just part of the noise

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Clenbuterol is classified a steroid, but it's not really a performance enhancer either. It's use to lose weight...is Canelo trying to size down for a different weight class? And it's low dose so could the contaminated food thing be a possibility? Would it even matter in training?

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The idocy of this athletic commission has no end.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Clenbuterol is classified a steroid, but it's not really a performance enhancer either. It's use to lose weight...is Canelo trying to size down for a different weight class? And it's low dose so could the contaminated food thing be a possibility? Would it even matter in training?

I believe it's also good for stamina, which Canelo has always had issues with.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking about seeing GGG kill someone in the ring what's Conor McGregor up to these days?

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You want to see a live death?
dead-body.png

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
GGG's team still wants to fight on 5/5. They could throw Derevianchenko in there against him. He's a mandatory for Gennady at the moment.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, GGG isn't getting any younger. Low key a negative for him ahead of what could have been the biggest fight of his career.

Oct 25, 2017
The PED fiend was caught after the drug testers paid him a surprise visit:

When Alvarez, 27, was administered a Feb. 17 drug test, it marked the first time he had given a urine sample in Mexico, and it was also the earliest time in any training camp that he had to cooperate with such testing after previously being subject to testing in the final two months before a bout.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a serious post? The reason Conor McGregor looked gassed is MMA fighters are not asked to go 12 rounds in a row, let alone fighting in another sport entirely against one of the best fighters in the business that was known for his stamina and who had been consistently beating on McGregor for half the fight by round 10
not to mention McGregor kept throwing haymakers at Mayweather.

Even the most conditioned boxers cant keep that shit up at the rate he was doing it. It was a dumb fight.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
He is obviously on gear and frankly, probably has been for most or all of his latest fights. This puts his career in a different light. I heard people claim he gained size after the Mayweather fight which is something that I might look into.

I've heard the same, that after being completely outclassed he decided that maybe it was the right time to juice.

Speculation, of course. I couldn't say for certain one way or the other if and when he made that choice.