• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

With the news of a new head in operation for Capcom's division 2 (fighting staff division) in the recent promotions, and the now ending of Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite project, I am curious where Capcom would go from here.

The idea of a Capcom roster fighting game sounds ideal and ripe because of the vast fighters and how there's already a lost of existing characters made within this genre (marvel vs capcom series for example) and how much of an easier project it will be as they will have full control.

I think the time to give this a shot is perfect and would love to see a game like this in fruition.

What are people's hopes and ideas if there was such a hypothetical game made? How would you like the game to play, etc?

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
If we got SFV artstyle with a faster gameplay like MVC, it would be awesome.

Captain Commando, Nillin, Asura, Demitri, Morrigan, Karin, Strider, Megaman, Ada, tons of great characters to see.

Although I'd really like to see a new Capcom VS SNK game much more desperately.

Oct 25, 2017
If they went with the 2D fighting style like MVC , then They already have the foundation for their major characters movesets wise and design wise , So It won't be a heavy load project for them and I hope they consider it

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
If they ever made a Capcom All-Stars, I'd want it to be visually similar to TvC. Put it on all major systems, crossplay.

My dream roster would be like:
Ryu
Chun Li
Alex
Akuma
Morrigan
Felicia
Sasquatch
Mega Man
Tron Bonne
Zero
Albert Wesker
Leon Kennedy
Nathan 'Rad' Spencer
Phoenix Wright
Sissel
Gene
Strider Hiryu
Frank West
Kyosuke (RS)
Monster Hunter
Dante
Vergil
Captain Commando
Nina
Amaterasu
Arthur
Firebrand
Regina
Amingo
Ruby Heart
Mike Haggar

fuck capcom has good characters

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Just gonna copy my post from my old thread:

Street Fighter
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma
  • Potential SFV rep, possibly Rashid?
Street Fighter could probably give more characters, but I think that would be a good base. I think Rashid would be a good fit for a VS game. He's definitely zany enough.

Resident Evil
  • Chris
  • Jill (MvC3 version)
  • Wesker
  • Nemesis
I'm drawing a blank on who would be a new RE rep. Leon wouldn't be that much different from Chris, and Jake would just be a Wesker clone. Unless, they want to add one of the Bakers...

Devil May Cry
  • Dante
  • Vergil
  • Trish
  • Nero
I think Nero would be a great fit and I am completely surprised that he wasn't in Infinite. Lady would be a pretty good fit too.

Mega Man
  • Mega Man (Classic or X)
  • Zero (X or MMZ)
  • Bass EXE
  • Tron Bonne
I would prefer to take one character from each series so that more Mega Man series' would be represented. Mega Man isn't big enough for more than 4 characters so this would be the most likely roster. Bass EXE would be such a badass inclusion that I'm surprised that he wasn't even in MvC3. If a 5th rep from the franchise were included, I would like Vent/Aile from the ZX series. They would cycle through the Model H, F, L and P Biometals and would have a very interesting moveset.

Darkstalkers
  • Morrigan
  • Felicia
  • Jedah
Not that big on Darkstalkers so I just listed popular characters. Maybe Demitri too?

Vs.
  • Ruby Heart
  • Amingo
Might as well bring them back since they're never used anywhere else. Though Amingo's trash so maybe just Ruby.

Final Fight
  • Mike Haggar
  • Cody
I just listed Cody because I think Final Fight could use one more rep. I think Maki would be a great addition too.

Cyberbots
  • Jin
Strider
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Strider Hien
I know asking for a second rep from this series is probably too much but Hien is too awesome to ignore.

Breath of Fire
  • Ryu
Never played a game in the series, so I really can't think of anymore reps. Feel free to add more.

Gaist Crusher

• Rekka Shirogane
  • Shiren Quartzheart
This series is niche as fuck, but the characters were made for a fighting game, so they're hard to ignore.

Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Arthur
  • Firebrand
I think this is a fine enough representation for the series. Maybe add Maximo too but I don't think he would be that much different from Arthur.

Dragon's Dogma
  • The Arisen
Their moveset would be a variety of the classes found in the game.

Monster Hunter
  • Monster Hunter
Not sure what else they could do with this series besides shrink a monster to make them playable. If they did that than Rathalos would be the obvious choice.

Onimusha
  • Samanosuke
I still don't understand why this franchise has been continuously ignored. It's certainly popular enough to earn a versus rep.

God Hand
  • Gene
This guy should've been in MvC3 for God's sake.

Asura's Wrath
  • Asura
This guy should've been in Infinite for God's sake. Though I would also like Yasha to be in too, I think just Asura is fine.

Dead Rising
  • Frank West
  • Chuck Greene
They can base Frank off his DR4 abilities and give Chuck Frank's old moveset.

Commando
  • Captain Commando
Star Gladiator
  • Hayate
Ace Attorney
  • Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
  • Viewtiful Joe
The series isn't that popular so just one rep is fine. Alastor or Jet Black would be awesome though.

Okami
  • Amaterasu
Just Ammy is fine. Chibiterasu would be too similar. If this series actually got one more rep then maybe Waka or Ninetails.

Dino Crisis
  • Regina
Here you go, Jawmuncher. I think Regina could have a moveset based off of Jill's MvC2 moveset but with Dinos instead of zombies, which is why I elected to list RE5 Jill for the RE list.

Rival Schools
  • Batsu
Bionic Commando
  • Spencer
Sengoku Basara
  • Date Masamune
Power Stone
  • Edward Falcon
SonSon
  • SonSon
Ghost Trick
  • Sissel w/ Missile
I can't really explain how this can work without Ghost Trick spoilers so..
You technically won't be controlling Sissel, but actually Yomiel. You would have Cat Sissel and Missile fighting alongside you. Sissel would be controlling many projectiles almost like Rocket Raccon. Maybe even control the opponents projectiles and send it back to them. And Missile would be able to fight dirty and swap health/hyper bars. Yomiel himself can posses the opponent and cause them to hit themselves.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
36+ base roster
1 Free alt costume for every character
No Fight Money system
No typical shitty Capcom DLC practices

Roster the least of the issues.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love it to play like Smash (ring out, directional inputs) and have ample representation from Mega Man and Darkstalkers.

Zero, Vile, Protoman, Bass, Morrigan, Hsien-Ko.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Street Fighter
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma
Street Fighter could probably give more characters, but I think that would be a good base. I think Rashid would be a good fit for a VS game. He's definitely zany enough.

Resident Evil
  • Chris
  • Jill (MvC3 version)
  • Wesker
  • Nemesis
I'm drawing a blank on who would be a new RE rep. Leon wouldn't be that much different from Chris, and Jake would just be a Wesker clone. Unless, they want to add one of the Bakers...

Devil May Cry
  • Dante
  • Vergil
  • Trish
  • Nero
I think Nero would be a great fit and I am completely surprised that he wasn't in Infinite. Lady would be a pretty good fit too.

Mega Man
  • Zero (X or MMZ)
  • Bass EXE
  • Tron Bonne
I would prefer to take one character from each series so that more Mega Man series' would be represented. Mega Man isn't big enough for more than 4 characters so this would be the most likely roster. Bass EXE would be such a badass inclusion that I'm surprised that he wasn't even in MvC3. If a 5th rep from the franchise were included, I would like Vent/Aile from the ZX series. They would cycle through the Model H, F, L and P Biometals and would have a very interesting moveset.

Darkstalkers
  • Morrigan
  • Felicia
  • Jedah
Not that big on Darkstalkers so I just listed popular characters. Maybe Demitri too?

Vs.
  • Ruby Heart
  • Amingo
Might as well bring them back since they're never used anywhere else. Though Amingo's trash so maybe just Ruby.

Final Fight
  • Mike Haggar
  • Cody
I just listed Cody because I think Final Fight could use one more rep. I think Maki would be a great addition too.

Cyberbots
  • Jin
Strider
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Strider Hien
I know asking for a second rep from this series is probably too much but Hien is too awesome to ignore.

Breath of Fire
  • Ryu
Never played a game in the series, so I really can't think of anymore reps. Feel free to add more.

Gaist Crusher

• Rekka Shirogane
  • Shiren Quartzheart
This series is niche as fuck, but the characters were made for a fighting game, so they're hard to ignore.

Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Arthur
  • Firebrand
I think this is a fine enough representation for the series. Maybe add Maximo too but I don't think he would be that much different from Arthur.

Dragon's Dogma
  • The Arisen

Monster Hunter
  • Monster Hunter
Not sure what else they could do with this series besides shrink a monster to make them playable. If they did that than Rathalos would be the obvious choice.

Onimusha
  • Samanosuke
I still don't understand why this franchise has been continuously ignored. It's certainly popular enough to earn a versus rep.

God Hand
  • Gene

Asura's Wrath
  • Asura
This guy should've been in Infinite for God's sake. Though I would also like Yasha to be in too, I think just Asura is fine.

Dead Rising
  • Frank West
  • Chuck Greene

Commando
  • Captain Commando
Star Gladiator
  • Hayate
Ace Attorney
  • Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
  • Viewtiful Joe
The series isn't that popular so just one rep is fine. Alastor or Jet Black would be awesome though.

Okami
  • Amaterasu
Just Ammy is fine. Chibiterasu would be too similar. If this series actually got one more rep then maybe Waka or Ninetails.

Dino Crisis
  • Regina
Here you go, Jawmuncher. I think Regina could have a moveset based off of Jill's MvC2 moveset but with Dinos instead of zombies, which is why I elected to list RE5 Jill for the RE list.

Rival Schools
  • Batsu
Bionic Commando
  • Spencer
Sengoku Basara
  • Date Masamune
Power Stone
  • Edward Falcon
SonSon
  • SonSon
Ghost Trick
  • Sissel w/ Missile
You technically won't be controlling Sissel, but actually Yomiel. You would have Cat Sissel and Missile fighting alongside you. Sissel would be controlling many projectiles almost like Rocket Raccon. Maybe even control the opponents projectiles and send it back to them. And Missile would be able to fight dirty and swap health/hyper bars. Yomiel himself can posses the opponent and cause them to hit themselves.

Dear lord, you went all out with this list. Awesome stuff.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
At least 30+ characters. Combo system similar to any of the MVC games (2V2, 3V3, either assist or switch mechanics, delayed hyper combo, etc). Preferible anime aesthetics, animated style, nothing similar to street fighter. As color-full as possible. Put, at least, high requested not included characters from previous .vs series, those being:

Leon S. Kennedy
Asura
Dimitri
Gill
Fou-Lu
Gene

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
As long as they call it Capcom Vs Capcom not Capcom All-Stars.

If it played like classic MvC1/2 I'd be there Day One.

I'd even be happy with them inventing new characters to replace Wolverine etc.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dante
Vergil
Nero
Lady
Trish
Gene
Leon
Chris
Ada
Jill
Claire
Wesker
Ken
Ryu
Chun-li
Regina
Morrigan
Felicia
Mega Man
Date Masamune
Amaterasu
Tron Bonne
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Maya Fey
Strider Hiryu

For starters...

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just expand upon umvc3. 3v3 with multiple assists per character. I've written out a roster before but I'll just say do it right. You need a good mix of fan favorites and really weird picks. That's what Infinite was missing. Art style again I'd like to expand upon the marvel 3 look. Game is underrated in terms of visuals I think.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
SlushyDaringHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

There was a time when I was so hyped at the possibility of Asura being in MvC:I. Now I wouldn't want to see his debut wasted in that game. In a hypothetical Capcom Fighters, I would hope he'd be a shoe-in.

Also, needs to have this as his stage theme.

kappa_krey

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
What's the point in wishing? They aren't gonna do it.

They're putting all their eggs in SFV now more or less, with lip service paid to MvCI. With the glut of recent fighters like DBFZ out taking up presence and upcoming games like SC6, Fighting EX Layer, and the next Smash, I just find it hard for Capcom to compete efficiently for another 2 years or so splitting between SFV and a supposed All-Star game, unless if by that point they're wrapping up SFV as a whole, which I doubt (they kept up w/ USFIV up until SFV's release for example).

If by some chance they can make it happen, though, take the CvS2 approach but w/ Grooves focused more on Capcom IPs's signature game mechanics, and something of an even more fleshed out World Tour mode. That'd be a decent start.

Street Fighter
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma

Resident Evil
  • Chris
  • Jill (MvC3 version)
  • Wesker
  • Nemesis

Devil May Cry
  • Dante
  • Vergil
  • Trish
  • Nero

Mega Man
  • Zero (X or MMZ)
  • Bass EXE
  • Tron Bonne

Darkstalkers
  • Morrigan
  • Felicia
  • Jedah

Vs.
  • Ruby Heart
  • Amingo

Final Fight
  • Mike Haggar
  • Cody

Cyberbots
  • Jin
Strider
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Strider Hien

Breath of Fire
  • Ryu

Gaist Crusher

• Rekka Shirogane
  • Shiren Quartzheart

Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Arthur
  • Firebrand

Dragon's Dogma
  • The Arisen

Monster Hunter
  • Monster Hunter

Onimusha
  • Samanosuke

God Hand
  • Gene

Asura's Wrath
  • Asura

Dead Rising
  • Frank West
  • Chuck Greene

Commando
  • Captain Commando
Star Gladiator
  • Hayate
Ace Attorney
  • Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
  • Viewtiful Joe

Okami
  • Amaterasu

Dino Crisis
  • Regina

Rival Schools
  • Batsu
Bionic Commando
  • Spencer
Sengoku Basara
  • Date Masamune
Power Stone
  • Edward Falcon
SonSon
  • SonSon
Ghost Trick
  • Sissel w/ Missile

How the hell do you leave out Saturday Night Slam Masters and Battle Circuit? And only one Rival Schools char? Not even Tiffany, at that?

Like...what? xD

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
This thread is a good reminder of how many great IPs Capcom has abandoned, with Marvel vs Capcom seemingly joining the club.

While Capcom could produce a new fighting game with just their own IPs, a new Capcom vs SNK would be nice.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Quality overall product. Don't skimp on modes, don't skimp on stages, music or too many characters.

Give us consistent visual quality. One artist for one thing and another for something else is jarring and messy. Don't use UDON's hench house style and don't use Bengus if he's just gonna do whatever SFV had. The stuff MvCI had was super dope but then the game itself looked ass. Be consistent.

SFVAE is what it needs to launch as, personally.

As for characters, man there are so many obvious choices and so many others they can pick from. Gimme Gene and Asura finally.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like it if some of Capcom's older niche fighting games got in, and if so, that they aren't necessarily represented by their main characters in order to foster some more variety. Like say instead of Batsu from Rival Schools, its Akira or Shoma. Instead of Eagle from Power Stone, its Rogue or Jack. Blistein or June from Star Gladiator, Blade or Tessa from Warzards, Devilotte or Shade from Cyberbots, Victor Ortega from Slammasters, Pretty much any Darkstalker would be good, especially the ones you don't see much. There's a bunch of interesting characters and bosses from the beat-em-ups too. I guess my personally number 1 character I'd like to see if it were a hyper fighter would be Bass.EXE, but pretty much any Net Navi would make a great fighter. Heck, robot masters (such as Crash Man) would be great too.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
MvC3 in terms of gameplay and art with better balance (UMvC3 Dante would be around my desired character strength) and weaken incoming mix-ups and tone down x-factor a bit. That would be my ideal fighting game.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
As long as it has 4 buttons play rather than 6, whatever else works! If it's 2D style that is, if they make it like Power Stone then yeah, like that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going against the grain but I'd like it to be 2v2 and play like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

In terms of characters, port over X, Sigma, Jedah and Monster Hunter, and add in Nina, Asura, Regina, Leon, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Lady, Captain Commando, and Rashid.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Umm can I just have another fighting game with Ingrid? Or forget about Ingrid herself, just her fighting-style would be enough, weirdly enough that clicked very fast with me.

Dec 3, 2017
It's time for Capcom to admit that bare bones fighting games aren't enough in 2018+. How about a game with actual features? They need to take a page from Namco and Midway and do crazy stuff like a beat 'em up mode where you can play a beat 'em up with the characters from the main versus game. It needs SOMETHING to appeal to ordinary gamers instead of just e-sports trash.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I will literally be satisfied with them porting every character from TvC, MvC3, and MvCi.

And, bring back SonSon III, please!

Oct 25, 2017
canada
3D character models like SFV

DLC plan like SFV. So costumes etc

Good starting roster of say 24 and then build on it through seasons

Thats all theyd have to do to get me, someone who has never played mahvel, to buy it

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They'd probably call it Capcom Fighting Evolution 2 or Capcom Fighting Evolution (insert random word). Or maybe they'd simply call it Capcom Fighting Evolution and hope that absolutely no one remembered the first game.
Since "Capcom Fighting All-Stars" was cancelled, they should just use that name again.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
2.5D
Gameplay speed is between Tatsunoko and MvC: I
Full set of modes day 1
Consistent art design. Doesn't look cheap either. Full of love for the characters and franchises and excitement about it happening at all.

Roster:

Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, Juri, Menat, Ingrid (Street Fighter)
Morrigan, Felicia, Jedah (Darkstalkers)
Batsu, Akira (Rival Schools)
Edward Falcon, Rouge (Power Stone)
Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)
Hayato, June Williams (Star Gladiator)
Mike Haggar, Maki (Final Fight)
Tessa (Red Earth)
Leon, Jill, Ada, Nemesis, Wesker (Resident Evil)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Soki (Onimusha)
Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish, Lady (Devil May Cry)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
MMX, Tron Bonne, Zero, Sigma (Mega Man)
Arthur (Ghouls and Ghosts)
Firebrand (Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest)
Strider (Strider)
Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
Nathan Spencer (Bionic Commando)
Masamune Date, Kasuga (Sengoku Basara)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Asura (Asura's Wrath)
Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Gene (God Hand)
Ryu, Nina, Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Sissel (Ghost Trick)
Ruby Heart (Marvel vs. Capcom)
Sonson (Sonson)
Pink Ostrich (Battle Circuit)
Princess Tiara (Gaia Master)
Saki (Quiz Nanairo Dreams)
Fiona (Haunting Ground)
Simone (Cannon Spike)

60 chars. Solid diversity of franchises.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Although I'd really like to see a new Capcom VS SNK game much more desperately.

You can forget about that happening, ever.

1.) Capcom had destroyed their relationship with SNK a long time ago, &

2.) Capcom is no longer the same company that they used to be from '84 to 2011 (not to mention that their fighting game studio is now in shambles). It's now a shell of it's former self.

It might be best for SNK to team up with someone else like Arc System Works instead.