• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Holy shit when was this Twitter account created? Definitely feels weird for a company like Capcom Japan to meme like that but I like it.

Like near the end of December?
Also while they aren't verified i've had it confirmed from two different people that it is a legit account.
Funny enough it's meant more for the Japanese fanbase. But it seems English speaking fans are far more prominent on it lol.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

So capcom Division 1 has 5+ titles in dev of varying sizes. We know RE2make, Third RE, DMCV. Dunno if RE8 would be counted as well (its in dev but probably not in any large capacity probably just planning).

Also don't think the DMC collection port is Div 1. More than likely their western side handling that.

I wonder if Mega Man is division 1 or 3.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey capcom fans,

i got this in an uncommon format in the mail today =)
Gur1M62h.jpg

wZm4c0Vh.jpg

ZHyOTFRh.jpg

yFNedX6h.jpg

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone from Capcom is reading this: I'd love to have a new multi-platform Area 88/ U.N. Squadron game, or at least an arcade port for Switch with the console bits (the merchant and buying different planes from the SNES port patched in).

Edit: This game had such great music.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone from Capcom is reading this: I'd love to have a new multi-platform Area 88/ U.N. Squadron game, or at least an arcade port for Switch with the console bits (the merchant and buying different planes from the SNES port patched in).

Edit: This game had such great music.

Great game. When I was in Japan last year I played what seemed to be a sequel or spiritual successor in an arcade. I forget what it was called, but it was fucking awesome. Would love a compilation of Capcom's shmups.

Speaking of re-releasing games, now that we're getting DMC and Street Fighter compilations, what else do you guys want to see ported to current consoles? Personally I'd love to see Asura's wrath. Not because it's my favorite game they've ever made or anything, but it would benefit hugely from more stable performance, better IQ, and better loadtimes. I'd love to see stuff like Godhand or Onimusha, but honestly I'm fine just playing my PS2 copies.

Oct 29, 2017
Capcom Community convert me please. I've slowly started enjoying Capcom games. I tried Devil May Cry 4 on the 360 and that was pretty much my first full Capcom game, excluding Megaman and Street Fighter arcade days, and I thought the game was alright. Nothing outstounding. Tried the new RE game last year as my first horror playthrough. I was hooked. GOTY. Tried Strider this year. Amazing. Better than Ori and the Blind Forest in terms of gameplay. Tried DMC. This game is amazing. Don't know why people bash it. Artistically speaking it blows almost any other game out of the water and the combat is good. Don't have irrational attachment to old Dante or Nero so I don't hate new DMC.

Pretty much am being semented into Capcom fan. Now am currently in the open beta for Dragon Ball FighterZ but the combat feels to lame. I wanted it to play like Blazeblue but it holds your hand too much. Am just not a fan and after todays Arc System Works news am scared am going to have to rebuy the game a year from now like Guilty Gear. Should I cancel my preorder to get Monster Hunter World. I've never played a MH game before. Well I played a demo of an older game on the 3DS and it felt generic tbh.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Community convert me please. I've slowly started enjoying Capcom games. I tried Devil May Cry 4 on the 360 and that was pretty much my first full Capcom game, excluding Megaman and Street Fighter arcade days, and I thought the game was alright. Nothing outstounding. Tried the new RE game last year as my first horror playthrough. I was hooked. GOTY. Tried Strider this year. Amazing. Better than Ori and the Blind Forest in terms of gameplay. Tried DMC. This game is amazing. Don't know why people bash it. Artistically speaking it blows almost any other game out of the water and the combat is good. Don't have irrational attachment to old Dante or Nero so I don't hate new DMC.

Pretty much am being semented into Capcom fan. Now am currently in the open beta for Dragon Ball FighterZ but the combat feels to lame. I wanted it to play like Blazeblue but it holds your hand too much. Am just not a fan and after todays Arc System Works news am scared am going to have to rebuy the game a year from now like Guilty Gear. Should I cancel my preorder to get Monster Hunter World. I've never played a MH game before. Well I played a demo of an older game on the 3DS and it felt generic tbh.
Were you able to play the MHW beta at all? I thought it was uhhhh-mazing and turned it from a "will buy on sale" to "day 1" game for me. I've enjoyed the 3DS games to an extent, but this one really seems like the quantum leap everyone has been waiting for since the PSP days.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Continuing my Capcom playthrough, I've just finished off their Famicom survival horror/RPG - Sweet Home. I'm a big RE fan so I've been looking forward to playing this one in a while. I'm not much of an RPG player, so I've no idea how many of the ideas used in Sweet Home are unique/new back in'89 but I do love the way the battles are handled in the game. You have 5 individual characters all with unique items needed to traverse the game map. But its dangerous for characters to wonder around alone, so you can have characters follow each other around in teams of 2-3 (basically you'll spend the game with a team of two characters, and a team of 3 characters).

Battles are random encounters for the most part (with a few enemies that appear on maps as avoidable encounters) - when a team gets pulled into a battle you can either fight or use prey points (to power up your attacks, its basically the same as using magic points in other RPGs) or "call" the other team. At this point you take control of the second team and if you can get them to run over to the first team in time, they join the battle. This method is recommended especially early in the game as its the quickest way to earn XP (as this way all 5 characters earn XP after a battle).

The main game tasks you in exploring a haunted/deserted mansion (sound familiar?) while unravelling the mystery around the family that used to live in the house. It gets particularly gruesome when you find out that
Lady Mamiya had been kidnapping kids from the nearby town and chucking them into the incinerator WHILE they were still alive! its... pretty messed up
. You'll need to use various items you find to solve fairly straight forward puzzles, while also juggling item management between your 5 team mates (again, very much like you do in RE). You can exchange items with each other, but its important to remember where you put down certain items, as nothing is worse than dropping a mission critical item halfway across the mansion and then need to back track to get it! Also, there is only one way you can heal in this game - you find tonics throughout the mansion, these are the only way to heal so its important to keep a few in your inventory at all times. It gets pretty tough later in the game juggling these items and the critical items needed for the story. Thankfully the game is pretty easy so as long as your careful you should never be at the point where your almost dead!

All in all I ended up really enjoying the game. The story is fairly sparse on the details (though it does get explained later in the game somewhat, and there are still some disturbing points in there), I really liked the way stuff like perma death, limited healing and battles/teams are handled in the game. The music is also top notch - very spooky and very fitting for the game. It'd be nice if Capcom released this in English officially so more could play it, its a decent precursor to some of the stuff used later in Resident Evil.

Now that Sweet Home is finished, the next two Capcom games I'll be working through are Final Fight (and its many console ports) and one of my favourite platformers - Duck Tales.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So it sounds like there's another capcom game compilation coming and that it'll be revealed "soon". (Another tweet confirms it's not DMC and I think he'd have said if it was MM or SF since those are revealed)

I'm guessing is the rumored Ace Attorney Collection.

Last edited:

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I would love it if Capcom ported the power stone collection to the switch or did a dreamcast game collection.

would also like it if jojo got another port

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So it sounds like there's another capcom game compilation coming and that it'll be revealed "soon". (Another tweet confirms it's not DMC and I think he'd have said if it was MM or SF since those are revealed)

I'm guessing is the rumored Ace Attorney Collection.

Finally Darkstalkers Collection is coming.....right before Darkstalkers 4.....

(if only...)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Port everything.

Gimme dat full Capcom library
I'd definitely be ok with this. I have a dedicated shelf just to Capcom current gen releases/ports. They got tons of stuff from every gen that'd be great to have ported to newer consoles - everything from Sweet Home, Dino Crisis, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe etc. I'd buy it all.

Though I do hope its an Ace Attorney collection. I'd love to have a physical release in some shape or form for 5 and 6, as I really don't like buying digital on 3DS. Otherwise I hope its a arcade collection, but unlike previous ones which are the same releases over and over, I'd like stuff like Mad Gear (the racer, nothing FF related), Battle Circuit, Armoured Warriors, 19XX etc. ported. Basically stuff that hasn't seen a physical release before. If I were being really bold, I'd ask for more licensed ports like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, AvP, a collection of all the Marvel releases etc. but those seem way less likely to ever happen.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
DUeViT0UMAAhIST

Any idea who these characters are (not ken)? Someone says the bottom one looks like they're holding a doll. The top one looks like another MM character

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
The one on the bottom looks kinda like Chun Li to me, but I'd assume she'd be featured elsewhere in the full image. No idea about the other one.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I was really interested in Knights of Aegis; what a shame. I don't think Vancouver is going to be able to save Dead Rising, but best wishes to all who lost their jobs.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has bigger E3 floor space than last year. Should mean two reveals.
I was just looking for this thread to see if people thought they would save both DMCV and REmake2 for E3. Guess it seems likely. Kind if disappointing though because that means they likely won't have Anything else besides switch ports.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we have a darkhorse reveal for one of those new IP that were rumored a while back, alongside the cancelled Vancouver one.

DMCV and REmake2 seem like good bets though.