• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
When this company does it right, they do it right. So many of THE BEST games are from this group of people. Mega Man X. Resident Evil 4. Street Fighter 3 (it is still the best one). Even the lesser titles in those franchises are still usually really damn good games. Usually.

Capcom Japan should make the next Dead Rising
Absolutely. They made the first one, right? That was the only good one.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
You'd have to be a weirdo if you don't think Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record aren't better than the first

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really is
maxresdefault.jpg
this is the greatest dreamcast ive ever seen.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea... It's pretty unfortunate.

But uh, if you live in Europe or have a region free/modded PS2 you can get the very cheap PAL version.
i almost brought haunting ground but backed out.
Yeah, seriously. Watching playthroughs makes it look so charmingly disturbing.

I've been replaying the first two Dino Crisis games on Vita lately and I've definitely switched on them as I used to consider DC2 the best. DC1 offers a classic challenge, winding together challenging beasts and lock and key design everywhere. It's fun to go back and do things faster and more efficiently. DC2's unique take on the genre is fun but way too short and padded with backtracking and its focus on bite sized action sections feels almost like a progenitor of the set piece action game.

some psx dino pics:

Last edited:

hunahan

Oct 27, 2017
We'll always have the arcade days, Capcom. We'll always have that.

Forgotten Worlds
ieph8g.png

Final Fight
nw0lj5.png

King Of Dragons
2vjplb6.png

Midnight Wanderers
bj6cmv.gif

Strider
2l9o0ib.gif

Mercs
2mrdsa8.png

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Dead Rising was the perfect launch game for the 360. Seeing how many zombies could be on screen at a time was mindblowing.

It had a soul to it the sequels do not. I love Frank and his super cheesy dialogue. FAAAANTASTIC! Not sure what exactly was lost in DR2, but it felt more sterile for some reason.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread. Capcom clearly is not experiencing a golden age right now, but they still put out a lot of great stuff, and seem to have their worst years behind them for now. Would love an invite to the discord.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely thread.

I don't like MH but I think I'll give World a chance.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Combat wise MHW is pretty much the same as previous games but with QoL improvements and cinematic story. I still think newcomers will struggle unless they have a very good tutorial in place but capcom barely has those.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder when they'll announce Season 2 of MvCI, which is slated to be starting next year. Also, can't wait to see the return of Sakura and Sagat in Season 3 of SFV! =D
Assuming that we get MvCI Season 2 (which wouldn't surprise me that much since Wave 2 of the costumes is already locked in, as per the pre-order costumes), we'll probably hear about it at either PSX or Capcom Cup after Battle for the Stones finals.

Gren

Oct 27, 2017
We'll always have the arcade days, Capcom. We'll always have that.

Forgotten Worlds

Final Fight

King Of Dragons

Midnight Wanderers

Strider

Mercs
I have pics disabled for the sake of my mobile data cap, but by the context I don't even need to see hyperlink text to know I'm missing out on images.

Please fix soon ResetEra :(

Anyways, coin-op Capcom is best Capcom imo. I've always preferred their arcade output far more than their console works honestly.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a great idea.

Also, Dead Rising 1 isn't just my favorite of the Dead Risings; it's one of my favorite games of that entire generation. 2 and Off the Record were still good, but I feel like the series has lost a little more of its charm with every game. I don't know if a game like DR1 even can come out of Capcom Japan anymore though; too much of it feels like a biproduct of someone trying to emulate something sincerely and ending up with something way goofier by mistake.

Deleted member 24624

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You'd have to be a weirdo if you don't think Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record aren't better than the first
DR2/OTR are great games, but DR1 just feels better. MT didn't have English documention, so they changed engines for the sequels. This made the games feel slower, but aside from that many feel Frank is a better protagonist (me included), the mall had a better design for navigation, and the overall story was way more interesting. Though I did love the introduction of co-op and combo weapons (before they turned cringe worthy) in the DR2 games.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for MHW, will be my first MH game. Too bad it's coming late to PC, so I may have to double dip and get it on the PS4 at launch.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I hear this is a good place to talk about Dino Crisis...

I'm looking forward to MHW. I have MH4 on 3DS and it's awesome but the 3DSXL is sooo uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. Xbone is gonna make it a dream.

hunahan

Oct 27, 2017
I have pics disabled for the sake of my mobile data cap, but by the context I don't even need to see hyperlink text to know I'm missing out on images.

Please fix soon ResetEra :(

Anyways, coin-op Capcom is best Capcom imo. I've always preferred their arcade output far more than their console works honestly.

They're just screenshots of the games. Mostly just throwing out a nostalgia wave to get some CPS love kicking.

I still hold that Capcom has the absolute best lineup of arcade games for any publisher out there. So many CPS games still hold up wonderfully.

This thread is a great idea.

Also, Dead Rising 1 isn't just my favorite of the Dead Risings; it's one of my favorite games of that entire generation. 2 and Off the Record were still good, but I feel like the series has lost a little more of its charm with every game. I don't know if a game like DR1 even can come out of Capcom Japan anymore though; too much of it feels like a biproduct of someone trying to emulate something sincerely and ending up with something way goofier by mistake.

Even if they had the staff for it (which I don't think they do anymore), I feel like modern Capcom wouldn't have the stones to make something like that in the current climate. It was really off the wall in just about every capacity and mildly unfriendly to players who didn't want to play it the way it was intended.

But yeah - ended up as easily one of my favorite games from that gen as a result. Completing the "perfect run" (save all survivors in a single run) is definitely one of my favorite gaming memories from that era. So many hours. Really made me appreciate just how much thought and planning went into the clockwork aspect of it all as well. Some of the timing was too tight to be anything approaching a coincidence.

It may not have had insane volume, but last gen was overall pretty amazing for Capcom, really. I'd throw Resident Evil 5 and Bionic Commando REarmed in the top-shelf camp too. And although they are technically GBA games, the NA DS releases of the Ace Attorney trilogy has no trouble making the list.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Amazing OT! (special thanks to Jaw, your hard work was extremely crucial to many people who are here right now)

I'm glad to finally be a part of a Capcom community like this one. I'll do something different for my first post here...because both action and horror RE's are the Best Resident Evil games (horror is better, but i love both):

kTCP2.gif

WlVwJ.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Jaw for the Wonderful OT

Regarding Dead Rising , Here is what Capcom said about it in the latest annual report

"On the other hand, despite enjoying solid popularity and consistent demand, sales of Dead Rising 4 and the youth-orientated Monster Hunter Stories were weak overall."

They see the series as having a Solid Popularity and Consistent demand but something was wrong with Dead Rising 4

So I guess they won't drop the ball on the series anytime soon

Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread. Now Capcom please give Dead Rising another go and have it done internal again please with the same design as dead rising 1.

Their take on western culture is still the best.

forpush

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Rising was the perfect launch game for the 360. Seeing how many zombies could be on screen at a time was mindblowing.

It had a soul to it the sequels do not. I love Frank and his super cheesy dialogue. FAAAANTASTIC! Not sure what exactly was lost in DR2, but it felt more sterile for some reason.
Dead Rising is what sold an Xbox to me. I hadn't been doing much gaming for a few years apart from what I played on my DS, and a friend brought his xbox over one weekend and I got totally hooked on it. Bought myself an xbox with that and Crackdown and it triggered yet another deep dark descent into gaming that i never quite recovered from! Was really glad to play the re-release when it came out and discover that it held up really well.

I do like DR2 quite a bit, I have a weird sort of nostalgia for getting an ear infection while I was playing it, and while the ear infection wasn't great, the fact that i got to take nearly 2 weeks off work meant I played a whole lot of that game and enjoyed it a whole lot and it really kept me distracted from my illness.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to post about the first game's soundtrack. The ambient mall music is burned into my head, and nails the atmosphere so well. The boss themes are fantastic too; I could listen to them all on a loop all day long. The opening few seconds of Gone Guru would send chills down my spine for years thanks to the Convicts. Cliff's and Steven's are top tier too.

As much as I still like some of them, I think switching to just having one band do all the boss tracks in 2 made the individual psychos way less memorable to me.

Every now and then I remember this track, and spend weeks not being able to get it out of my head. I don't even know what words they're trying to say in it.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
I completly lose all my hope in this company.
They still make big and great games as big are their shitty decisions..

I hope that something will change on the next years

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
The only game by Capcom that I really love is Street Fighter 2 (SNES), but I love it enough to make Capcom one of my favourite game companies, still.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now we have a better home to discuss Dead Rising, Frank West from Dead Rising 1 is still the best Frank out there.
DR4 has charisma and lots of good old dad jokes, but yeah its missing something, DR1 Frank has something off too, his change of heart through the the whole game is too fast and arbitrary, is not very good imho