• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Germany made an article on some of its line up for Gamescom 2018

http://www.capcom-germany.de/2018/07/weltpremiere-devil-may-cry-5-auf-der-gamescom-2018-anspielbar/

they announced a Playable World Premiere for DMCV at GamesCom and Announced that Resident Evil 2 will also be Playable at the show , Both at the Xbox Booth

Here is the Google Translated version of the article

The Gamescom 2018 at Capcom this year is all about the sons of Sparda! For this year's Gamescom we offer you a world premiere : For the first time, you as a visitor to the gaming fair will be able to play the action spectacle Devil May Cry 5, which will be released in the spring of 2019 . Play stations for you will be on the Xbox booth in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse.

n this first playable version of Devil May Cry 5 , you'll be on the streets of Red Grave City with Nero, setting you up for some demons and creatures of the underworld. In addition, director Hideaki Itsuno visits Gamescom and will sign autographs. You will learn more about this shortly.

Devil May Cry 5 will be released for the Xbox One family, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PCs.

However, Resident Evil fans will not have to go their own ways: the Xbox booth will also feature select play stations where you can throw a very first, exclusive and limited look at the recently announced reinterpretation of our iconic survival horror classic Resident Evil 2 , Thus, the title is publicly playable for the first time in Europe; however, a minimum age of 18 years is required due to age rating restrictions.

Extensive possibilities to play Resident Evil 2 are offered as part of the EGX Berlin . More information will be available in the next weeks!

Resident Evil 2 will be released on January 25, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Interesting thing here is that the order for Resident Evil 2 platforms became X1/PS4/PC like the case of DMCV , While at E3 it was PS4/X1/PC for RE2 and X1/PS4/PC for DMCV , So I guess either there is a MS deal with Capcom temporary at Gamescom or MS recently got a deal with Capcom for RE2 in general

Last edited:

Expel

Oct 25, 2017
at first " Play stations for you will be on the Xbox booth in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse" made me confused lol

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Gamescom 2018 at Capcom this year is all about the sons of Sparda!

Makes me think that Dante's trailer will show more of Vergil than what most are expecting, they have only mentioned "the son of Sparda" in their previous PR statements and up until this point (even though the fans figured that the hooded man in the trailer was Vergil) they have avoided mentioning Vergil/Sons of Sparda completely.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Interesting thing here is that the order for Resident Evil 2 platforms became X1/PS4/PC like the case of DMCV , While at E3 it was PS4/X1/PC for RE2 and X1/PS4/PC for DMCV , So I guess either there is a MS deal with Capcom temporary at Gamescom or MS recently got a deal with Capcom for RE2 in general
That sounds like a little bit of a stretch. I think Sony having a very low presence (If they show up at all?) at Gamescom is the most likely reason for this.

The PlayStation blog also just announced details on the collectors edition, where I believe Xbox have yet to do so? I doubt Capcom ditched their contract with Sony a month after E3.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt Sony there with a booth? As you would expect RE2 to be at Sony with how the reveal was. And DMCV indeed at Xbox.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
in this first playable version of Devil May Cry 5 , you'll be on the streets of Red Grave City with Nero
This part makes me think that we'll get more than one demo for the game. I hope if we do get more than one demo they release them on PSN/XL as well.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I hope someone with some decent chops can get their hands on the DMC5 demo and post videos. Whenever I think of mainstream journalists covering character action games I can't help but remember that early footage of Revengeance where the guy tried to kill every enemy in Blade Mode and never once just hit a face button :P

Hopefully we get new trailers for both, too.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's going to be at least one knowledgeable dude out there who will try the cancel techniques from 4 to see if they were ported to 5

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest I didn't expect to see console wars bs in this thread when I clicked on it. Very disappointed about that sigh.
I hope there's going to be at least one knowledgeable dude out there who will try the cancel techniques from 4 to see if they were ported to 5
Don't worry, at the very least a few members of the DMC discord are going to GC to play the game, so we should get some solid info from them.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
TBF I have limited experience with Capcom games on PC, but I just assumed that they're primarily console first, which often results in kind of meh results.
This is why you don't talk about stuff you have limited xp with.

That said and ignoring the platform waring going on here devs do usually demo their game builds on PC stations at conferences.

I gotta be honest I didn't expect to see console wars bs in this thread when I clicked on it. Very disappointed about that sigh.

I didn't either, not surprised though.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: System Wars
Yeah, because these traditionally console devs always show off their games on PCs.

Relax dude, PlayStation 4 sales wont be affected by my post or by Capcom games being shown on a One X. All good.
Yeah they'll won't certainly affected when they double what the Xbox does ;)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that people on the forum still gleefully snap back at any mention of other consoles. Fuck man. Didn't take many posts. I don't know how you even turn this topic into a war.

On topic, I'm really interested to hear some feedback from people who play DMC at Gamescom. I'm excited that there's a new one coming but I wasn't head over heels with what we saw at the E3 conference. Curious to see more though. I'm one of those that adored DmC for what it's worth.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I think Sony has a little presence while MS has...so it make sense to show both games their Since Capcom want both games to be there....

and I don't think the deal has change at all

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that people on the forum still gleefully snap back at any mention of other consoles. Fuck man. Didn't take many posts. I don't know how you even turn this topic into a war.

Glad to see this thread has already come to console warz

Excited to hear impressions of both!

Seriously. It's a real shame, but nothing new.

Anyway, this is really great news. Capcom have been on a roll lately and January 24th can't come soon enough. I can't wait to hear impressions.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Wanna see some Resident Evil 2 footage on a Xbox console ( because at E3, all were Ps4 Pro versions) and Devil May Cry V of course. Jealous of the people that can go and try those games at Gamescom

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I swear to God, if this game has me playing the same levels I did with Nero like in 4 I'm going to be pissed. Do not make me backtrack with a different character.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see it turn console war so fast! It's not like these games aren't appearing on both damn platforms. Good God Era.

Anyway, I'm always down for more footage of RE2. That game looks amazing.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I swear to God, if this game has me playing the same levels I did with Nero like in 4 I'm going to be pissed. Do not make me backtrack with a different character.

This, it's the main reason replaying DMC4 is a slog for me.

They did that because of budget and time reasons. DMC4 had unique developmental issues, compared to other games in the series, that were specific for the time. Don't worry. There won't be a similar scenario.

Last edited:

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When did we hear Sony isn't going to have a presence at Gamescon? Seems this rumor pops up every year then it turns out they have the biggest booth.

So awesome these games will be playable so soon. Bodes well for them meeting their release dates.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think that Dante's trailer will show more of Vergil than what most are expecting, they have only mentioned "the son of Sparda" in their previous PR statements and up until this point (even though the fans figured that the hooded man in the trailer was Vergil) they have avoided mentioning Vergil/Sons of Sparda completely.
c41.gif

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Heh, you're the one which needs to relax it seems seeing as how you thought my post was problematic.

Not sure why you're telling him to relax when you're the one who seemed to be upset about his comment first and foremost. Why would Capcom, a primarily console developer, advertise games on PC? And why would they have playable demos on PC at a console conference, especially one that has very comparable specs to a GTX 1070? You couldn't be more transparent.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure why you're telling him to relax when you're the one who seemed to be upset about his comment first and foremost. Why would Capcom, a primarily console developer, advertise games on PC? And why would they have playable demos on PC at a console conference, especially one that has very comparable specs to a GTX 1070? You couldn't be more transparent.
I see you're back again with the same posts of accusing others of shit, if you don't have anything good to say then it's better not to post, I saw something wrong with a post and commented on it, the best version of the game is on PC, it's as simple as that.