• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

At first this doesn't seem like much. Though Capcom's Division 1 being in the US is rather odd (Since they all work in Japan). However once you starting looking at the image within the tweet. Things start to get more interesting.

DT1wA7XVQAEaxiX.jpg

First off the infamous Dummy Finger is hanging out on the window sill.
DT1zIBOX0AAu1h5.jpg

After that there's a mysterious black object. Which seems to be a typewriter.
underwoodchampionringszqrm.jpg

So due to them being in the US and the obviously purposeful angle of the shot. Something RE seems to be on the horizon. However things don't stop there.

Resident Evil 2's 20th Anniversary is in 3 days.

Between all of this and the recent other threads on the topic
(RE Social Media changes Logo) https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...nnels-all-change-their-logo-to-a-tease.16197/
(Empty space on RE banner) https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...e-getting-revealed-soon-possible-tease.14299/

It starting to feel more and more like something RE is coming. Whether it's an announcement for RE2make or more ports/features. Seems capcom might enjoy teasing their fans like this after the big community involvement they received from the RE7 demo. So what do you think? Is this going to far or is something on the horizon? I suppose there could always be the case of the dummy finger much like in the original demo being a red herring.....

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Resident Evil 2 is about to turn 20 years old.

Where did the time go ..

Also. Bring on a trailer or some screens ! WE DO IT !

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please keep the original voice saying Resident evil 2 when you press start at the main menu.

Columbina

Oct 25, 2017
This is huge. CAPCOM Division 1 has no reason going to the U.S. unless it's to have a direct word with CAPCOM U.S.A.
Something is coming.

I'm ready Capcom!

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe that voice actor did the "RE2" title announcement, notice his use of words "a different game compilation", which could suggest it's just one single game. Compilation has different meanings:

1. a compilation of documents

2. something compiled, as a reference [book]

It could be that "a different game" meaning REmake 2, compiled as a game. I would suspect he would have used "collection" instead of of "compilation" to describe a collection of games, no?

Anyway, I'm 99% sure this is REmake 2. It's bound to release this year, it's the 20th anniversary this week and it's from US which matches the 21st. If that black object is a typewriter that is more evidence. I really don't see Capcom doing a RE 1 - 3 "compilation" or remaster or whatever right after RE7 Gold and REmake 2 being in development.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Has to be RE2Make, with the 20th Anniversary on the horizon. I'd also be insanely hyped for an RE Classic collection. I love 1-3, and think they deserve a collection, ugly tho they may be. REmakes are pretty different from the originals, after all.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
There's no such thing as a singular, concrete "Biohazard/RE fanbase" anymore. Whatever Capcom decides to do with this, they're gonna rile a bunch of people up. Curious to see how they tackle it.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
When Capcom starts posting random dino figures jaw is going to go down an infinite rabbit hole.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited for this!! If they do show something on the 21st I hope it's more of a trailer and less of a teaser.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Give me REmake 2 styled like REmake 1 or don't even bother.

Don't fuck it up, Capcom. RE2 was hands down the best traditional RE game.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember the day I got the RE2 beta (with debug menu, no fms, only one disc and about 70% complete). That was a good 3-4 months before the game came out

The memories.. no one at university believed me I was playing RE2 so early :D

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looked into this a couple weeks ago and couldn't find a single Capcom Twitter account that follows that dev1_official account, so why do we assume it's legit without verification? The account itself was created in December.

Oct 28, 2017
god, the closer we get to the reveal the more nervous I get.
Please be like the traditional RE titles.... PLLLEEEAAASSSSSEEEE.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Has to be RE2Make, with the 20th Anniversary on the horizon. I'd also be insanely hyped for an RE Classic collection. I love 1-3, and think they deserve a collection, ugly tho they may be. REmakes are pretty different from the originals, after all.

Always must chime in to support this idea. Totally easy to get decent looking ports for the original PlayStation era games because of their PC versions. I believe everything is at 480p. The sourcenext windows version of biohazard/RE2 has all the extras and is on one disc. You could add some post processing and picture filters. Based on the old players guide, there must be tons and tons of concept and production art, I don't think we ever got a proper art book for the early games. With the anniversary we definitely should get some developer interviews, the first couple games have a tremendous legacy in the history of videogames. Could get some info on RE1.5. You could also easily ad wesker's report.

Just makes too much sense. You repackage Disney's Disney afternoon NES games. We get tons of Capcom NES era collections. There's a stellar Street Fighter collection across at least four arcade hardwares, and a Devil May Cry collection coming. It's time to preserve these Resident Evil games.

It shouldn't be easier to acquire the old ass Alone in the Dark games and run them on a modern PC, but that is the case.

Resident Evil 1-3 collection yesterday, please.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looked into this a couple weeks ago and couldn't find a single Capcom Twitter account that follows that dev1_official account, so why do we assume it's legit without verification? The account itself was created in December.

In my other thread someone verified it through capcom.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...soon-possible-tease.14299/page-3#post-2855744

Also Japanese twitter accounts don't often get verified for whatever reason.

Guess you can PM them if you want specifics.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that REmake 2 does well at launch to much acclaim and does justice to the original game without doing anything to hinder from the original feel being a remake from the ground up. It needs to be complimenting to what was made 20 years ago. I for one am excited they could be implementing a more modern engine but base it on the original's gameplay and improve the notoriously frustrating controls.

With regards to this tweet, it seems something is one the way indeed especially as Capcom seem to be preparing to show some sort of footage (seemingly updating their social media page logos) or whatever it may be regarding anything RE it is highly likely to be REmake 2 or potential switch ports of older titles. Personally excited because Resident Evil 2 was a brilliant survival horror game, one of the greatest entries in the series.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great catch everyone! Can't wait to see the reveal of whatever it is.

Always must chime in to support this idea. Totally easy to get decent looking ports for the original PlayStation era games because of their PC versions. I believe everything is at 480p. The sourcenext windows version of biohazard/RE2 has all the extras and is on one disc. You could add some post processing and picture filters. Based on the old players guide, there must be tons and tons of concept and production art, I don't think we ever got a proper art book for the early games. With the anniversary we definitely should get some developer interviews, the first couple games have a tremendous legacy in the history of videogames. Could get some info on RE1.5. You could also easily ad wesker's report.

Just makes too much sense. You repackage Disney's Disney afternoon NES games. We get tons of Capcom NES era collections. There's a stellar Street Fighter collection across at least four arcade hardwares, and a Devil May Cry collection coming. It's time to preserve these Resident Evil games.

It shouldn't be easier to acquire the old ass Alone in the Dark games and run them on a modern PC, but that is the case.

Resident Evil 1-3 collection yesterday, please.
tenor.gif

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's Resident Evil 2 Remake directed by Itsuno and featuring Dinosaurs?

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Give us an RE Classics Collection and Outbreak HD, please. And each comes with a different slice of a REmake 2 demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.