• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe a RE2 announcement and trailer, and then a demo similar to the RE7 demo with all those clues and things we all ran around hunting in that demo for for months! Maybe the finger is a hint they're going to do the same thing with the RE2 remake!!!!!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope RE2 Remake Claire gets her rodeo outfit from Revelations 2.

It's important for, uh, atmosphere.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
It'll definitely be out this fall if it's announced this week. Been in development for a while now.

One of the things Capcom does very, very well is when they announce big games -- especially Resident Evil titles -- they almost always come with a specified release date less than a year from announcement.

RE6 and RE7 had release dates within 365 days of their official announcements and reveals, which means they were released less than a year from being revealed. If they announce REmake 2, I would actually bet on it being out before the end of the year.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
One of the things Capcom does very, very well is when they announce big games -- especially Resident Evil titles -- they almost always come with a specified release date less than a year from announcement.

RE6 and RE7 had release dates within 365 days of their official announcements and reveals, which means they were released less than a year from being revealed. If they announce REmake 2, I would actually bet on it being out before the end of the year.

Yep. That'll be their big fall game.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
2718165-tumblr_mha9xkpuyt1qba4ipo1_500.gif

RE7 showed they can do the gore/dismemberment

Go all fucking in

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I definitely think they should keep with the gore.
Go back to having Japan with their own censored versions.
Lack of gore impacted RE5 and RE6

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really hope they will modernize the controls and the gameplay mechanics because after finished RE1 on ps4 I can say gameplay it's too much dated and frustrating for different reasons but mainly for the today standard.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they will modernize the controls and the gameplay mechanics because after finished RE1 on ps4 I can say gameplay it's too much dated and frustrating for different reasons but mainly for the today standard.

What do you mean by modernize? If you mean change the controls to be more like RE4, 5, or 6, you might as well be asking for a new RE game.

It needs to play like REmake or Zero, or it will be a flawed remake. It needs similar tank controls and camera perspectives. If it lacks these, then why are they even bothering remaking an old game instead of just making a new title starring Leon and Claire set in a city?

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
who is the main villain of RE 2?

Debatable, but I wouldn't really say it has one. It's really down to Birkin and Irons, but neither particularly dominates, despite Birkin getting way more screen time.

Birkin is definitely an asshole, but Irons is truly despicable. Honestly, he's probably one of the worst people in the entire franchise. But he's only in Claire's game.

I call a tie.

I wonder how "EVERYONE'S GONNA' DIE" will be acted.

Probably not as well, or at least as memorably.

For someone who's a relatively minor character in the series, Irons' delivery was gold.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What do you mean by modernize? If you mean change the controls to be more like RE4, 5, or 6, you might as well be asking for a new RE game.

It needs to play like REmake or Zero, or it will be a flawed remake. It needs similar tank controls and camera perspectives. If it lacks these, then why are they even bothering remaking an old game instead of just making a new title starring Leon and Claire set in a city?
I disagree completely. Gameplay mechanics had a reason at the time of the release. Today there is no more reasons of tank controls and other stuff unnecessary. It's a remake not a remaster. I have really tough time to finish RE1 even at lowest level of difficult. That's my opinion of course.
I hope in something like Shadow of the colossus remake.

Last edited:

ClubNorth

Banned for having an alt account
Jan 17, 2018
Well isn't William Birkin the inventor of the T-Virus that started it all.....dudes quite the evil guy

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Debatable, but I wouldn't really say it has one. It's really down to Birkin and Irons, but neither particularly dominates, despite Birkin getting way more screen time.

Birkin is definitely an asshole, but Irons is truly despicable. Honestly, he's probably one of the worst people in the entire franchise. But he's only in Claire's game.

I call a tie.
In the context of the game itself Birkin doesn't really come off as an asshole IMO, more of a tragic figure. The only real characteristic that is presented is that he is the type that obsesses over his work. He never comes off as an actual villain.

This of course all changes when you add stuff from other sources, especially Zero where he is painted as a real asshole.

Irons is the only evil character. But I kinda like that even he is mostly a greedy guy who goes crazy rather than being "just evil".

Well, I suppose it all depends if he really put his little dungeon to use before the city fell.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
You know you're old when RE2make is being announced in 3 days and all you can think of is "...it's been 20 years ??? D: "

(Why would it be a compilation though?)

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's crazy to see how divided RE fans are between classic adventure survival horror gameplay, over the top anime brawler third person shooter, and new wave first person horror. I hope we get all three, with a RER3 and REmake2.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
In the context of the game itself Birkin doesn't really come off as an asshole IMO, more of a tragic figure. The only real characteristic that is presented is that he is the type that obsesses over his work. He never comes off as an actual villain.

If you skip RE2's files, sure. But they go into detail about how he's in cahoots with Irons and that he has no qualms about killing the S.T.A.R.S. members (he literally instructs Irons to do it) to protect his work, fuelled purely by ego. He's definitely an asshole.

Irons is the only evil character. But I kinda like that even he is mostly a greedy guy who goes crazy rather than being "just evil".

Again, the files go into Irons' history, in particular highlighting rape accusations from his college days. He's pretty much always been irredeemable.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Capcom is on a roll and they're finally starting to do things right.

- SFV finally feels like a full game with AE.
- RE7 getting critically acclaimed.
- Monster Hunter World with 10 million on the beta.
- Soon to be announced DMC5.

The only stain they have right now is MvCI and they're willing to fix it just like SFV.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree completely. Gameplay mechanics had a reason at the time of the release. Today there is no more reasons of tank controls and other stuff unnecessary. It's a remake not a remaster. I have really tough time to finish RE1 even at lowest level of difficult. That's my opinion of course.
I hope in something like Shadow of the colossus remake.

REmake was a remake, and arguably, the best remake of a game ever made. It took all of the core aspects of the original game, and updated them with new features, themes, and mechanics, which complemented the original material, even if they changed some of it. It didn't get caught in a situation where it just looked prettier or changed too much, for it hit a middle way perhaps better than any other attempt at remaking a game I can think of. It wasn't a cosmetic remake like Ocarina of Time 3D or an entirely reimagined game like the Ys: Oath in Felghana, but really tried to keep to the original game while including enough newness to have players familiar with the original game left in unfamiliar situations.

Wanting REmake 2 to be like RE4, for example, is not wanting a remake, but a reimagining. People typically don't want a reimagining; the reason people asked for a remake of RE2 was because of how good REmake was and wanted to see 2, one of the most beloved games in the series, given similar treatment. If it doesn't play like REmake or Zero, it's lost one of the most central aspects that made the game what it was.

Besides, if you want a game themed like RE2 but plays like RE4, Daymare: 1998 looks to be exactly this. It originally started as an RE2 remake that played like RE4, but stopped when Capcom announced they were remaking RE2 themselves.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If you skip RE2's files, sure. But they go into detail about how he's in cahoots with Irons and that he has no qualms about killing the S.T.A.R.S. members (he literally instructs Irons to do it) to protect his work, fuelled purely by ego. He's definitely an asshole.

Again, the files go into Irons' history, in particular highlighting rape accusations from his college days. He's pretty much always been irredeemable.
I had to reread the file. It mostly is just Birkin saying that STARS need to be monitored and their investigation blocked.

I don't remember a file that referenced any rape but I might misremember (I do remember there being that stuff in the novel tho). What file was that?

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is on a roll and they're finally starting to do things right.

- SFV finally feels like a full game with AE.
- RE7 getting critically acclaimed.
- Monster Hunter World with 10 million on the beta.
- Soon to be announced DMC5.

The only stain they have right now is MvCI and they're willing to fix it just like SFV.
ye they also have mega man 11 coming and street fighter anniversary collection

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
I had to reread the file. It mostly is just Birkin saying that STARS need to be monitored and their investigation blocked.

I don't remember a file that referenced any rape but I might misremember (I do remember there being that stuff in the novel tho). What file was that?

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Mail_to_the_chief

It's deep into the game, but it does stress Birkin's willingness to condone murder if it benefits him and Umbrella, especially in the Japanese version.

And the file which pops out of the fax in the radio room details Irons' evil youth-

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Mail_to_Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.