• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox confirms it holds exclusive rights to the shoot mechanic for 30 days in the next FIFA.

Hyped to play the demo, game looks great.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Btw the rumour from a year ago stated that there would be a partnership between dmcV and sony but it seems microsoft is the one securing the deal. So how come?

*please notice im not trying to console war here, but more like asking in term of business competition and ip partnership*
DMC has been an Xbox joint since 4

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Btw the rumour from a year ago stated that there would be a partnership between dmcV and sony but it seems microsoft is the one securing the deal. So how come?

*please notice im not trying to console war here, but more like asking in term of business competition and ip partnership*

Guess Sony went for RER2 instead.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
LOL. People so salty over Phil Spencer's "hypocrisy" for an exclusive demo which will eventually come to the other console.

Cry some more.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not have multiplatform games have exclusives of any sort, unless of course it's tied to a console's specific featurs (eg. the Kinect support in some games on Xbox in the past), but yeah, this is the first free demo for an imminent game, not as bad as having to wait for DLCs or certain content cut out altogether. But yeah, it'd be better if it never happened at all. Still, I'm curious about this demo, I haven't played that much of the DMC saga (4 is the only one I finished, once, and I think I did so on Easy or Normal) but this looks very stylish and modern.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Because the rumor was wrong? There is plenty of marketing money to go around, no one company is going to sign up everything, and these marketing deals seem to work with the right games. Both Sony and MS are going to make deals that they feel fit a strategic need.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Have people forgotten how Xbox or PC didn't get a single Monster Hunter World beta, yet PS4 got 3 beta tests.

It makes perfect sense for Xbox to get something like this considering they've partnered with Capcom to market this game. Plus you already have confirmation that your getting a DMC5 demo at some point in the future, which is something Xbox and PC players didn't get for MHW, so chill.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And people thought/hoped the actual game would be exclusive on PS4, lol. This seems to be a Capcom thing, get the marketing rights and get a demo.

Nov 3, 2017

As seemingly commented everywhere regarding this, DMCV for XBOX (not sure why it's not particularly American and Character Action Games don't seem like a thing there, probably looks prettier though and they want to show that off with the flashy combos) and RE2 for PS4 (makes sense as it's a longtime of there, even if I feel like it would probably fit better on XBOX)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that demos are just part and parcel of Capcom's marketing deals, since it happened with RE7 and MHW on PS4.

Still think it's a bit daft, personally, but whatever.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think what some of you are purposely missing is the fact that it's a multiplatform game when it releases, so having an exclusive demo is dumb. It always HAS been dumb. It was dumb when it was Monster Hunter World, it was dumb when it was Resident Evil 7, and it's dumb now.

Like, I'm happy you guys with an Xbone get to play it and enjoy it, but are you really going to act like those of you who only had an Xbox weren't pissed in the aforementioned cases regarding MHW and RE7? The fact that the PS4 will get a demo down the line doesn't matter.

Multiplatform games should never have exclusive demos, regardless of the console.

Mexicant

Alt account
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Some of y'all are so pressed Xbox is getting anything lol.

Also acting like PS4 has never gotten exclusive demos...smh

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
It's not a big issue, really. Games like RE5 and RE7 had exclusive demos as well, there's nothing surprising about it anymore and there's no need to whine.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Phil say he'd never make another exclusivity deal again?

Don't be naive. Exclusivity deals will always happen with consoles. The demo and game will still come to the PS4 console.
I'm not being naïve, I know that exclusive deals will continue so as long as there's a gaming market to compete in with more than 1 player. As I said before, I was just explaining the view that some may hold who are upset about the exclusivity of the demo. Also why would Phil complain about a practice that Microsoft and himself have done and continue to do but cry foul when other players in the market do it? It's stupid.