• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
That's a lot of big font. His points must be important. I for one will now listen to everything he has to say. Did you see how big that font got? Some of it was even in bold.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Reading the last posts from Dusk... HYPE!!

It gives me hope, it seems that Capcom has made a good job since the reveal 3 years ago... can't wait.

I really hope they threw some cash at Alyson Court so she can voice Claire.

Revelations 2 Claire wasn't bad but when Alyson voiced every Claire up until that point it sorta sticks with you.
Alyson herself told a fan that she wasn't going toice Claire, but who knows, maybe it will be a surprise.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I object to is completely irrelevant posts in a Resident Evil thread.
It's wholly relevant because you have posts like this one:
I doubt it. Sony doesn't usually pull that sort of thing, do they? Unless it's a SFV situation where they actually funded the game and it wouldn't exist without them, or wouldn't have existed for years. I don't think Sony have ever sunk to the level of what happened with RotTR.
Quite a few people genuinely believe that Sony would never pay to keep Resident Evil 2 Remake off competing platforms. But they've done that kinda thing since they entered gaming. It's one of their oldest tactics, and it's worked really well for them in ensuring certain IPs have this vague "I associate that with Sony" feeling from fans. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but they do it. Repeatedly. (And some of the same people who did it when they worked for Sony went on to do it when they worked for Microsoft.) I don't believe that RE2 Remake will be exclusive. Capcom seem quite intent on multiplatform development, although they did make RE7 VR an exclusive of indefinite length. But if it is some kind of timed exclusive, people need to understand the oft-glossed over history of Sony paying to keep games off platforms they're competing with.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
There was a rumour floating around that RE2 Remake's DLC will be a stripped down version of RE3. I wouldn't put too much faith in 4chan rumours, though.
It would be good just to play it sooner but I think that it shouldn't be reduced to a mere DLC. It deserves the full remake treatment.

I hope it's by Microsoft because their conference is first.
Well, Dusk said that it was going to happen very soon, maybe it is a hint for Ms conference...

Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up with this thread and Dusk saying that you can choose between OTS and fixed camera angles is fantastic news. Wonder if they keep tank controls too for long time fans.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It deserves the full remake treatment, but I think regardless it wont get it so I'd accept a Nemesis DLC episode.
The rumour was that the DLC will take place after Jill has been cured. So after the Clock Tower, BTW. But even if that's true at the moment, it could change. Capcom are not strangers to tossing out work and starting over again.
It'll get remade if this sells well.
Literally If anyone wants RE3make, they need to buy RE2make or pray it sells well.
I want RE3 Remake, but I am sceptical that Capcom would view RE3 as worthy of a big budget standalone remake. RE3 has a following, me included, but it didn't attain RE2's mass market appeal where they can point to it and say, "This has Leon and Claire and it's a game classic audiences remember and new audiences will find familiar and comfortable." RE2 is a really popular game. RE3 is a little bit of a black sheep.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Rise of the Tomb Raider was initially announced with no platforms mentioned, it's plainly obvious it was being made for them all before MS jumped in and paid to keep it off of PS4 for a year (and PC for several months). They didn't fund it, they made up for the lost profit from PS4 sales. As I said, when have Sony done this? All I can recall, at least recently, was stuff like SFV that they actually funded from the start, so it wouldn't have been made without them (and they still allowed a PC release), and things like Destiny where PS4 owners got an extra strike (which still sucks).

MS did all the marketing for the game and also published it. ROTR was part of Greatest Xbox lineup promotional programme as well. You need to do more research.

Sony doing exclusivity deals way more this gen with Destiny, SFV and now DmC 5 than MS.

This was opposite last gen .

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The title is a reference to a comment on Reddit. I think it's either from a character designer or someone who has seen the character models. We don't have images of the models yet, no.
Really? Haha

Well in that case

b6c.gif

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they basically have to make two different games in one game for this to work well.

It's the best possible thing they could have done regarding this project.

I've no doubt in my mind that both options will be unique and thrilling.

These posts make me think the game has a bigger budget than I originally thought it would. Still sceptical, but that's just me protecting myself.

It's huge. On par with RE7.

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS did all the marketing for the game and also published it. ROTR was part of Greatest Xbox lineup promotional programme as well. You need to do more research.

Sony doing exclusivity deals way more this gen with Destiny, SFV and now DmC 5 than MS.

This was opposite last gen .
We should probably let the subject lie and focus on RE for the present. If the game turns out to have some exclusivity baggage, then cross that bridge when it comes. In the meantime, fantasize about how good RE2 Remake is going to be.
It's the best possible thing they could have done regarding this project.

I've no doubt in my mind that both options will be unique and thrilling.
It's the best of both worlds and MAJOR kudos to Capcom for tackling such an incredible design challenge. This could mean huge things for the game's audience appeal. If they nail classic RE horror and Rev2-style modern OTS RE horror in one game, they're spanning the RE demographic. This is the game that could appeal to so many people. It could be THE entry point for people interested in the series.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rumour was that the DLC will take place after Jill has been cured. So after the Clock Tower, BTW. But even if that's true at the moment, it could change. Capcom are not strangers to tossing out work and starting over again.

I want RE3 Remake, but I am sceptical that Capcom would view RE3 as worthy of a big budget standalone remake. RE3 has a following, me included, but it didn't attain RE2's mass market appeal where they can point to it and say, "This has Leon and Claire and it's a game classic audiences remember and new audiences will find familiar and comfortable." RE2 is a really popular game. RE3 is a little bit of a black sheep.

RE3 has never been a black sheep and Jill is infinitely more popular than Claire and even Leon.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It'll get remade if this sells well.
Literally If anyone wants RE3make, they need to buy RE2make or pray it sells well.
Well, to be fair, RE2 is quite popular among the first trilogy of games, so I really hope it's well received (going by what Dusk said, wouln't worry about it ) and sells a fair amount of copies.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE3 has never been a black sheep and Jill is infinitely more popular than Claire and even Leon.
The game saw a dip in sales compared to RE2. Not on the same level as Code Veronica, but a notable decline. Jill is great, but the modern RE audience (whose first game was typically RE4) doesn't recognise Jill as strongly, if at all. She's that character from RE5 with the mind control device between her breasts. These fans look at RE2 and they see Leon. Everyone knows Leon and his fabulous hair. I guess this does come back to the demographic split in the RE fanbase. But where you or I had our first encounter with Chris and Jill in RE1 or Remake, for many people, Resident Evil 5 was the first time they met the characters. RE3 isn't as strongly connected to the modern mainline games. Jill was great in RE: Revelations, but that sold significantly less than the mainline games.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Mmmm... as much as I like Jill, she's my favorite character from the series but her absence from the last games hasn't done much. We barely know what happened to Jill after the events of RE5... sigh, I really hope she returns soon.

I'd say that Leon is equally popular to be fair, he's on all the CG movies and the last couple of games.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seeing as Microsoft is apparently revealing 15 games at their press conference chances are that Remake 2 is one of them.

Would be awesome if they just showed a gameplay trailer and said it was available now.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Seeing as Microsoft is apparently revealing 15 games at their press conference chances are that Remake 2 is one of them.

Would be awesome if they just showed a gameplay trailer and said it was available now.
They could make a demo available, going by what Capcom did with RE7. Just a few hours to know more...

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game saw a dip in sales compared to RE2. Not on the same level as Code Veronica, but a notable decline. Jill is great, but the modern RE audience (whose first game was typically RE4) doesn't recognise Jill as strongly, if at all. She's that character from RE5 with the mind control device between her breasts. These fans look at RE2 and they see Leon. Everyone knows Leon and his fabulous hair. I guess this does come back to the demographic split in the RE fanbase. But where you or I had our first encounter with Chris and Jill in RE1 or Remake, for many people, Resident Evil 5 was the first time they met the characters. RE3 isn't as strongly connected to the modern mainline games. Jill was great in RE: Revelations, but that sold significantly less than the mainline games.

RE2 had more years on the market and received a Platinum hits version, RE3 released at end of gen when players moving onto new consoles and the market had much more competition in the genre, including Capcoms own Dino Crisis.

Look at other games series and you'll see same pattern.

...and seriously, you're rewriting history, Jill has always been most popular character, has never stopped.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DAMN! So they're actually going for both over the shoulder and fixed camera angles and both modes are balanced accordingly in a lot of ways? And the pulled it off? Damn I am excited. I didn't think they'd go to such lengths of which is basically designing two VERY different gameplay experiences. That's a lot of planning and work. I can't wait to see this game.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
I do remember RE3 being overlooked at the time. Fans were more interested in RECV's (then only announced) move to full 3D.

It's no secret that RE3 began as a low budget side-project which grew due to scheduling requirements, and that lack of priority shows in the final product. It's damn good, just not as solid or iconic as RE1 or 2. That said, I'm sure Capcom will consider remaking 3.

If RE has a black sheep it's probably 6.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do remember RE3 being overlooked at the time. Fans were more interested in RECV's (then only announced) move to full 3D.

It's no secret that RE3 began as a low budget side-project which grew due to scheduling requirements, and that lack of priority shows in the final product. It's damn good, just not as solid or iconic as RE1 or 2. That said, I'm sure Capcom will consider remaking 3.

If RE has a black sheep it's probably 6.

The Mercenaries game in RE3 was one of my favorites. Me and a friend played it every day getting a bit better each time.

monome

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All I'll say is if you think the camera being choosable is ambitious, wait until you see the rest of this game. They've been working really hard the last three years on this game, I personally feel it'll come out great but the execution is important here.

I won't say any more than this until the reveal, but I'd suggest waiting for it before thinking too hard on the details. The reveal will be a more complete package of details than me saying stuff, and be better for it I figure too.

And while I posted this, the reveal is soon and again I would request not to let this spread too far, I think this would be best for most people to be surprised by in the very near future.
Your enthusiasm is boner inducing!

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted a Terminator game by Creative Assembly akin to Alien Isolation

REMake 2 demo in next few days pleeeease

Status
Not open for further replies.