1. brandonh83

brandonh83

Just

I'm ready

I'm just fucking READY son

2. Plumpbiscuit

Plumpbiscuit
    Banned Member

Choosing a fixed camera/over-the-dudebro's-shoulder camera angle when selecting a new game will. Once selected you are stuck with that until you start a new game.

3. ShinUltramanJ

ShinUltramanJ

They’re finally announcing RE7 VR mode for PC!

4. InsaneTiger

InsaneTiger

Legit hype

5. Arion

Arion

I wonder how this remake will end up. Fixed camera, third person or first person. I'm hoping for third person camera personally.

6. Plumpbiscuit

Plumpbiscuit
    Banned Member

Shit, I just realised RE7 also has typewriters. This might actually be a VR announcement, which would be a kick in the teeth considering the 20th anniversary.

7. Why would having the option of the traditional view and FPV be bad?

8. Id absolutely kill if the compilation was Mercenaries.
    That would also be a great counter to balance REmake 2's classic gameplay.

9. Cheez

Cheez

Can't fucking wait.

Please don't be first person or over-the-shoulder (unless they were somehow able to make them optional)

10. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator OP

This was brought up in an older thread. But whatever this is could line up with a Game Informer March Cover Reveal as well.
    Ben probably getting the scoop like he did with Mega Man reveal and GI cover issue there. While Tim Turi is hooking them up.

11. Wanderer5

Wanderer5

It did? It had cassette recorders for saving.

There should be news for the VR soon through. Maybe this tease is both for that (the finger) and RE2make (the typewriter).

12. HStallion

HStallion

Because they would have to design and build two very different games to do so

13. giancarlo123x

giancarlo123x

Let's fucking go!

14. HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman

My God, I'm so stoked for the return of RE2. Fingers crossed for insanely detailed, pre-rendered/FMV backgrounds ala REmake/RE0 as opposed to full 3D.

15. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

those are two completely different styles of encounter design. what you can do in one perspective can be made completely trivial or insanely difficult in another perspective.

16. This is true.

17. Foffy

Foffy

They'd probably be better off following that easter egg in one of RE5's DLCs that enabled a fixed camera.

Going from fixed views to first person views sounds terrible. Fixed views to over-the-shoulder views sounds much more palatable, but this means that every cool aspect of RE7 would not be in REmake 2.

That said, as we're talking about a pre-RE4 title, it should absolutely stay in gameplay conventions of pre-RE4.

18. BioXCrisis

BioXCrisis

remake 2 and the compilation is 4-6 on switch i think, or they finally got resi 7 engine running on switch.

what if the compilation is dino crisis because of that one jaw tweet

19. TRUE ORDER

TRUE ORDER

Just announce the game already!!

20. Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Most likely. RE 7 engine is really good. I just hope it's not fps or tps game.

21. Tace

Tace

I don’t know if my body is ready to finally see the RE2 Remake in action. I love classic RE the most, and I still can’t believe this got green lit.

Please still be classic style. Stick to your guns Capcom

22. brandonh83

brandonh83

RE2 is my favorite Eeeeevil and tbh I don't give a damn what perspective it's in just as long as they capture the atmosphere and essence of the original. As RE7 proved, at least to me, first person is fine for the series. It was still claustrophobic and super atmospheric, and you can do every mechanic traditional RE is known for in first person.

If it's a third person more action type game, the same more or less applies. You can do great atmosphere in third person, as the earlier parts of RE4 demonstrated. It doesn't have to have tanks and yakuza zombie motorcycle chases to justify that kind of angle.

Finally, if it's like the first remake with the traditional views, ya know, that works too.

Essentially, don't fuck up the execution and I'm good.

23. RS1984

RS1984

My guess on what the announcement will be...

Resident Evil: The Original Trilogy. RE1 (most likely Directors Cut), RE2, and RE3 sold together in their original low polygon glory. Released on PS4, XB1, Switch, and Steam.

Followed by...

Resident Evil Remake 2 teaser trailer.

24. Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Won't work too well like that. Kind of made mgs twin snakes too easy by implementing a fp view.

25. vermadas

vermadas

Hope so! Proper tracked controller support would be nice too.

26. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

I hope RE8 is in development alongside RE2 Remake

27. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator OP

Someone made a good point about perhaps being a live stream similar to Mega Man.

RE7 would be getting VR for PC
    RE ports for switch and others
    RE2make reveal.

That's enough content for their own show.

28. January 21st my friend.

29. Truant

Truant

Would be awesome if it was announced and released in january.

30. MrCarter

MrCarter

That would be too soon imo.

31. brandonh83

brandonh83

Seriously if Capcom delivers on RE2 remake, DMC, Mega Man 11, I'll be pretty content for a while with them.

32. MrCarter

MrCarter

MHW looking pretty great too.

33. This is true. I admit I didn't realize how inconsistent the gameplay would be with two different views.
    Also I prefer Twin Snakes to the original. Sue me! lol

34. Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank

If REmake 2 looks underwhelming I'll be legit depressed for like a month.

Just PLEASE don't fuck it up Capcom.

35. brandonh83

brandonh83

Yeah. It's not my thing, I've tried to get into the series so many times and played the beta for this, but it'll be a hit with the fans I think.

36. SFJ

SFJ

Oh man, it would be awesome to have a couple Resident Evil: Legacy Collections on modern consoles.

37. HarryDemeanor

HarryDemeanor

So the dummy finger unlocks the hidden REmake 2 demo.

38. dawgparty

dawgparty

So hype for this. RE2 is my absolute favorite RE, one of my favorite games of all time. Still super disappointed they didn't go with Alyson Court. Hopefully Claire doesn't look like Ellen this time around.

39. TRUE ORDER

TRUE ORDER

Yep, I know, it's been so long since the announcement and no news whatsoever that sunday can't come soon enough.

40. What makes it infamous ?

41. Rolodzeo

Rolodzeo

REmake 2, come to papa.

42. brandonh83

brandonh83

A big must for me is that the game keeps the multiple scenarios, or at least features content somehow from all four. That was one of the biggest joys of the original game.

Like you obviously can't NOT have the Birkin fight on the train, or the Mr. X shit like that awesome surveillance room sequence. I need it all.

43. Kraq

Kraq

Never played RE2. Have to admit I'm pretty hyped on this one.

44. Eylos

Eylos

45. JEH

JEH

wtf is going on in that miguel twitter profile pic?

46. chandoog

chandoog

Ohh you absolutely should. Even if just for nostalgia's sake. Definitely give it a go.

47. brandonh83

brandonh83

People trying to figure out what to do with it in the RE7 demo for ages

48. You don't remember everyone flipping the hell out in the RE7 demo trying to figure out what it did?

People literally thought you maybe needed to stand near a heat source to melt it and a key would be inside.
    + plus a billion other theories

A physical version was included in the collectors edition as well.

49. BioXCrisis

BioXCrisis

I miss those demo speculation days

50. Crimm

Crimm

Quick note, both Matt and Miguel work in Osaka. Last I heard Matt was working on MHW. Which is coming out soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.