• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
According to Peter Fabiano, Producer and founder of Global Production at Capcom, the sales of Devil May Cry 5 are not low, despite the poor performance in the UK market.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be weird indeed if the game underperformed considering how well it performed on Steam.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Good to hear. PC sales seemed to be very high considering the concurrent player numbers, and Benji said first impressions of DMCV sales in the US are promising, so I feel it's going to do well. I wonder if it can reach 5M sales, that'd be great.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's the 1st DMC game I've bought and it's the best game I've played this year outside of Apex. I think it will be a success for Capcom.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Patience

Soon you will see the 3 million
orb taunt

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
The UK retail market is dying/dead so using that as a gauge as always is stupid.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I think the release in the same month Sekiro launches has more to say than we are willing to admit.
Anyway, good to hear sales aren't that low.

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Only people I've seen thinking the sales are low are people who don't seem to know what they are talking about lol

Oct 27, 2017
I think 2 million in March would be a nice start for the type of game DMC5 is, but if Capcom does not publish a PR we will have to wait the IR report next month.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to know the sales of the Xbox version cuz I have a feeling it's doing bad. It's slowly moved up to the #9 best selling spot after almost a week.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The UK retail market is dying/dead so using that as a gauge as always is stupid.
Resident Evil 2 Remake sold over 3x more units at UK retail in its first week. Whether the market is dying or not, the relative performance is a bit eyebrow raising.

The game isn't ranking too hot on Amazon for a game slightly less than a week old, either. I'm sure the game is shifting a fair few units, but I think some people genuinely thought it was gonna be some kind of smash hit, and they kept on assuming even when that didn't quite happen.
dmcvsalesynjcq.jpg

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
First week UK sales have been the source of like 40 billion bad sales hot takes by now. If only everyone could learn to not read too much into them, ever.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Next time they shouldn't release until every option is in place. A multiplayer mode would have changed a lot of people's perception, about being conservative. By the time they get it out, discounts will also be ready.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I assume the UK numbers didn't include digital? I swear we get this every game. Physical numbers are low but then digital numbers are high.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I assume the UK numbers didn't include digital? I swear we get this every game. Physical numbers are low but then digital numbers are high.

But also I have always had a hard time believing the U.K. physical sales is even representative of a game's physical sales in other regions. It never made much sense to me how much weight some put in those numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, why are people looking at retail sales numbers to begin with? I don't think I've bought a physical game on PC since... Total War: Shogun 2?

Oct 25, 2017
Digital can go up to 50 percent (or even more) of sales with selected titles in this region. Digital is strong HERE and physical charts should not be accounted as the only number present!

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
While I understand where the "UK doesn't matter" posts come from but you have to accept that UK is still the biggest market in Europe and it's not trivial at all. DMC's 20k (at retail) in the UK is probably it's best opening in any European country (well UK is not a country but you know what I mean). The only exeptions could be Germany and France.

On the other hand anybody saying the game flopped is really ignorant. The game will do good, Capcom is going to share the numbers soon.