• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
In case anyone wants to know capcom on their website has a list of all their games that have sold over one million units. It's currently correct as of June 30th, It'll definitely be updated soon to represent the latest quarter

www.capcom.co.jp

Platinum Titles |Product Data | CAPCOM

Titles which sold more than 1 million copies each are listed with videos and screen shots.

Oct 30, 2017
I still can't believe that Resident Evil 2 Remake exists at this incredible high level, truly outstanding how Capcom brought the fractured back to its greatness and it's inspiring the survival horror genre AGAIN.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Ace Attorney not being mentioned anywhere makes me worry about the series.
Capcom I would be fine even with a 4/5/6 collection, please!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
So happy to see Monster Hunter is a heavy hitter now. The next home console entry (PS5/Series/PC) is likely to be formidable with the funding that will be behind it now.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you RE2make for bringing back Horror games like Dead Space and Silent Hill as well. 😻

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
RE is a goddamn juggernaut, you love to see it in 2022.

I'm surprised there aren't any other Japanese studios that have attempted survival horror in forever outside Capcom and Tango, feels like money on the table at this point. Would love to see some competition in this space again. Who knows if Tango even wants to do that style anymore 🤷‍♂️

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I remember up until basically the exact moment Monster Hunter Rise was announced, a ton of people here (including some self-proclaimed sales gurus in the Japan sales thread we used to have!) were telling me that it was stupid to think that Capcom would make a Monster Hunter for Switch, why on Earth would they do that when MH World was so successful on consoles, if it was going to happen it would have happened already, give the copium a rest already and stop talking about it like it's a possibility. My answer was always simple: they're going to make MH on Switch because A) they have multiple MH teams so one team can work on it while another works on a MH World sequel and B) it would sell ten million copies.

I guess I was wrong, though. It sold eleven million copies.

Syraneia

Aug 8, 2022
Netherlands

I'm surprised there aren't any other Japanese studios that have attempted survival horror in forever outside Capcom and Tango, feels like money on the table at this point. Would love to see some competition in this space again. Who knows if Tango even wants to do that style anymore 🤷‍♂️

Here's hoping that upcoming Project Zero/Fatal Frame 4 remaster may lead to a resurrection of that franchise!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I remember up until basically the exact moment Monster Hunter Rise was announced, a ton of people here (including some self-proclaimed sales gurus in the Japan sales thread we used to have!) were telling me that it was stupid to think that Capcom would make a Monster Hunter for Switch, why on Earth would they do that when MH World was so successful on consoles, if it was going to happen it would have happened already, give the copium a rest already and stop talking about it like it's a possibility. My answer was always simple: they're going to make MH on Switch because A) they have multiple MH teams so one team can work on it while another works on a MH World sequel and B) it would sell ten million copies.

It's just a cycling argument.

First people said MHW was stupid to release on home consoles, then it was stupid to release MHR on portables because MHW success, I'm dead sure MHW2 will be stupid to release on home consoles because MHR succes on portables, and then MHR2 will be stupid to release on portables because.... You get me lol it's the curse of MH series.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's just a cycling argument.

First people said MHW was stupid to release on home consoles, then it was stupid to release MHR on portables because MHW success, I'm dead sure MHW2 will be stupid to release on home consoles because MHR succes on portables, and then MHR2 will be stupid to release on portables because.... You get me lol it's the curse of MH series.

I don't know. I don't see people acting like MH is going to be on Switch forever going forward to anywhere near the same extant that people were assuming MH would be on home consoles forever after MH World. In fact, I've never once seen someone suggest it. Most people seem to understand that a "World 2" for home consoles is probably coming.

Capcom had developed multiple subseries of MH games in parallel for years, but then MH World came out and all that went out the window and you were an idiot if you suggested that they would...continue to develop multiple subseries of MH games in parallel. It was wild. And I was hearing this from people who knew what a juggernaut MH on Switch would be and really should have known better. Never say that the thing that will obviously make a business gobs of money isn't going to happen because reasons.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All that RE money. Music to my ears. And people doubt Capcom will remake every RE game lol

I definitely see Capcom working with another trusted developer to expedite some RE projects. Only way we will see the remakes and the sequels the fans are dying for.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Well, I mean, on paper you aren't wrong, but in practice RE has always been a special case. No other horror series has ever had that kind of constant success. So I don't really fault Japanese publishers from that much since the past has always shown it to be a force largely unto itself without a lot of bleed off to other games in the genre. Now if all the SH revival stuff hits big, I could see more Japanese companies trying again.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter and Devil May Cry....

...I feel like there's a particular 5th pillar of Capcom's main IPs still waiting for a comeback.... 🤔

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Ace Attorney not being mentioned anywhere makes me worry about the series.
Capcom I would be fine even with a 4/5/6 collection, please!
Capcom: "You'll get another port of 1-3 and you'll love it damnit"

No but seriously, by now they must know we want a port of 4/5/6. They just cba.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We're in October and SF6 had no firm release date yet. That shouldn't come as a surprise. Capcom is usually very firm about release dates.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's turn around really is incredible. Smart execs making good calls on what games to make and teams producing excellent work. Also, it's Monday blowing that GTAV has significantly outsold the entire resident evil series on its own. Puts that games success in even more perspective.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
We need More Mega Man. 😭

All that RE money. Music to my ears. And people doubt Capcom will remake every RE game lol

I definitely see Capcom working with another trusted developer to expedite some RE projects. Only way we will see the remakes and the sequels the fans are dying for.
I sure hope so. RE6, and Code Veronica need it the most. But ultimately I want the whole series sharing the same over the shoulder camera. I want to go back to the Mansion really bad. 😋
Imagine DR1 in the RE Engine? Jesus Christ
That would be a treat.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom games continue to sell well. I love to see it since I want more Capcom games. RE4 and SFVI are the two Im watching like a hawk next year, both are poised to explode when released. The RE series is riding on a high and RE4's remake looks excellent so that's basically money in the bank already, and aside from the unknown PS4 quantity, SFVI already plays amazingly per the beta so that's going to do incredibly well as well.

As usual, good time to be a fan of Capcom's core games, but Id love to see more smaller games from them.

The MH argument is just bad on all sides lately... I do remember the above, but I also remember said Japanese sales "gurus" also suggesting that World was going to be a disaster since its not releasing on a Nintendo platform (and look, best selling Capcom game ever!)

Capcom's absolutely gonna keep releasing MH on every platform it can - World rocked, Rise rocked... we are totally getting another MH game on Switch or its successor and likewise we are probably only a year or so away from a World announcement (which again could be on the Switch successor for all we know).
The ultimate good news is that the series has found a much bigger audience these past 5 years or so - especially with PC, and its just great news to see the series thrive. I cant wait to see whatever is next from the series.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finished the Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2 last night and it was fucking amazing. How'd that game do?