• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the one time they did a double FM weekend for ranked matches?

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only good thing about this is that we never have to hear "well you can earn FM though (insert all the stuff people used to say when this FM thing gets brought up)-" again because all of that is going away.

Not sure if you read the blog post properly or if you are over reacting (again) but you can still earn Fight Money - it's just becaome more conservative because of then giving away too much in the AE Edition. We still don't know what we get in Extra Battle with that "Golden Soldier", character levels or if they increased online FM yet.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Call me a cynic, but SFV's most high profile season is coming up. Of course they're reducing ways to make Fight Money.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
With that said, if this is a dealbreaker for people who were planning to jump in with AE, then maybe most weren't planning to jump in anyway, AE is still a great package for newcomers.
Well I said "jump back in" which means that I have the base game so I wasn't planning to buy AE since vanilla SFV will get updated to AE anyway (without the new characters ofc).

But it's a matter how I plan to spend my gaming time and with the old FM system (even if I hated it), it at least felt like I was getting something back, even tho the SP offerings weren't good, which is why I wanted to jump back in with AE and those new arcade modes (at the time I thought Arcade mode = new way to earn more FM). But with this new system it feels like they wanna limit FM to the point that most players would just use it for Extra Battle and I'm honestly not so thrilled about the specifics of that mode (4 challenges per month = one rotating costume) so I don't see any reason to stick around and play the game anymore than I already have.

I'll probably just install it down the line and go through those arcade modes a few times and then delete it again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
There's a Regina costume? For which character? I hope for Cammy, it has to be Cammy, right?

Also, cute avi! :p

I didn't pick this avi lol I lost a bet.
But Regina was one of the costumes supposedly datamined.
I'd figure it'd have to be Cammy or Juri. Since they'd most likely go for a slimmer character with a skin tight suit.
Can't really see her working on any of the other characters unless perhaps the new Female added in Season 3.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't earn FM by completing the weekly Extra Battle missions for the costume: you spend FM in every attempt to complete it. Players with 0FM won't be able to participate in Extra Battle.

In Extra Battle you only will earn FM by completing the Golden Shadaloo soldier challenge that will appear "every few weeks", won't be always available there. And as seen in the screenshot, to participate in the Golden Shadaloo soldier challenge you'll also need to spend FM so players with 0FM won't be able to participate.

This means that once players spent the FM they earned by leveling up their characers by playing the character story prologues (and Survival maybe?), if they have 0FM they only will be able to earn FM by winning online matches and then to bet this FM in Extra Battle Golden Shadaloo soldier. Which really sucks for non-skilled players.

I guess you missed the part where you get at least 5K per week for doing absolutely nothing in the missions except going into a menu or fighting the CPU on Easy on a certain stage.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well I said "jump back in" which means that I have the base game so I wasn't planning to buy AE since vanilla SFV will get updated to AE anyway (without the new characters ofc).

But it's a matter how I plan to spend my gaming time and with the old FM system (even if I hated it), it at least felt like I was getting something back, even tho the SP offerings weren't good, which is why I wanted to jump back in with AE and those new arcade modes (at the time I thought Arcade mode = new way to earn more FM). But with this new system it feels like they wanna limit FM to the point that most players would just use it for Extra Battle and I'm honestly not so thrilled about the specifics of that mode (4 challenges per month = one rotating costume) so I don't see any reason to stick around and play the game anymore than I already have.

I'll probably just install it down the line and go through those arcade modes a few times and then delete it again.
Honestly, had you done the weekly missions ever since they were released you'd have amassed about 360k FM or even more by now (I'm excluding some rare weeks where you could earn up to 11k and some other 500 fm missions), plus Capcom has been giving away more than 100k FM in total between login bonuses and performing easy tasks during some tournaments. This past weekend they just gave away like 24k FM.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
They had to fuck something up.
I don't think the level up system will balance with the amount lost from SP modes. I planned to buy SF AE + S3 pass for PC when it launched, but now I will probably stick with the PS4 version and win some FM while I can.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's on Capcom for not properly explaining every avenue for earning FM in SFVAE, if there any more anyway. They have the gall to mention winning online matches, so I'm guess there's really not much else to do.

I guess when you think about it this change was inevitable. New AE owners were going to benefit way too much from two years worth of earnable FM. Two years where they obviously never supported the game in any way. It was going to defeat the entire purpose of Capcom's DLC plans.
New AE players won't have the 30K FM give aways they did from time to time, all the FM we earned in weekly missions or the stuff they gave away to say "I'm sorry" for the troubled launch. I think it was enough.

In addition to the Season 3 characters, the game has a ton of costumes, colors, stages and so on that can be earned with FM. So let's say that with the pre-AE system after playing 10 or 20 hours they earned 600K and after that they need to farm every week. Maybe they have enough to get the S3 characters with that, but there is going to be still a lot of costumes, colors and stages to buy or unlock, S4 and S5 characters, and extra paid-only DLC including more stages, costumes, colors and also music packs, titles, etc.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cross-posting:

I still haven't bought Season 2. Part of me wants to so I can farm those characters for FM while I can. Part of me just wants to stop supporting the game entirely.

Part of the value of a Season's worth of characters is (was) the FM you can earn from them.

Being able to obtain more than one or two Season 3 characters for free is going to be impossible for most people.

Also, buy our $4 costumes,

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad I dun got the vanilla version of the game. afaik I never had a game with a patch that drastically changed the base game I paid for, for better or worse! I mean all of the new content thats come since launch and continues to come is surely for the better! Still kinda crazy when I think about buying a game an then ending up with a completely different one down the line with no way to go back O.o;

This makes it unnecessary to play Survival at all to earn FM. That's one of the good points.
That does sound like a positive!

You are getting:

- 6 different arcade modes
- New ways to earn FM on top of challenges
- Free monthly costumes from popular series

Calm down.
Just cause I'm hyper doesn't mean I'm not calm! Arcade Modes whats bringing me in after all! I'm just accepting even more that I'll never have anything more than the Base/S1/S2 characters! Like, I'm not booting the game every week or even month ta do challenges or whatever. I'ma randomly play through whatever single player stuff now an again an that'll be that. If they ever someday release a complete package I'll almost certainly pick it up. Par for the course with me an fighting games!

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Injustice 2's system for unlocking stuff is even worse! I mean you have to play Injustice 2 to unlock anything when you could have been playing SFV instead. Yeowch
I don't get it.

You play InJ2 to unlock new stuff.
You play SFV to get FM (very limited amount after AE drops) and then use that FM to unlock new stuff.

In both cases you need to play the game to unlock new things, but in case of InJ2 you unlock new stuff at a faster rate (tho I have to admit there are a bunch of useless stuff in there) and InJ2 at least has a lot of SP contents for someone like me to play.

SFV plays way better (imo) but I'm just tired of dealing with Capcom bs and their (soon to be downscaled) FM system so I'm moving on. How is that hard to understand?

Honestly, had you done the weekly missions ever since they were released you'd have amassed about 360k FM or even more by now (I'm excluding some rare weeks where you could earn up to 11k and some other 500 fm missions), plus Capcom has been giving away more than 100k FM in total between login bonuses and performing easy tasks during some tournaments. This past weekend they just gave away like 24k FM.
I don't play online, period. I looked at those missions and most of the ones with higher rewards were online related, so that's a no go for me as well.

Good point. With the arcade mode in, and single VS CPU already in the game, there is literally no reason on Earth to ever play Survival again.
Colors.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Well this kind of sucks. I hope there is a fair balance to the FM changes. Removing it from so many modes then only to include it in VERY few modes doesn't sit well with me. Online play should reward more FM on its own IMO. Just booted the game up hoping to get enough FM for Sakura on release but this news bummed me out :(.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We don't know if Capcom is going to increase FM payouts or increase the amount of Targets available each week. Until we know that there's no reason to freak out.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I better get to grinding out the DLC characters before AE releases.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen how much experience you get for arcade modes? If it's decent I could definitely grind that out at least.

It could be okay. If you still get experience points out of doing character stories, easy survival and trials and whatnot, you're still getting a decent amount of FM. For instance, when you finish a character story with a new character, you get 2K in FM, but you get so many experience points that you get an additional 8K FM from the levels you gained. If that stays true in AE, you'd be getting 8K in FM from every character story instead of 10K, which is not too bad. The blog post seems to indicate this is true, since that would be a total 224K, in line with the 200K number the post mentioned.

This is a now semi-dead tutorial I had made:

Y9Pk1fN.png

If the level up stuff stays, it won't be too bad.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd figure it'd have to be Cammy or Juri. Since they'd most likely go for a slimmer character with a skin tight suit.

Yeah, me too, that's why I hope it's Cammy as I don't play Juri (or anyone else for that matter lol)

I didn't pick this avi lol I lost a bet.

I'm aware, it's still very cute though! xD
(and without sarcasm I think it really fits you, I mean everyone already knows you're "the Dino Crisis guy" anyway :p)

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't pay for a single Season 1 or 2 character, I bought the Deluxe Edition for 40 bucks to get them all. The FM I earned from all 12 of those characters playing through Survival, Story, Trials, etc, add up to WAYYYY more than an AE buyer can earn just buy getting the standard "1K per level" (which scales by the way so good luck when you're around Level 15 or so)
For what it's worth, to go from character level 30 -> 31 is 9,700 XP, 49 -> 50 is 51,700 XP, and 65 -> 66 is 193,500 XP. They don't even allow you to get XP in Battle Lounge, so I doubt that Capcom would allow you to grind a notable amount of XP in single player.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just pretend like you can only buy DLC characters with real money like every other fighting game. Problem solved.
I didn't have to buy any DLC characters for Street Fighter 4, and Super Street Fighter 4, both of which I paid $60 for. I have yet to buy SF5 due to Capcom trying to ship an early access version of the game two years ago at full price.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got some tips and tricks for certain characters survival hard modes? Namely Urien and Fang? Lol. I'm terrible at that mode.
Here's my advice for playing survival on hard, it works perfectly with every character:

Don't play that fucking garbage, man.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you read the blog post properly or if you are over reacting (again) but you can still earn Fight Money - it's just becaome more conservative because of then giving away too much in the AE Edition. We still don't know what we get in Extra Battle with that "Golden Soldier", character levels or if they increased online FM yet.
You need to straight up stop insulting others and telling us to calm down just because we don't share your view point in this thread. That's all I'll say about that because others will handle it.

And this is what you don't understand. I'll break it down.

You like to go online and fight others? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing regular Cinematic Story Mode? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing hard Cinematic Story Mode? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing regular Story Modes for characters? Coo! Here's FM!
You like doing trials for characters? Cool! Here's FM!
You like viewing demonstrations for characters? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing easy survival for characters? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing hard survival for characters? Cool! Here's FM!
You like doing Arcade Mode for characters? Cool! Here's FM!

These are options.

Everybody plays the game differently. Not everyone wants to do the same thing when they play a video game so you give people options to earn FM. The more options you have to earn the better. You do not, I can't stress this enough, need to be restricting the player to do certain things to gain FM. It's one of the reasons many people hated SFV because Capcom tried to restrict them to modes that weren't Arcade Mode and they like Arcade Mode. It's one of the reasons why people were crapping on Survival because they hate that mode. It's one of the reasons why people didn't do the weekly trials and all that other stuff to earn FM, it's not them.

It doesn't matter if they explain Extra Battle Mode or not because they are restricting what they want the player to do in the game to earn FM. It's the same thing they did with not including Arcade Mode because they thought people didn't want to play it. There's no such thing as having too many options for the player when it involves the player grinding to earn it. You grind and you earn it through whatever you like your way because at the end of the day you're playing the game. As long as you play the game you're free to earn the FM you've gained and also free to use that FM however you choose. That's how it should be because again, you are playing the game. You are fighting. You win. You get FM. It should be common sense.

Capcom doesn't get it. If you don't get it after this then God bless.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have to buy any DLC characters for Street Fighter 4, and Super Street Fighter 4, both of which I paid $60 for. I have yet to buy SF5 due to Capcom trying to ship an early access version of the game two years ago at full price.

But you had to buy both those for $120 total. You buy AE for $40 and never have to buy SFV again. If you're comparing it to SF4 you still have $80 bucks to spend before it's "worse" than SF5 and that's totally optional this time since you can earn it ingame.

It's amazing how many people are upset at the SF5 system when you get more for less.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was thinking of getting Season 2 from the PSN sale and getting back into the game. Fuck that. Capcom gonna Capcom...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You had to buy an entirely new version of the game for $40 when Super came out, then $20 more for the AE update and I think even $20 more for the Ultra update, you were essentially paying for DLC, plus with that model you were left out of the new modes and gameplay balances until you decided to pay to upgrade. Come on! In SFV someone who hasn't purchased shit and only has the original disc and 16 characters will still be able to play online with the latest gameplay balance patch for the whole lifespan of the game.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need to straight up stop insulting others and telling us to calm down just because we don't share your view point in this thread. That's all I'll say about that because others will handle it.

Uhhh what? Nowhere did I insult anyone in this thread. Telling someone to calm down isn't insulting them. Who will handle what? This is hilarious. Also, the remainder of your post absolutely makes no sense so I won't reply to it.

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But you had to buy both those for $120 total. You buy AE for $40 and never have to buy SFV again. If you're comparing it to SF4 you still have $80 bucks to spend before it's "worse" than SF5 and that's totally optional this time since you can earn it ingame.

It's amazing how many people are upset at the SF5 system when you get more for less.
I didn't say I wasn't buying SF5 AE. I'm considering it. I'm just not a fan of how they launched SF5.