• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
If this isn't worth a separate thread, close it.

The OT has a ton of people who pre-ordered the game, but regardless of where they pre-ordered from (Best Buy, Amazon, Game Stop) the pre-order songs are unavailable. I can confirm that Amazon listed it as a pre-order bonus.

As far as I'm aware it's just physical console versions. If anyone has gotten a code from a retailer, chime in.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Yup, same issue with me, pre ordered the Special Edition from Gamestop and no code anywhere

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Getting pre-order codes a few days late from Amazon is pretty par for the course. I haven't even thought anything unusual was up.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Pre ordered from Shopto and got my code on release day and all the instrumental tracks play in game

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I never got mine, and I preloaded it through the eShop. Granted, it was the mexican eshop, and I don't know if this was exclusive to the US

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
When I picked up by preorder at GameStop (amiibo edition) the code for the songs was printed on the receipt. The clerk circled it for me

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
Got mine at GameStop and the code was printed on the receipt. No one told me that though. Good thing I looked more closely at it before I nearly threw it away.

NintenDuvo08

Oct 30, 2017
I preordered from Best Buy and i got my code via my email, i didnt even know there was a preorder bonus

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Now I wonder how many of the people complaining actually had the code on their receipt all along and didn't see it/threw it away.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I got my code for Switch with my preorder of the CE from Gamestop. Of course, this is not the version I'm going to be playing.

My PS4 version from Amazon hasn't gotten a code yet.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I got this message from amazon when I called in. I changed the name though

Message From Customer Service
Hello,

This is boop from Amazon Marketing Team.

I've reviewed your call correspondence with us and understand your concern regarding the pre order code for your order #11. I'll do my best to help you with this.

Upon checking the details, I've contacted our business team and they informed that due to some technical glitch the codes were not issued. Please do not worry and apologize for all inconvenience.

As per latest update, I request you to please wait for 48 hours and use the code because the codes will be issued with in 48hours.

However, If you still don't receive the code by the end of still cannot use the code by the end of Oct 4, 2018. Please contact us and we'll assist you right away.

Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you and we'll take every action to prevent you from bearing any loss.

On a personal level, I appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Amazon is really grateful to have a loyal customer like you. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Boop

Though since EVERYONE had issues intead of just Amazon it might be very well out their reach and moght be an issue with Capcom. Hope it gets fixed soon.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, preordered all versions from bestbuy and none of them came with a code. Not even a digital version via email, which is what they sometimes do.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you ask me the orchestral versions of the songs should've been in the game by default, not as a pre-order extra.

It just drives down the quality of the game to have such a feature missing, I didn't hear all the songs yet but apparently it would benefit by having this.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Well one positive thing to take from this is that they may end up making the DLC free for a limited time to make up for this issue :V

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember that. But there's issues with people who ordered from gamestop too, and I remember GS is usually on-it for pre-order stuff.
Yeah maybe I've just been unlucky with amazon. Though as I write this I see I've got my Astrobot code before I have my game from amazon, ::shrug:: No experience with gamestop.

Either way, i'm sure they will have sent it out by a day or two.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I cast a spell so that everyone else would suffer through the garbage soundtrack along with me.
Sorry not sorry.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Best Buy, Switch. Nothing on the receipt, nothing in my email, nothing on the slip attached to the package, and nothing inside the package.

I looked at the receipt at the store and didn't see a code but I figured it was going to be on an insert inside the case, as has been the situation from honestly every preorder bonus that I buy physically. I'm going to call Best Buy today about this but I'm really pissed off about this. I wouldn't even mind if I just got screwed out of it but just let me buy the alt music. It's not even available on the eShop.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Called Best Buy corporate because the store couldn't help me since it was an online purchase. Person on the phone told me they haven't gotten anything from the supplier.

So Capcom fucked up. How cool is it to advertise dlc practically the same time as the game announcement and then NOT provide it? Capcpom.

Again, I'd be annoyed at my code not coming but at least let me buy it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I preloaded on the eShop, did I get this and not realize it?

edit: seems like I did automatically.

Last edited:

TAYREL713

Oct 30, 2017
Pre-Ordered from Game Stop, code was on the receipt which I only noticed when looking for my Power Up Points balance. The homie Pablo (at my local Game Stop) played me by not telling me about the code.