• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
From their newly released annual report , Capcom said that their aim is to release approximately 3 Major titles annually

CapcomannualP24-2.png

They also said that the plan for the new releases overall ( not only major ) are " New Releases/Dormant IP/Remakes"

CapcomannualP17.png

They also released this graph that is looking interesting to me
NSVv8mw.jpg

they showcase that strategy in that pic here by Classifying DMCV in New Releases/Stable releases of Core IPs and Remake2 as Utilizing Past titles/Remakes and MM11 as reawakening Dormant IPs

Of course That doesn't mean that every year they would reveal games representing all the 3 categories at the same year but it was an interesting showcase of their strategy

So Which games u think in the future will represent the 3 categories ? and what do you expect for the 3 Major titles in the future ?

Edit : Just a reminder :

3 Major releases =/= 1 Major New release + 1 major dormant IP + 1 Major Remake , it could still be for example 3 new releases or mix of two of the three

Also the " New release/Remake/Dormant IP " strategy applies to all releases of the year and not only the 3 major titles

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Release: Resident Evil 8
Dormant IP: brand new Onimusha game
Remake: (Throwing a wild guess here, it could be anything) Mega Man Legends 3

But I have a gut feeling we'll get RE8 and Onimusha at E3 next year. When it's all said and done, their next three projects will likely be a new Capcom fighting game (new release), Dino Crisis reboot (dormant IP) and Resident Evil 3 (remake).

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
So any chance of The Great Ace Attorney being localized?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Huh I didn't know MM11 was aimed at parents.

Thanks Capcom now I feel old.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, for the next Fiscal Year:

Remake = Resident Evil 3 Remake
Dormant IP = Viewtiful Joe
New game = Monster Hunter Portable

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Next FY:

-New release: Ace Attorney 7
-Dormant IP: Onimusha
-Remake: Marvel vs Capcom:Infinite

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
REmake2
DMC5
AA7
Onimusha HD

RE8
Darkstalkers
Onimusha
Megaman Legends 3

REmake3
MHW2
Viewtiful Joe
Dino Crisis

Hope they'll also give Okami, Breath of Fire new chances as well.

Hopefully they also get to churn out some new IPs too.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder :

3 Major releases =/= 1 Major New release + 1 major dormant IP + 1 Major Remake , it could still be for example 3 new releases or mix of two of the three

the " New release/Remake/Dormant IP " strategy applies to all releases of the year and not only the 3 major titles

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Was MvC ever considered a major title?
Can this just be transformed into a Capcom Allstars so we can finally get another 3v3 game?
Raising hopes for no reason

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Would be nice if this means they'll release a traditional Breath of Fire game along the lines of 3 and 4, on actual consoles and not mobile. Breath of Fire is likely super niche these days though, so I won't get my hopes up but... A new, traditional Breath of Fire game would definitely get me hyped.

Oct 29, 2017
Onimusha is definitely next on the list of dormant IPs, especially with games like the Souls series, NiOh and Ghost of Tsushima paving the way.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
"Extend sales of catalog titles with rereleases for current-generation hardware"

Ehhhhh.... that's what shareholders like to hear, but gamers do not. We're not stupid. That said, they didn't make dark blue grow too insanely much so we don't have to worry that too much focus is on leeching money from consumers. In fact, more color is on light blue (new titles and use of dormant IPs), so that's a good sign. It looks like a graph doing it's best to please shareholders as much as possible while still wanting to do what's most fun for them (working on the same stuff year after year is not fun).

I bet EA graphs look quite a lot different.

Now give me Phoenix Wright!

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so is mega man the dormant ip or is it devil may cry.
Mega Man, the last classic Mega Man game came out 8 years ago, while the last Devil May Cry installment came out 5 years ago, with a rerelease of DMC4 with newer playable characters coming out 3 years ago.

I'd wager that franchises like Dino Crisis, Onimusha and probably some of the Mega Man subseries (X, Battle Network and Legends) classify as dormant IPs that they might be interested in revisiting.

Oct 31, 2017
I really want a remake of ghouls n ghosts/ghosts n goblins possibly even in VR.
Just imagine ghouls n ghosts the way Sony Japan made Astro bot.DAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.