• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

So those of you who don't have an Xbox One / Xbox One X. You'll be alright.

The demo is Nero's. And unfortunately its the old Gamescom build. So it only has Gerbera and Overture Devil Breakers. Not Punchline and Buster Arm like the updated demo build seen at TGS and NYCC. So no rocket riding or throwing bosses into Towers for this demo build.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, it's a shame that it's exclusive, but I saw it coming, I'm only interested in playing a Nero's demo and will likely skip a on with V or Dante, so I guess I'll just wait until the game comes out.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Well I've waited 10 years I can wait 3 more months fully knowing there's a demo of DMC5 playable if I go out and buy an Xbox one ....who am I kidding? I'll be right back I'm going to go buy an Xbox

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
It took 6 posts for the name of the game this topic is about to be posted.
It's in the OP, and there's only one Capcom exclusive demo announced today.

Wonder if they'll add a bit extra to the multiplatform demo as their wording makes it sound like a different release including Xbox.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of timed exclusive content isn't "that big of a deal" yet it's made into a big deal by some whenever it's convenient.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The announcement was leaked in a thread hours earlier in the day before the awards aired.

Not everybody reads every thread

are you guys seriously defending the habit of not naming the game you're talking about in the topic title? REALLY?

I'm not even the only person who entered this topic with no idea what it was about.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of timed exclusive content isn't "that big of a deal" yet it's made into a big deal by some whenever it's convenient.

I don't think it is a big deal personally (granted I am one of those that owns multiple consoles and PC) but I find it interesting the general attitude about this. One would assume that this would not have happened because of the way Spencer spoke before. Not that it is a deal breaker for anyone.

MS did it at start of generation, so people would have assumed that he was referring to a change of policy going forward. It doesn't seem so.

I never expected any company to give it up, but why say it if you know people are going to simply look back on your words.

are you guys seriously defending the habit of not naming the game you're talking about in the topic title? REALLY?

I'm not even the only person who entered this topic with no idea what it was about.

I only realized because the front page threads about the exclusivity and this thread were next to each other. OP should have put the name of of the game in
title.

EDIT: Also Capcom should be also be brought to the center of this discussion.

Last edited:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I thought this game was out in January. It could possibly be a long wait for the multiplatform. The RE6 Xbox demo was exclusive for like 3 months.

It's still in the OP, man. I get the title might be annoying but it only took the 1st post to know the topic.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not concerned about the demo but it sets a precedent that if you're willing to barter deals that result in exclusive demo's, it probably isn't a stretch to think you'd barter deals to get exclusive 3rd party games or additional content. It paints Phil Spencer as a hypocrite and gives the impression that he has a problem when he/MS is inconvenienced by competitor 3rd party deals but enjoys having those very same deals for himself. Once again, I have no dog in this fight but that's a perspective that some may hold, so this deal could be telling for them and therefore a big deal.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a deal keeping content out of another platform's retail release?
Keep this console warz stuff out of here, I beg you!

Defending timed exclusivity on one side by moving the goal posts to fit under the "another platforms retail release" goal posts is "console warz stuff" in itself. If you don't think it's a big deal, cool, I don't either, but lets not act like this is any different in basic principle as timed exclusive skins or map packs.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

100% agreed. How someone could make this title and think it's a good thing is baffling.

Had to read 3 sentences in just to find out the name of the game.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This seems more like a capcom thing than a Sony or ms thing.

MHW and RE7 both had exclusive PS4 demos for a time...I'm sure RE2 will get some exclusive demo as well.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This seems more like a capcom thing than a Sony or ms thing.

MHW and RE7 both had exclusive PS4 demos for a time...I'm sure RE2 will get some exclusive demo as well.

Its looking like MS has the marketing rights to DMC5. This isn't just a capcom thing, this is a part of that agreement.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
I'm not concerned about the demo but it sets a precedent that if you're willing to barter deals that result in exclusive demo's, it probably isn't a stretch to think you'd barter deals to get exclusive 3rd party games or additional content. It paints Phil Spencer as a hypocrite and gives the impression that he has a problem when he/MS is inconvenienced by competitor 3rd party deals but enjoys having those very same deals for himself. Once again, I have no dog in this fight but that's a perspective that some may hold, so this deal could be telling for them and therefore a big deal.

Did Phil say he'd never make another exclusivity deal again?

Don't be naive. Exclusivity deals will always happen with consoles. The demo and game will still come to the PS4 console.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

Said thread stayed on the front page and didn't require reading beyond its title. As for this one, the tweet in the OP answered it long before anyone posted.

Personally, I get more annoyed by topic titles that use obscure acronyms and have no further elaboration of any kind in the OP.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

So those of you who don't have an Xbox One / Xbox One X. You'll be alright.

The demo is Nero's. And unfortunately its the old Gamescom build. So it only has Gerbera and Overture Devil Breakers. Not Punchline and Buster Arm like the updated demo build seen at TGS and NYCC. So no rocket riding or throwing bosses into Towers for this demo build.

Sweet. I can wait.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Defending timed exclusivity on one side by moving the goal posts to fit under the "another platforms retail release" goal posts is "console warz stuff" in itself.

It is a demo. Money isn't exchanged for it. No difference in retail content.

There's no goal post moving here.
We've had threads about exclusive betas before without any trouble. I don't recall seeing you complain about Any of those in the past.
The only thing being 'defended' here is common sense.

OP
OP
lowhighkang_LHK
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't know why people are giving Xbox the exclusivity issue. First, its a demo. Secondly, other demos will be coming to other consoles shortly thereafter. This is like, the weakest of the weakest exclusives you can get. People acting like it's another Rise of the Tomb Raider thing going on here.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seen that demo too many times, I might as well have played it.

Hopefully the PS4 demo will be focused on Dante.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
A demo of such an old build was something that wound up being rather inconsequential when more recent ones will be available to everyone.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Capcom probably need to give xbox this demo as an exclusive because most of the sales will be on PS4 anyway so there's no need for a demo there

:P

Now i am waiting for the raging replies

/S

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looking forward to playing this later. Son will be hyped.

Feel like people are stretching with thus one. This is not exclusive content for the main game it's a demo. It's like Microsoft aren't allowed to do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I care that they secured an exclusive demo. It's pretty lame to go on record multiple times decrying the practice of securing 3rd party exclusive things/depriving other platforms of some 3rd party thing, then turning around and doing it, though.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Btw the rumour from a year ago stated that there would be a partnership between dmcV and sony but it seems microsoft is the one securing the deal. So how come?

*please notice im not trying to console war here, but more like asking in term of business competition and ip partnership*