• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
hyper389slm.png

rulesg2sjl.png

The creation of this community was spurred by a request from Akiller. Who asked why there wasn't a general Capcom community. Due to the numerous general Capcom talks that would transpire in other Capcom IP threads (His exact words have been generalized for this writing). After the request I asked the ResetEra community via Twitter & Discord if this is something they'd be interested in. The answer was a resounding "Yes!". This community was made for the Capcom fans of ResetEra. With a lot of the work (Primarily the graphics you see here) being done by luulubuu.

With that out of the way, let's get to the actual rules. Of course the typical rules of ResetEra apply here as they do in any other thread. The only real rules we wish for people to abide by are the following.
-Use spoiler tags where applicable.
-Keeping Capcom hate to a minimum. Like any other company Capcom messes up and makes mistakes. With their being other threads to really hammer into them. This community in particular should be focused on constructive criticism to their business practices.
-Please talk about Dino Crisis so your boy can eat here once in awhile.
-This community was not made to replace any IP specific Capcom community here on ResetEra (So much so that I messaged Capcom Community Managers before making this thread). This is more the home for general business talk outside of fiscal reports releases, smaller IPs such as darkstalkers that don't hold a large community, and other array's of capcom related discussion. Pretty much if it's related to capcom it's a go for this thread.

gaminglegacyctt4sdd.png

The Origin of the "Capcom" Name
CAPCOM was founded in 1983, when game machines became widely acknowledged as a popular entertainment medium from a niche market.
This trend was a major motivating factor as CAPCOM was founded to create content based on a new kind of entertainment: "people matching wits against computers".
The name CAPCOM is an abbreviation of CAPsule COMputer. This was a phrase symbolic of an internal company objective to create a new gaming experience that would exceed that of rival personal computers which had also been increasing in popularity during the same period.
The "Capsule" segment of the CAPCOM name was based on 2 key concepts: "a container packed to the brim with fun" and "a desire to create securely packaged games to decrease the rapid expansion of pirated materials".

salesb0sye.png

Top 5 Selling Games*
1, Monster Hunter: World - 13.1 Million
2, Resident Evil 5 - 7.5 Million
3, Resident Evil 6 - 7.3 Million
4, Resident Evil 7 - 6.6 Million
5, Street Fighter II - 6.3 Million

Top 5 Selling Franchises
1. Resident Evil - 92 Million
2. Monster Hunter - 55 Million
3. Street Fighter - 43 Million
4. Mega Man - 35 Million
5. Devil May Cry - 20 Million

Platinum Titles
Game Series Sales
*(Top selling games does not account for multiple SKUs and uses capcom provided data only)

upcominglusrf.png

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Resident Evil 5 (Switch)
Resident Evil 6 (Switch)
Unannounced Resident Evil Project
Dino Crisis Reboot - Someday

othercomctwgspc.png

Devil May Cry Community by Dahbomb
Street Fighter V Community by jett
Monster Hunter Community by by CRQ
Ace Attorney Community by GSR
Mega Man Community by Servbot24
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Community by enzo_gt
Resident Evil Community by a big ass lizard

ourdiscordhysc9.png

Message me or Luu for an Invite!

smt8ssb1.png

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone want to guess an over/under on whether we will ever see a new fighting game IP from Capcom? Not a cross-over or side series, but a full fat new game with a new cast? Last one I can remember was Power Stone 18 years ago.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we never got another one out of them at the rate things are going.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Anyone want to guess an over/under on whether we will ever see a new fighting game IP from Capcom? Not a cross-over or side series, but a full fat new game with a new cast? Last one I can remember was Power Stone 18 years ago.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we never got another one out of them at the rate things are going.

With how MVC went. I could see them trying a new fighting IP (Well a fighting IP revival moreso) on next gen at the very least.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
It's actually insane that their #5 selling game of all time is in one country on one platform. Why did the series drop in popularity?

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the general Street Fighter universe these days? Have any games been added to the list? Not counting crossovers or silly cameos with their own weird cannon

Street Fighter of course.
Final Fight, with Saturday Night Slam Masters in it's past.
Captain Commando set in the far future.
Anything else?

C-Drive

Oct 26, 2017
Also, this is your one and only reminder to not forget the glory of Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru...I mean Yo Noid.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So, what do you guys believe the big Megaman announcement is going to be?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of my faves. I hope to see another Viewtiful Joe before I Henshin A Go-Go. :(

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
I'd use this opportunity to beg for a new Rival Schools, but I think I need to get in line.

geo

Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule
Subscribed. Wonderful thread made by wonderful people.

Really looking forward to the RE7 gold edition and of course, MH World.
The info dump that dropped re: MHWorld has had me salivating all day today.

Glad to be on the capcom train.

Action Resident Evil is best Resident Evil
8a3.gif

You are welcome

Amen