• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Good, they're making the right call.

Hoping they take the time to make sure the replacement is musically better as well

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Good. Glad to see they didn't take long to send an statement regarding this and also confirming they'd fix it.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely fast and appropriate reaction by Capcom.

Good good. I'm proud of the fanbase not standing for that shit as well.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
The actual statement per the article for anyone who can't open it at the moment:
Capcom said:
The music was recorded for the game before the incident came to light and we were unaware of the incident until now. However, as we are now aware of the current situation, Capcom has decided that moving forward, we will not further highlight the Dante battle theme for promotional purposes at this time. We are also currently evaluating what options are possible for the full game at this point, which is dependent on various factors such as resources.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good shit, Capcom. Given the short notice, I'd be okay with just having the vocals redone by ShootieHG (the instrumental is salvageable, at least). But if Capcom can whip up a new theme before the game goes gold, they can go ahead.

Last edited:

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
They already have the old themes in the Digital Deluxe edition. Just give Dante Lock & Load as his standard theme and call it a day.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And nothing of value was lost.

That grooming fuck deserves the biggest slap.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well done Capcom. Will buy this game day one deluxe edition, just remove that trash.

Last edited:

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I honestly wonder what they can do in time. Music is very difficult to make, and even having another artist come in at this point, get a good Dante theme, and have it implemented in the game might be a lot to ask in less than six months. Hopefully the fan base will be forgiving if they have to release the game with the Suicide Silence song in it until the new one is ready.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they will unlock the selectable battle tracks outside of the Deluxe Edition so that Dante's theme can be freely replaced.
That seems like a good solution, no?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Good on Capcom for listening instead of just trying to shrug it off.

First and foremost, because of the allegations.

But I'm not gonna lie, that song is just really fucking bad aswell.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What an insanely fast turnaround on this whole situation. Yesterday we hadn't even heard the track nor were we expecting a music video to drop.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Awesome, quick response from Capcom. Hope there is something that can realistically be down.

Also big shout out to Patrick Klepek for his hard work and taking this straight to Capcom.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, good, good.
Now literally just slap this on and call it a day.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Can't they just go back to the DMC3/4 dudes. I thought it was the same group for this but it turns out not.