• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that money gets distributed across the whole top 32 rather than front loaded to the top 8 only.

EDIT:
Hopefully it'll be something like this (assuming it's 370k):

1st: 100k
2nd: 80k
3rd: 60k
4th: 34k
5th: 15k
7th: 8k
9th: 5k
13th: 3k
17th:1.5k
25th: 750

That all adds up to 370 I think across all 32 competitors.

Didn't knuckledu get over 200K alone last year? Guessing the vast majority will go to 1st again.

Hueytothe

Oct 25, 2017
They should keep the distribution with first getting a lot of money
that money changed Nuckledu's life.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should keep the distribution with first getting a lot of money
that money changed Nuckledu's life.

100k is still a life-changing FKton of money. Even something like 3k can do wonders for people. If guys like Dogura or Sako get 9th or 13th, having 3k or 5k can help a lot considering they have children to take care of.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be the day I stopped buying any costumes or DLC. I like buying exactly what I want. I have zero interest in playing the odds for the things I want. Capcom just needs to keep cranking out more costumes, characters, stage packs, and music packs and I'll buy them if they happen to be things I want. That lootbox shit can pass me by

I wouldn't mind lootboxes only if they can be bought with Fight Money.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I wouldn't mind lootboxes only if they can be bought with Fight Money.
I like a Gachapon system when it comes to in-game collectibles like illustrations, model viewers, OST and other minor stuff like that. I don't know how I feel about lootboxes even if they're FM exclusive and reasonably priced.

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think that's nearly what it should be. That's good the community is putting money into it.

The game should see an uptick with the AE release.

Might start playing this regularly soon. How much is it for all the characters?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
AE will be $40 with all S1-2 characters + their battle costumes
S3 will add 6 more and it will likely be $30 given their pricing with the new seasons with their battle costumes as well

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
AE will be $40 with all S1-2 characters + their battle costumes
S3 will add 6 more and it will likely be $30 given their pricing with the new seasons with their battle costumes as well

If you preorder at select retailers for physical PS4, you'll get:

- Game disc (with up-to-date patches)
- Season 1 Code
-- S1 characters: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, Urien
-- S1 characters' battle costumes
-- S1 characters default color set 3-10
-- PS4 theme: Chun Li
-- Air Force Base Stage
- Season 2 Code
-- S2 characters: Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, Zeku
-- S2 characters' battle costumes
-- S2 characters default color set 3-10
-- PS4 theme: Akuma
- 30th Anniversary costume pack (Guile, M. Bison, Ibuki, Karin)
- Nostalgia costume pack (Alex, Ibuki, Juri, Kolin, Akuma)

It's a great deal considering those two costume packs that preorder bonuses cost almost as much as this release by themselves.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I like a Gachapon system when it comes to in-game collectibles like illustrations, model viewers, OST and other minor stuff like that. I don't know how I feel about lootboxes even if they're FM exclusive and reasonably priced.
Capcom doesn't have the manpower, like an EA, WB, or Activision Blizzard, to pump out infinite amount of content to support a loot box system.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
If you preorder at select retailers for physical PS4, you'll get:

- Game disc (with up-to-date patches)
- Season 1 Code
-- S1 characters: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, Urien
-- S1 characters' battle costumes
-- S1 characters default color set 3-10
-- PS4 theme: Chun Li
-- Air Force Base Stage
- Season 2 Code
-- S2 characters: Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, Zeku
-- S2 characters' battle costumes
-- S2 characters default color set 3-10
-- PS4 theme: Akuma
- 30th Anniversary costume pack (Guile, M. Bison, Ibuki, Karin)
- Nostalgia costume pack (Alex, Ibuki, Juri, Kolin, Akuma)

It's a great deal considering those two costume packs that preorder bonuses cost almost as much as this release by themselves.
Sounds like an amazing deal. And finally we're getting an arcade mode!

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I don't think that's nearly what it should be. That's good the community is putting money into it.

The game should see an uptick with the AE release.

Might start playing this regularly soon. How much is it for all the characters?

Wait for the Jan Arcade Edition will be $40 for S1+2 chars, then prob $30 for S3.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
with kaz winning yesterday's tower of pride, i think he and dogura seems to be the hottest japanese players now
them and tokido are probably the favorites

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Go on and avenge yourself Punk.
HE'S WAITING
evo_tokido-1-817x320.jpg

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom will definitely add lootboxes to Street Fighter V sooner or later. It's only a matter of time.

The Chun Li costumes seem to be funding SFV just fine.

Also Bamco tried a loot system with arcade Vanilla Tekken 7, all the Japanese players hated it, resulting in being redone for Fated Retribution and scrapped entirely for home version.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the FGC will receive lootboxes well, even if cosmetic. NRS games are probably the only fighters that could get away with it.

Remember, remember the lessons of Street Fighter cross Tekken.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1.2 mil for the S1+S2 chars. It was someone who was saying buy it now and unlock the characters before S3 comes out.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
You can only really get one season worth of characters this way, though.

True. After that you do have to actually start playing the game a decent bit, either online or offline. But they do keep adding new content every season too. So there might be additional modes coming that help earn more content later on.

You wont be able to get all 5 seasons worth of content just by playing Story mode and stuff for a few hours. But At the very least. It allows you to save up FM and only spend them for the characters you like.

Its better than the SSF4 system where you had to buy the expansion even if you really just wanted one character in the entire list.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I'll be there watching Punk try to take Tokido down.

Not even thinking about the players, I'd take an Akuma Costume over a Karin one for the champion's costume.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
How did Ricki qualify? She hasn't been that active this year has she? Was she next in line after KnuckleDu dropped out? Or is this because she got 2nd last year?