• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
www.relyonhorror.com

Resident Evil 8 Village: 2-Hour Presentation Announced (Updated) - Rely on Horror

Capcom has just announced that their presentation of Resident Evil 8 Village at the 2020 Tokyo Game Show will be 2 hours long.

re9tgs-1024x538.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 hours? Jeez, you can clear RE3make and still have time left over

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Is the title Resident Evil 8 : VII.I.age or Resident Evil Village?

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I literally just completed RE7 for the first time this evening. Can't wait to see more about 8!

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 hours? Jeez, you can clear RE3make and still have time left over
Yes, and re0,1,remake,2,2 remake,3,4,5, and 7. They're all not that long when speedrunning.

And 2 hours seems like a lot, I really hope this is the title that brings back more single player extra modes like mercenaries.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't be two hours of footage, by the way.

The first half of the presentation will reportedly be focused on an introduction to the game. According to gamefront.de, the development team, including producers Peter Fabiano and Tsuyoshi Kanda, are expected to tell us all about the next-gen title in detail, in addition to talking about the Resident Evil series in general.

The presentation's second half is supposed to include a forum for discussion. One of the guests for this will be Japanese comedian Hidetaka Kano.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and re0,1,remake,2,2 remake,3,4,5, and 7. They're all not that long when speedrunning.

And 2 hours seems like a lot, I really hope this is the title that brings back more single player extra modes like mercenaries.
See also: every other mainline RE title except 6.
I feel like you're more likely to clear RE3make in that time over the others just because of the control scheme and quality of life features alone. Sure you can make good time in RE1 right up until you fail to turn a corner fast enough and a Hunter takes your head off. The games aren't particularly long but they make up for that in difficulty spent fighting enemies while also fighting the camera and controls unless you're insanely used to it. I watched someone who can clear classic RE2 in no time at all get bodied over and over in classic RE3

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone worried about length, I've heard its the longest RE Engine Resident Evil game, it'll be a bit longer than RE7. I specifically was told it'd be a "couple hours" longer than RE7, but play time is so subjective just the more accurate thing to say is it'll be a bit longer than RE7.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I feel like you're more likely to clear RE3make in that time over the others just because of the control scheme and quality of life features alone. Sure you can make good time in RE1 right up until you fail to turn a corner fast enough and a Hunter takes your head off. The games aren't particularly long but they make up for that in difficulty spent fighting enemies while also fighting the camera and controls unless you're insanely used to it. I watched someone who can clear classic RE2 in no time at all get bodied over and over in classic RE3

Although the controls would save you some time, the difference rest elsewhere. You can finish classic RE1-3 and the REmake 1 and 2 in under 2 hours. That's true enough. But it takes planning. It takes knowledge of puzzles and paths and enemies. You can't just brute force it. In REmake 3 you can, because the RE formula is barely there. You get a key and open a door and that's it. To finish it quickly all you have to do is run fast.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X, wonder which will be used for the demo. Either way I'm excited to see more.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Although the controls would save you some time, the difference rest elsewhere. You can finish classic RE1-3 and the REmake 1 and 2 in under 2 hours. That's true enough. But it takes planning. It takes knowledge of puzzles and paths and enemies. You can't just brute force it. In REmake 3 you can, because the RE formula is barely there. You get a key and open a door and that's it. To finish it quickly all you have to do is run fast.
That's kinda my point. You CAN finish the classics in that time, but you won't. You'll turn a corner and a hunter will take your head off and you haven't saved this entire time because you left the ink ribbons in the storage room and now your time's ruined. Old games countered short length with difficulty and punishment. RE3 (and RE2)make are pretty kind to you in comparison

Should probably bookend this by saying I like RE3make
PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X, wonder which will be used for the demo. Either way I'm excited to see more.
Microsoft got RE7 for their thing last year so maybe the Series X? Granted I could also see the "captured by PC running series X" deal going on. Odds are this'll just be one massive dev diary. The whole thing ain't gonna be the gameplay. That'd be insane

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
That's kinda my point. You CAN finish the classics in that time, but you won't. You'll turn a corner and a hunter will take your head off and you haven't saved this entire time because you left the ink ribbons in the storage room and now your time's ruined.

I think they are very different pointsl. Even if you could instant reload the save after being killed by the hunter and go back to the same spot and just keep going, it wouldn't change what I said. It's not about dying or not dying, it's about strategy and the need to know the game's structure. Think of it this way: if you begin RE1 and not know which door to take, you're gonan waste a lot of time in the main hall. There is barely any analogue to this in REmake 3, you just push foward. The things you have to remember for a more speedy playthrough are minimal.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Microsoft got RE7 for their thing last year so maybe the Series X? Granted I could also see the "captured by PC running series X" deal going on. Odds are this'll just be one massive dev diary. The whole thing ain't gonna be the gameplay. That'd be insane
They obviously have a marketing deal with Sony for RE8.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious to see how this looks. I'm a little concerned it's gonna lean too heavy into the action.