• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I just got in on the 5mos subscription for $7 deal.

I downloaded the app but every time I go to sign in to the app either nothing happens or I get a big blank grey window.

Anyone else have this problem, and how did they resolve it?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Had the problem when starting a game. They was always an error. I solved it by sign off and delete my account, then re-sign in: Start button > Settings > Accounts > remove Microsoft account.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Yup. Tried all that stuff. Uninstall, reinstall, create another account, etc, no go.

I can't even log in to my Xbox Live account through the game bar, a little grey screen pops up and closes, nothing happens.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yup. Tried all that stuff. Uninstall, reinstall, create another account, etc, no go.

I can't even log in to my Xbox Live account through the game bar, a little grey screen pops up and closes, nothing happens.

Looks like it might be an account issue.

Did you try using the Xbox Consle Companion app? If that lets you log in, it should have your account on system so you can then open the Xbox Beta app and you should be signed in.

Hedera

Oct 25, 2017
Try login in the Xbox Console Companion. This was what worked for me when I also couldn't log in. This app was already installed on my laptop.

sebulba

Dec 6, 2018
When this happened to me recently, I was able to fix it by restarting the Xbox Live services in Windows. Try checking the Windows Services Manager (Start > Run > services.msc) and make sure that Xbox Live Auth Manager and Xbox Live Networking Service are running.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Nothing that I've tried works.

Now I can't even re-install it off the Windows Store, I get an unknown error.

Don't really want to reinstall Win10 just for this.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What update(Win10 version) are you on ?
Whatever the latest version is. Believe me, everything on my setup is up to date, drivers, etc. I cleared the store cache, reset the store, logged out, changed accounts, etc. Nothing works at this point. Spent >2hrs with it, ready to give up.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Whatever the latest version is. Believe me, everything on my setup is up to date, drivers, etc. I cleared the store cache, reset the store, logged out, changed accounts, etc. Nothing works at this point. Spent >2hrs with it, ready to give up.

Oh, trust me, I feel ya. I just had to ask though because it's odd. Originally for me, the Xbox beta App didn't let me sign in and gave me similar issues. However, I wasn't on the latest update and couldn't get that update unless I used the Update Tool from Microsoft.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Oh, trust me, I feel ya. I just had to ask though because it's odd. Originally for me, the Xbox beta App didn't let me sign in and gave me similar issues. However, I wasn't on the latest update and couldn't get that update unless I used the Update Tool from Microsoft.
I guess reinstalling Win10 is my last shot. If that doesn't work I'll ask for a refund.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
You reinstalled the Xbox Identity Provider right?

If that doesn't work you can do a Win10 "refresh". It won't touch any of your files or apps but will just reinstall the OS. It's the least disruptive way of fixing this.

Oh, and don't run any of those "optimization" or "privacy" scripts. They tend to break various functions in Windows, including Xbox support.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
You reinstalled the Xbox Identity Provider right?

If that doesn't work you can do a Win10 "refresh". It won't touch any of your files or apps but will just reinstall the OS. It's the least disruptive way of fixing this.

Oh, and don't run any of those "optimization" or "privacy" scripts. They tend to break various functions in Windows, including Xbox support.
Yup, ran identity provider. I can try doing a Win10 refresh I guess.

Don't have high hopes getting it to work now.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I can't connect when a VPN is active. Do you have one?
I have one but not active. I just uninstalled, no difference.

Nevermind, I found the problem. XBox Accessory Management Service was disabled in services. That'll do it. lol

Only took 4hrs to figure it out.

Last edited: