• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely adore boxing. I watch virtually all relevant fights even though I oftentimes gotta stay up all night to see the clashes on US soil because of time zones. Still, it blows my mind how corrupt everyone in the game is. Sure, the sport ain't dying but it's been in decline and the lack of crediblity and the morbid corruption in boxing certainly contributed their part, you can't tell me otherwise. It seems like nothing fucking matters. Judges are crooked, organizations are crooked, fighters are crooked. You can be on gear, get busted and the fight might still be on because there's too much money involved.

Watch his opponent make excuses on Canelo's behalf (because Golovkin would miss out on a big paypday. I understand the frustration):

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-this-not-meat-problem-its-team-canelo-problem--126197

I'm honestly not even sure why I bother at this point. Drug testing in boxing is a joke. Everybody juices, which makes you wonder what the hell Canelo did to get busted lol. But worse than that is the lack of credibility and consistency. "b-b-but bad meat is a thing in Mexico!! b-b-b-but the amount of juice they found was negligible.". Come on, everyone.

The fight is not off yet. Not sure if that's gonna happen. I doubt it, but we'll see. Apparently, the Nevada Athletic Commission is not expected to call the fight off, because of the low dose of juice in Canelo's body. People who believe his story are delusional.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
It adds to the spectacle!

Seriously, I'm surprised that the results are made public.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do feather weight boxers juice? Why would they?
Why wouldn't they? Obviously, they wouldn't opt for gear that makes them bulk up. Canelo was busted for a substance that helps him lose weight I think?

Oftentimes it's used to speed up recovery. I recall Shane Mosley (not featherweight, but still relatively light at 140-147 lbs) getting caught for taking EPO, which he probably took for his endurance issues.

scotdar

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Does he have any history of juicing? There is a scientific explanation for how this got into his system at this level.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I see a lot of people try and claim that contaminated meat could cause this. Yea okay bruh.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say one thing for canelo... he did use a legit excuse. I'm reminded of the emails that the nfl sends out to teams playing in Mexico every year. They say to stay away from the meat in the area because it could be contaminated with things that could lead to you getting a positive test. In fact I believe it even happened to Dwayne brown of the Texans iirc.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What farm is using clenbuteral to treat their chickens or cattle? That was a bullshit ass excuse then and now.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I see a lot of people try and claim that contaminated meat could cause this. Yea okay bruh.

As someone stated above, this is apparently an issue in Mexico, due to the hormones used on livestock.

I don't know if that's the case here, and I DEFINITELY think they need to postpone the fight, but it's a common enough situation that they should be very careful during the review and punishment phase.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a convenient excuse. Especially if you claim to know that Mexico has a long-standing problem with contaminated food products. So why are you letting your fighter eat it in the first place?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It has been recorded as actual occurrences around the world but even in China they cracked down. If they make that claim, then Wada need to explain how high the levels were and how much contaminated meat you would need to take. it's like someone claiming steroids were in their system because of rash or psoriasis cream. Yea, that's technically a steroid but how much cream would you need to be applying for those levels to be detected in your urine or bloodstream? Of course, they never go into details because at the end of the day it profits no one and I don't think taking a stimulant is going to make a bad boxer a great or even good one. Don't defend him though if he's taking a banned substance. He's going to make 20 million on this fight

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Parts per TRILLION detected in the test. This test is only a few years old, and there is no evidence that the threshold at which it detects the drug there is performance enhancing benefits. Its like if you were taking a drop of steroids every week with your Sunday brunch. Would give you no performance benefit but would appear on tests.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GGG got robbed of the first fight so I hope he settles the score with this cheater.

Buran

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is almost impossible to get a positive in that way. Cattle need less clen than humans x bodyweight to increase their mass, so the dosage is lower, and most of PEDs can't survive or gastric acid (and the ones which can are usually more toxic to our liver, the reason why so many PEDs are injected), so the chances of testing positive due eating contaminated meat could only be significative if your weekly diet is like the daily boar consumption from Obelix.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This happened to Alberto Contador, too. He took a 2 year ban and lost his Tour de France and Giro D'Italia wins.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Parts per TRILLION detected in the test. This test is only a few years old, and there is no evidence that the threshold at which it detects the drug there is performance enhancing benefits. Its like if you were taking a drop of steroids every week with your Sunday brunch. Would give you no performance benefit but would appear on tests.

How long does that particular substance stay in your body and how often is he tested?

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
Do you believe every athlete that comes up with these excuses?
From October 17, 2011

A majority of the players tested at the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico had traces of clenbuterol in their bodies because they ate contaminated meat, FIFA said Monday.

Tests in Germany after the tournament revealed players from 19 of the 24 teams had adverse findings of the banned anabolic agent in 109 of 208 urine samples.
http://www.espn.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7115036/clenbuterol-found-most-players-17-world-cup

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long does that particular substance stay in your body and how often is he tested?

I dont know if you are asking in good faith, but for bloodwork the peak is reached within 150 minutes and it lasts over 6 hours. The half life is 35 hours and the concentration reaches a plateau for about 4 days after a single ingestion. After 4 days detectable levels in the blood have fallen to about 0.2 ng/ml from an initial dose of 20 ug.

A doping ingestion will usually be between 50 to 100 ug so the expected levels in your blood would be as high as 1 ng /ml. The Wada limit for the drug is 2 ng/ml, so you would not "pop" after 4 days but it would be detectable. The sensitivity of modern machines can be as high as 5 pg/ml, or one thousandth of the positive threshold.

We dont have the test results out in the open, but the lab is saying that Canelo tested positive for trace amounts of the drug. If he tested for amounts in the 10-100 pg/ml that would totally be in line with contamination. If he tests something like 1-1.5 ng/ml it would be hard to justify that as tainted meat.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I dont know if you are asking in good faith, but for bloodwork the peak is reached within 150 minutes and it lasts over 6 hours. The half life is 35 hours and the concentration reaches a plateau for about 4 days after a single ingestion. After 4 days detectable levels in the blood have fallen to about 0.2 ng/ml from an initial dose of 20 ug.

A doping ingestion will usually be between 50 to 100 ug so the expected levels in your blood would be as high as 1 ng /ml. The Wada limit for the drug is 2 ng/ml, so you would not "pop" after 4 days but it would be detectable. The sensitivity of modern machines can be as high as 5 pg/ml, or one thousandth of the positive threshold.

We dont have the test results out in the open, but the lab is saying that Canelo tested positive for trace amounts of the drug. If he tested for amounts in the 10-100 pg/ml that would totally be in line with contamination. If he tests something like 1-1.5 ng/ml it would be hard to justify that as tainted meat.

Yea, assuming he was tested for the same thing 4 days prior that would tell us that. That would also give us a good idea of where he ate the contaminated meat.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, assuming he was tested for the same thing 4 days prior that would tell us that. That would also give us a good idea of where he ate the contaminated meat.

I will be straight up with you. You have clearly no idea how any of this works. Not worth having a discussion.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If they were going to cover it up or brush it under the rug, why make it public in the first place?

idk... I'd say who cares if it was a low dosage in line with other athletes who tested positive for the same thing?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a convenient excuse. Especially if you claim to know that Mexico has a long-standing problem with contaminated food products. So why are you letting your fighter eat it in the first place?

You know he is mexican, right? what do you want, for him to import food from out of the country?

Edit: not saying i buy 100% on the excuse, only that the notion that "if mexican food contains it, don't let him eat in mexico" is ridiculous when it's the fucking country the man lives in.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017

You know he is mexican, right? what do you want, for him to import food from out of the country?

Edit: not saying i buy 100% on the excuse, only that the notion that "if mexican food contains it, don't let him eat in mexico" is ridiculous when it's the fucking country the man lives in.

Importing food or moving his training location is crazy talk when you're in camp for one of the biggest prize fights he's ever had? Fighters do this shit on the regular. We're talking about a fight with an eight figure paycheck. You can afford to fucking be sure you aren't letting your fighter eat contaminated meat, surely? Especially if you claim to already know it's a problem in the place you are having him train.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thought there were new developments. This happened about a week ago. Canelo haters came out of the woodwork to try and paint him as a cheat. Nevermind that the levels are not consistent with users of the stuff or that he was in Mexico eating meat.. and that the levels are consistant with that. Not to mention he's had ~50 professional bouts and it's never been an issue. Lastly, that he has no problem making 150 (which is not a real weight class but that's an entirely different matter) and the fight is at a higher weight, and Clenbuterol is used to cut weight. Something he is not going for as he's fighting the naturally bigger man.

Then the haters bring up Abel Sánchez claiming Canelo's wraps were illegal, which the NSGC pointed out have been legal for decades. Man I dislike Angel, so bitchmade. I like Gennady though.

Anyway, hope the fight is as good as, if not better than, the first.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i'm a casual fan of triple g so this is great!
if ggg loses he'll have a good excuse :P
in my eye ggg won the 1st match and that was it

Psykodoughboy

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
This happened to some NFL player while they played in Mexico. The NFL understood this is an actual issue, so they reversed the suspension.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Importing food or moving his training location is crazy talk when you're in camp for one of the biggest prize fights he's ever had? Fighters do this shit on the regular. We're talking about a fight with an eight figure paycheck. You can afford to fucking be sure you aren't letting your fighter eat contaminated meat, surely? Especially if you claim to already know it's a problem in the place you are having him train.

Do you know who's our president right now right? And is probably difficult to get a work visa now too

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Well that would suck as it would have been one of the best fights of the year. Still if he is doping that ain't cool.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Oscar's check didn't clear. While I think the contaminated meat is certainly plausible, it's ultimately up to the fighter to be responsible for what goes in their body. Canelo and their team need to get their shit together.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Hasn't he been training in Colorado?

Not that I think the tainted meat excuse is bogus (I think Erik Morales might have been dinged for the same, not sure) but you'd think high profile fighters would be aware of this and be able to avoid it easily. Now there's going to be an asterisk in the minds of most people whether Canelo wins or loses against GGG.