• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

It's just crazy to see how well games sell on PC for Japanese developers. I'm sure lower royalty rates on PC storefronts compared to console are important as well.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smart. Day and date releases for PC please. The nonsense they pulled with Monster Hunter Rise and that special edition of Devil May Cry 5 has to stop.

Could also use better ports. Resident Evil Village is pretty disappointing with the DRM actively screwing with performance on PC.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It's good news for PC players but not the best climate for getting a wider gaming PC adoption rate right now. Still I can't complain.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
finally

the PC port we've all been waiting for

Devil_Kings.jpg

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
very very unlikely, unless they don't aim at low specs PCs
the gap on AAA games seems too big right now, at least in UK, which I suppose are the only ones to post numbers (they report physical + digital monthly if I remember right)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
the gap on AAA games seems too big right now, at least in UK, which I suppose are the only ones to post numbers (they report physical + digital monthly if I remember right)
Have you got a link to those UK numbers? Regardless the international market is very different, countries like Russia and South Korea heavily lean PC.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they still screwing over PC players with stuff like DMCV Special Edition then?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Maintain distribution rights, be wise with licensing deals in games, and launch in a friendly state with contemporary hardware that minimizes complications and you potentially have an infinite user base to sell to upstream, whereas console generations will risk cutting off access to consumers as future consoles leave behind backwards compatibility. Xbox might be kicking this notion to the curb going forward -- I certainly hope so.

I mean, PC does leave behind back compat but there's still a greater chance it lasts, even if it's by user mods. On PC, it almost "if there's a will, there's a way."

That said, I'm not even a PC gamer and that's where my thinking immediately goes. Ultimately, I think that's good for the consumer, but as other users have pointed out, Capcom really does need to consider the consumer end experience when it comes to DRM and general things that mess with performance and polish. Reputation for that sort of thing has become way more important in the PC space in the past 10 years or so. Capcom needs to solidify and maintain that they're all about the good end user experience and I think they're poised for big success in the PC space.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Also stop putting fucking double DRM in your games!
Even single DRM is fucking shitty for paying customers.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PC went from being a second thought 10 years ago, to basically having it all nowadays. Xbox games, Playstation games, Japanese games (I still can't believe every Yakuza and FF game is on PC).. good stuff.

One day Atlus is going to get the memo, too.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They don't care about the UK.

They care about Asia, where, outside of Japan, most console gaming is struggling to get a foothold.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Sure.

Will you fix the regional prices? Stop delaying the releases? Not releasing the updated version of the games on PC?

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Prove it then.

RE2/RE3 SOURCENEXT on Steam and you will convince me.

Dec 23, 2017
PC went from being a second thought 10 years ago, to basically having it all nowadays. Xbox games, Playstation games, Japanese games (I still can't believe every Yakuza and FF game is on PC).. good stuff.

Hopefully one day, I can put Dragon's Crown next to Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara in my Steam library. :)

cableboy

Jul 15, 2019
Cool, but please don't make me play through the next Resident Evil with stutters every time I fire my weapon.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The only way I can see that being likely is if most of their future software ends up being next-gen only on the supply constrained consoles and if Chinese PC players start playing more Capcom stuff.

Deleted member 10119

Banned
Aug 8, 2021

Get Nintendo on that list too while you are at it.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Right train of thought, just needs better execution which is more than a bunch of other publishers as is.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might want to stop making shitty PC versions then, Capcom. I always choose PC first, but you really screwed up RE Village.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Smart. Day and date releases for PC please. The nonsense they pulled with Monster Hunter Rise and that special edition of Devil May Cry 5 has to stop.

Could also use better ports. Resident Evil Village is pretty disappointing with the DRM actively screwing with performance on PC.

Weren't MHR and DMC5 both timed exclusives paid for by the platform holders?

Weren't MHR and DMC5 both timed exclusives paid for by the platform holders?
I think that they're referring to the fact that DMC5 SE wound up not getting released on PC at all. Rise is really more a case that the pandemic would have made it impossible to get a PC version out at the same time, given that the Switch version wasn't fully finished by the time it launched.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good news, Capcom ports are mostly great and this thread is wild. They also port everything, expect what DMC5 SE? Which they should but I mean other consoles aren't getting MHR or MHS

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine trying to explain the current state of the PC gaming market to gamers and analysts from ~15 years ago.