• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The second tweet is interesting. We know we were gonna see something by E3. But it sounds like something we see might even release this year.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Capcom fans,
i got some goodies in the mail today. i never tried D&D by capcom, i hope it's something like knights of the round table that i played in the arcades=)
Fo2iEqul.jpg

yEjkNQAl.jpg

4qwq26tl.jpg

qNVQ8SWl.jpg

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Would Capcom be able to release ports of the Breath of Fire games on the Switch, if they ever wanted to? Mainly interested in 3 and 4. Is there any sort of Sony licensing deal that is stopping them from releasing them on anything other than their consoles?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Would Capcom be able to release ports of the Breath of Fire games on the Switch, if they ever wanted to? Mainly interested in 3 and 4. Is there any sort of Sony licensing deal that is stopping them from releasing them on anything other than their consoles?

Pretty sure BoF is just a case of capcom just need to do it and nothing which is tied up with Sony.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got back to my Capcom playthrough today. My Supergrafx was broke when I tried to play it before, but now I finally managed to play through Ghouls n Ghosts on it. It went surprisingly smooth, I managed my first run super quick, and the only real sticking points on my run were the first half of level 3 (all those damn flying bugs!) and the final bit of level 5 (still my least favourite bit in the game!). Final boss only took a couple of tries to beat, he's hilariously easy all things considered.

Its a great port, very little slowdown, pretty much all the animations were kept in (unlike the MD port) and the soundtrack is fantastic. Only bad thing is my Supergrafx not being RGB modded so it didn't look as sharp as it could. Ghouls still remains my favourite of the series as well, difficulty feels as "fair" as the series ever got (tough yet fair) and its just a joy to play. Super GnG was a bit long for my tastes and the second run on that game is a real pain in the ass thanks to the penultimate boss taking years to beat.

Up next is the Supergrafx port of 1941, looking forward to finally playing this through, I loved 1943 (especially the fantastic PC Engine port).

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got back to my Capcom playthrough today. My Supergrafx was broke when I tried to play it before, but now I finally managed to play through Ghouls n Ghosts on it. It went surprisingly smooth, I managed my first run super quick, and the only real sticking points on my run were the first half of level 3 (all those damn flying bugs!) and the final bit of level 5 (still my least favourite bit in the game!). Final boss only took a couple of tries to beat, he's hilariously easy all things considered.

Its a great port, very little slowdown, pretty much all the animations were kept in (unlike the MD port) and the soundtrack is fantastic. Only bad thing is my Supergrafx not being RGB modded so it didn't look as sharp as it could. Ghouls still remains my favourite of the series as well, difficulty feels as "fair" as the series ever got (tough yet fair) and its just a joy to play. Super GnG was a bit long for my tastes and the second run on that game is a real pain in the ass thanks to the penultimate boss taking years to beat.

Up next is the Supergrafx port of 1941, looking forward to finally playing this through, I loved 1943 (especially the fantastic PC Engine port).
Awesome stuff, I've long wanted to do a complete Capcom plathrough. Now I can live vicariously through your posts :P

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome stuff, I've long wanted to do a complete Capcom plathrough. Now I can live vicariously through your posts :P

Thanks :) I really should be further along, but current gen gaming also keeps pulling me away from this task.

Still, as I had the Supergrafx out yesterday I got on with 1941. Its really rather good! Its your standard fast paced shoot em up with huge bosses and some great level design. Definitely worthy of the 19XX legacy. Only strange thing I thought was the placement of level 2 - the game isn't exceptionally I hard (I finished it after all!) but level 2 feels like a noticeable step up in difficulty (both the stage and boss) while the subsequent stages then got much easier by comparison until I reached the final stage. After a lot of practice though I managed to get the level down and clear it without dying, the missile weapon seems like the weapon you want for 90% of the game - it makes crowd control on enemies really simple which explains how I was able to get through most of the game without dying. Speaking of which - you have very limited continues (and only a single life per continue) so its in your best interest to save them for the finale as its a pretty long level with several tough boss fights.

I'll go back and play the arcade version of 1941 today to see what differences there were in the port, but I certainly enjoyed what I played. I still preferred the PC Engine version of 1943 Kai though, just because of the great extra levels you get after clearing the main game. On the bright side, 1941 is still easier than the tough as nails Famicom port of 1943!

Once 1941 is done, I'll be moving onto two of my favourite arcade games - Mercs and Chiki Chiki Boys.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Spent another day retrogaming with some Capcom arcade games other the weekend:

1941 - Pretty much the same as my experience with the Supergrafx version (or rather, Supergrafx got a great port of the arcade game). There were small differences - like level 1 of the arcade version being level 2 in the Supergrafx version, and the arcade version giving you access to the different weapons far sooner compared to the Supergrafx version. But otherwise its mainly the same. Only one fairly big difference - the difficulty. Bosses on the arcade version are understandably way more difficult than the console port. More bullets on scr.een with bosses taking more hits to destroy (not to mention your ship seemingly not getting the health bar bonuses after every other mission) which makes the arcade version all round way more difficult

Next up I moved onto Mega Twins (Chiki Chilki Boys). I've only ever touched the Mega Drive version of the game before, and while I've not played through either of the console ports (MD and PC Engine CD) yet I gotta say - the arcade version is way harder in one respect - you take tons of damage (either that or I'm drastically misremembering the MD port all these years later).
When you start the game you can only take 2-3 hits, and some bosses seem to take you out instantly which was a real eye opener (thankfully early bosses are fairly easy). You can get powerups in the levels to raise your health, so things do get slightly easier. Its not the hardest Capcom game I've ever played for sure, but I think I'm probably going to enjoy the console versions more if they rebalance the damage slightly. Either way, it still remains a nice action/platformer game with huge sprites, a nice soundtrack and fun gameplay.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah, doesn't surprise me the arcade version would be like that. Hopefully the console versions are a bit easier in this case.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hyped for the Data Discs x Capcom announcement? I hope they dig into some of their better, less appreciated soundtracks rather than release MM2 for the 100th time (though that probably wouldn't stop me from buying it sadly...)

Any underappreciated Capcom OSTs you guys are hoping to see?

Spent another day retrogaming with some Capcom arcade games other the weekend:

1941 - Pretty much the same as my experience with the Supergrafx version (or rather, Supergrafx got a great port of the arcade game). There were small differences - like level 1 of the arcade version being level 2 in the Supergrafx version, and the arcade version giving you access to the different weapons far sooner compared to the Supergrafx version. But otherwise its mainly the same. Only one fairly big difference - the difficulty. Bosses on the arcade version are understandably way more difficult than the console port. More bullets on scr.een with bosses taking more hits to destroy (not to mention your ship seemingly not getting the health bar bonuses after every other mission) which makes the arcade version all round way more difficult

Next up I moved onto Mega Twins (Chiki Chilki Boys). I've only ever touched the Mega Drive version of the game before, and while I've not played through either of the console ports (MD and PC Engine CD) yet I gotta say - the arcade version is way harder in one respect - you take tons of damage (either that or I'm drastically misremembering the MD port all these years later).
When you start the game you can only take 2-3 hits, and some bosses seem to take you out instantly which was a real eye opener (thankfully early bosses are fairly easy). You can get powerups in the levels to raise your health, so things do get slightly easier. Its not the hardest Capcom game I've ever played for sure, but I think I'm probably going to enjoy the console versions more if they rebalance the damage slightly. Either way, it still remains a nice action/platformer game with huge sprites, a nice soundtrack and fun gameplay.

I've only played Mega Twins by credit feeding the arcade version solo. I could tell it was a great game, but credit feeding arcade games is never that fun for me. One of these days I need to track down a MD copy and tackle it with a buddy.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
King of dragons has some kick ass tracks...though i could be confusing it with knoghts of the round>_>

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
King of dragons has some kick ass tracks...though i could be confusing it with knoghts of the round>_>
I can never remember which one is which either... They arrived to my local arcades at the same time, next to each other, and I was always on one or the other, so the sounds blend together...
Didn't Capcom released a compilation of CPS1 titles back on PS2? I'd really want to see it on Steam... Though they'll probably make more money by selling the game individually like Shadow over Mystara.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I can never remember which one is which either... They arrived to my local arcades at the same time, next to each other, and I was always on one or the other, so the sounds blend together...
Didn't Capcom released a compilation of CPS1 titles back on PS2? I'd really want to see it on Steam... Though they'll probably make more money by selling the game individually like Shadow over Mystara.
Mystara is a duology btw even if the 2nd game a rework of the first one with improvememts xp

Id gladly buy cps2 and cps2 titles for usd 5 each but i prefer cps2 a lot more than cps1

CD99

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Anyone else hyped for the Data Discs x Capcom announcement? I hope they dig into some of their better, less appreciated soundtracks rather than release MM2 for the 100th time (though that probably wouldn't stop me from buying it sadly...)

Any underappreciated Capcom OSTs you guys are hoping to see?

I've only played Mega Twins by credit feeding the arcade version solo. I could tell it was a great game, but credit feeding arcade games is never that fun for me. One of these days I need to track down a MD copy and tackle it with a buddy.

Bionic Commando. PLEASE. Final Fight would also be neat.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I did a quick YT search and sure enough it is the King of Dragons OST XP

I like this track the most.

This one's nice too

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its because I've been playing it a lot recently, but Chiki Chiki Boys/Mega Twins has some great music (love the boss and final boss themes especially.

Anyway, put some more time into Mega Twins today, played through both the PC Engine CD and Mega Drive console ports.

The PC Engine version's main advantage is the wonderful remixed soundtrack, probably my favourite versions of the soundtrack for sure. Graphically its a bit squashed compared to the arcade version, with some graphical effects scaled back or removed (the underwater effect in stage 4-2 is completely absent, so the game looks really ugly as it seems like you are flying/hovering through the air without any flight equipment. It also feels like the number of enemies present in levels is a bit lower, that just might have been my imagination though, the game also feels like it runs a bit slower than the arcade version but not too much.
Also, in the second fortress stage - the mid boss (bouncing ball) doesn't have a playing area that gradually decreases in size as you fight the boss (blocks would fall from the left making the playing area smaller the longer the fight goes on). A strange omission.
Interestingly they completely remove the weapon/health upgrades from the game, so you start off leveled up and the damage output is pretty low, so the game is much, much easier. Basically its a decent port but its concessions are noticeable.

Now the MD port, this is the one I played back in the day but I still think its the best one of the lot.
As standard the damage output on enemies is scaled back compared to the arcade version so the game is way easier (perhaps a bit too easy?). The game looks the part, with nice huge sprites that aren't squashed like the PCE version, it also runs really fast and very smooth (only a couple of points in the game where it slows down due to too much happening on screen).
Interestingly, the main change in this port is the way the upgrades are handled - gone are the rewards you get at the end of the stage based on coins you picked up, you get a shop instead. This makes things better in my opinion, as it really gets you to explore stages for secrets and pickups to power your character up.
Also interesting are a couple of minor changes to the fortress levels - in the Japanese versions of the game you save maidens that are tied up but these are removed from English ports. Problem is, those characters gave hints in the levels and are actually fairly important for the best ending. So the MD Euro version (which is the one I played) put hint fairies in their places. Also interesting is that some spikes are removed in one fortress level which make one part of a stage much easier to navigate (as far as I could tell, the spikes were impossible to dodge before, so this is a very welcome change).
Also it seems as though bosses take more hits to kill. Not sure if that was just my imagination, but the boss fights certainly felt like they go on longer.
Anyway, the hint fairies being included helped a great deal as I FINALLY found the second dragon eye after decades of searching (I was evidently an idiot growing up as the hint blatantly tells you where the key to the last chest in the game is).

So all in all both are good ports, with the MD version being the much better choice. Bar a couple of little opening animations being missing it felt very close to the arcade version while not having quite the annoying damage output issues the arcade version had. And if you do want the arcade difficulty, you can access a hidden options mode to up the difficulty to hard. Unfortunately that makes bosses take far more hits to kill, so I bailed on the mode more out of boredom than anything.

Awesome game :) Now onto Mercs and its console ports.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got started on Mercs yesterday, still got the MD port to play but I did get through the arcade and Master System ports.

The arcade port was played via the Saturn collection. Port wise its excellent, with basic difficulty options, rapid fire and a rather nice remixed soundtrack. Gameplay wise its a spruced Commando, with more variety (plenty of different enemies and weapons) along with big bosses, driveable vehicles and such. Bosses get pretty tough pretty quick in the game as well, the first couple are fairly straight forward but when you get to the train boss it gets pretty tricky (weirdly the next two bosses are way easier!)
Its fairly short as well, I ended up playing it through 3 times in one sitting trying to get better against the bosses. Its definitely not one of the games that I'll end up being great at without figuring out more efficient ways of beating the bosses. Still, its a great game to blast through when I want to relax.

Now onto the Master System port. To be fair, I never expected a 1:1 port of the arcade version on a vastly weaker system. To the games credit, its actually really smooth to play, scrolling and characters seem to be running at 60FPS, however enemy shots and grenades aren't quite so smooth. Doesn't really make the game any harder, just really noticeable next to the rest of the smooth animations.
All the levels and bosses are in, even the train boss is there in all its glory. All the weapons seem to be in, but the vehicles list seems slightly slimmed down as I could not find a driveable tank in the game (still got those badass hovercrafts though!)
Also missing is music. The only tune you get is an ominous bit of music as you approach a boss.
Speaking of bosses, they are definitely easier compared to the arcade version. Some of the bosses (the 3rd boss - the plane, and the boat) as they barely attack at all, and when they do the attacks can be easily dodged. The only bosses that have some sort of difficulty to them is the train and the penultimate boss (mainly due to attacks that are harder to dodge and drain your health) but as long as you have enough bombs you can cheese your way through them! The final boss in this version is laughably simple compared to the arcade version as the cannons are removed in the MS version, so its almost no challenge at all.
The other thing that you really need to watch out with on this is the timer. Its fairly strict, I actually died against the train boss because I explored too much in the main level and run out of time! Also, you only have one life and no continues so if you die once its back to the title screen with you! If the game was harder, this would be a real problem!

Next up is the Mega Drive port, which I'm most looking forward to, as I remember it being a great port AND it has the original mode to play through as well.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Got started on Mercs yesterday, still got the MD port to play but I did get through the arcade and Master System ports.

The arcade port was played via the Saturn collection. Port wise its excellent, with basic difficulty options, rapid fire and a rather nice remixed soundtrack. Gameplay wise its a spruced Commando, with more variety (plenty of different enemies and weapons) along with big bosses, driveable vehicles and such. Bosses get pretty tough pretty quick in the game as well, the first couple are fairly straight forward but when you get to the train boss it gets pretty tricky (weirdly the next two bosses are way easier!)
Its fairly short as well, I ended up playing it through 3 times in one sitting trying to get better against the bosses. Its definitely not one of the games that I'll end up being great at without figuring out more efficient ways of beating the bosses. Still, its a great game to blast through when I want to relax.

Now onto the Master System port. To be fair, I never expected a 1:1 port of the arcade version on a vastly weaker system. To the games credit, its actually really smooth to play, scrolling and characters seem to be running at 60FPS, however enemy shots and grenades aren't quite so smooth. Doesn't really make the game any harder, just really noticeable next to the rest of the smooth animations.
All the levels and bosses are in, even the train boss is there in all its glory. All the weapons seem to be in, but the vehicles list seems slightly slimmed down as I could not find a driveable tank in the game (still got those badass hovercrafts though!)
Also missing is music. The only tune you get is an ominous bit of music as you approach a boss.
Speaking of bosses, they are definitely easier compared to the arcade version. Some of the bosses (the 3rd boss - the plane, and the boat) as they barely attack at all, and when they do the attacks can be easily dodged. The only bosses that have some sort of difficulty to them is the train and the penultimate boss (mainly due to attacks that are harder to dodge and drain your health) but as long as you have enough bombs you can cheese your way through them! The final boss in this version is laughably simple compared to the arcade version as the cannons are removed in the MS version, so its almost no challenge at all.
The other thing that you really need to watch out with on this is the timer. Its fairly strict, I actually died against the train boss because I explored too much in the main level and run out of time! Also, you only have one life and no continues so if you die once its back to the title screen with you! If the game was harder, this would be a real problem!

Next up is the Mega Drive port, which I'm most looking forward to, as I remember it being a great port AND it has the original mode to play through as well.
Huh, had no idea there was a master system version.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Glad people are enjoying my impressions as I play! Anyway, did the Mega Drive version of Mercs today...

First off, the arcade mode: Its a very faithful port of the arcade version of Mercs. I can't say for certain what changed, nothing honestly really jumped out at me. It looks great, runs really fast and smooth for almost all of the time (it does slow down when you get lots of enemies on screen) and the difficulty was definitely rebalanced a bit to make the game easier - namely the bosses whom are definitely easier when you get the hang of it. Tank do feel like they take a couple more hits to kill, but I always struggled with them in the arcade game so that might just be me. If this was all that the port offered, I'd have been happy. But no, you get an original mode as well.

Original mode: This takes the basic gameplay of the arcade game, but fleshes it out somewhat. All new levels, all new bosses, and the levels are way, way longer compared to the arcade game. Additionally, instead of swapping between several weapons, you unlock more characters as you progress through the 8 levels and each new character has their own unique weapon including two new weapons (homing missile and laser). Additionally you can power up the characters more (weapons mainly) plus there are loads of secret routes that have plenty of items including medals which instead of giving you health in arcade mode, act as a currency - in the many shops you come across you can buy upgrades for your characters to make them stronger, or even revive KO'ed allies (each only has one life and no continues, but can be revived if you have enough currency).
Difficulty wise its pretty fair, with only the tanks and other new heavy weapons proving to be very dangerous if your not careful! As long as you keep the first character leveled up (superb all rounder in terms of speed, weapon spread and damage) and then level the others when time permits its not too tough, though the penultimate levels can kick your ass if your not careful. This mode is awesome fun, especially when you get some of the secrets down to make said levels a bit more manageable. I'd say out of all the great Sega Capcom ports done early in the MD's life this is probably my favourite since this mode is a brilliant addition to the game and makes it the definitive version of the game (in my opinion). Probably my favourite of Capcom's shooters as well.

Now onto Magic Sword...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I think Capcom won E3 overall for me. Without a conference.
Me too, no shadow of a doubt there. Sega came close though for me, just for all that good juicy Yakuza news! My two most wanted games are now reality, cannot wait to replay RE2 with that awesome looking remake, and can't wait to jump into DMC5! Oh, and Mega Man 11 exists and looks excellent. This truly is a great time to be a Capcom fan (well, other than that Marvel Vs Capcom fuck up :( )

As such, I've been going a bit crazy again with my Capcom collection, I've managed to clear a few more Capcom titles in my backlog, as well as adding a few more to the backlog!:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man nice pickups. RE Gaiden and Darkwing Duck are some of the pricier games I still haven't picked up.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man nice pickups. RE Gaiden and Darkwing Duck are some of the pricier games I still haven't picked up.

Yeah Gaiden especially cost a bit to get hold of, DD wasn't too far behind though, for both it was also challenging to get copies that were in decent condition as most on eBay have pretty based up boxes or are insanely priced. I also got DMC Collection for the PS4 mainly thanks to the hype for 5 (I now own the series 3 times over!)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gaiden is probably not getting re-released for a while/ever and prices are only going up as boxed copies get harder and harder to find in good condition so I'm glad I picked it up now rather than waiting any longer.

Capcom completion wise, this week I finished off Yo Noid and Disney Adventures.

Disney is a easy mix of platforming levels, one racing level, one QTE and one train level. The platform levels feel like an easier version of Ghosts n Goblins, while the other levels are really straight forward to finish. Its certainly not bad, but nothing remarkable either.

Yo Noid is a weird one, as its just a reskinned version of "Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru" for the Famicom. Its a side scrolling platformer and a pretty fun one as well. Only thing I have issues with is that the game is made uglier with the graphical overhaul - the worst being the haunted house changed to an abandoned building which not only looked less interesting but also made it harder to see several obstacles in the level artificially upping the difficulty (I swear the hidden bonus game on the level is glitchy as well, as the difficulty there feels noticeably higher than in the Japanese version), other changes for the worse are changing the moon level to a warehouse and a wild west level to a run down street corner. Also, the story and villain design in the game gets a step down to go along with the graphical changes.
Thankfully the game still plays really well (bar the one bonus game, its identical to the Japanese version).

Next up is Mizushima Shinji no Daikoushien which is a baseball game. No idea if I'll enjoy it or not though! After that, I've got Gargoyles Quest 1 (YES!, love this game!), Tenchi o Kurau (Destiny of an Emperor) and Strider Returns (Oh yeah, no way will that be a fun experience...)

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I started playing Resident Evil Revelations on PS4 last night just because I'm excited for RE2. I had forgotten I even bought it on sale months ago.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
You're hardcore. I've been skipping all the US Gold games in my attempted Capcom play through :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You're hardcore. I've been skipping all the US Gold games in my attempted Capcom play through :)
I honestly don't blame you. They are less than good! I've been skipping all the home computer ports of games US Gold did, but for any brand new games they developed (like Strider Returns) I'll at least try. Thankfully the MD version has cheats, so I may have to use them to retain my sanity! Thankfully once I'm through with that game I've got Super Pang, Rescue Rangers 1 and Mega Man 3 to play through which will definitely be great palette cleaners!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not much of an RPG fan, but am playing through Capcom's "Destiny of an Emperor" at the moment. Its basically a Romance of the 3 Kingdoms JRPG focusing on Shu.

Its actually turned into a pretty fun game for me, I like the setting and the basic story so fighting against the big enemy officers like Dong Zhuo, Lubu etc. with the fairly fun battle system has quickly become really addictive. Only issue I have is with the rate of random battles at times (far, far too frequent). But other than that I really like it, don't see myself enjoying it as much as Sweet Home though(which is a genuinely under rated gem of a game).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off Destiny of an Emperor today. Only real issues I had were the large frequency of random battles (sometimes every step you take you get a new battle, it got really annoying sometimes) plus backtracking was made difficult when certain places didn't sell certain items, and you could only fast travel to certain locations (I never want to backtrack through those last two caves again!).
That said, I loved the setting and especially loved the combat. Its a nice different take on the 3 Kingdoms era (I'm mainly used to it via DW).

Next up... <sigh> Strider Returns :( Curse you US Gold...
Also, in random Capcom purchases, I ended up picking up a Dreamcast Capcom game called "Taisen Net Gimmick - Capcom & Psikyo All Stars". Its a game that features Street Fighter Alpha and Psikyo characters locked in an intense... Mahjong battle! Yakuza ended up getting me really into Mahjong so I had to grab this game for the heck of it.

Wachenroder

Oct 29, 2017
Finished off Destiny of an Emperor today. Only real issues I had were the large frequency of random battles (sometimes every step you take you get a new battle, it got really annoying sometimes) plus backtracking was made difficult when certain places didn't sell certain items, and you could only fast travel to certain locations (I never want to backtrack through those last two caves again!).
That said, I loved the setting and especially loved the combat. Its a nice different take on the 3 Kingdoms era (I'm mainly used to it via DW).

Next up... <sigh> Strider Returns :( Curse you US Gold...
Also, in random Capcom purchases, I ended up picking up a Dreamcast Capcom game called "Taisen Net Gimmick - Capcom & Psikyo All Stars". Its a game that features Street Fighter Alpha and Psikyo characters locked in an intense... Mahjong battle! Yakuza ended up getting me really into Mahjong so I had to grab this game for the heck of it.

Man i'll never forget how shocked I was when I bought that game on eBay back in the day. like 15 years ago now. Super excited when I found out about it. I absolutely loved Psikyo games and their characters and Capcom has been my undisputed favorite company. The thought of a fighting game starring both sides sounded amazing. I remember thinking....

"How come nobody is talking about this game?!? Why havent I seen any footage of it on combovids.com or snk-capcom.com?! Do people not know? this is crazy!"

lol yeah.....

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Man i'll never forget how shocked I was when I bought that game on eBay back in the day. like 15 years ago now. Super excited when I found out about it. I absolutely loved Psikyo games and their characters and Capcom has been my undisputed favorite company. The thought of a fighting game starring both sides sounded amazing. I remember thinking....

"How come nobody is talking about this game?!? Why havent I seen any footage of it on combovids.com or snk-capcom.com?! Do people not know? this is crazy!"

lol yeah.....

Yeah, I'd have no doubt felt the exact same way a few years ago. I'd buy anything and everything Capcom related on my DC. That said, I've ended up with several Capcom Mahjong games now, so I had to get this one for my collection as well!

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
grabbed a capcom game last week: too lazy to open but spine inside =)
D8MUwLVl.jpg

edit: also grabbed a copy of x4!
GUBb23il.jpg

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd have no doubt felt the exact same way a few years ago. I'd buy anything and everything Capcom related on my DC. That said, I've ended up with several Capcom Mahjong games now, so I had to get this one for my collection as well!
Didn't they release a special mahjong controller for NES or something?

My Yakuza 0 playthrough got totally derailed by Mahjong lol. Still not sure I totally understand the game, but it's still fun as hell.