• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

It mainly covers what you know, what (if anything) is getting you excited for the game, & what you want to see from the game. As for me, I made it a point to ask for gyro aiming & flick stick for the PS5 & PC versions of the game. But you're free to ask for whatever.

Source: Resident Evil (Twitter)

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Asked for PCVR and PSVR support, outside of that i'm pretty damn happy with what they've shown.

Hopefully more info comes out soon like they planned.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i liked the battery of questions regarding the "village" title and whether you agree that it takes place in a village

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Completed!

Stressed that I want this to be a premium next-gen experience that takes as much time in the oven as it needs to be a quality product. Indicated I was aware of the leaks pre-reveal and that the wonky framerate was understood to be a byproduct of the turnaround from Rev3 to Resi 8 but that I want the game to just be as good as it can possibly be by launch.

Also indicated I want to learn more about the actual content of the game; puzzles/combat style etc.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I took it, it's a long survey. Made sure to mention Smart Delivery whenever it was appropriate. It at no point ever mentioned VR, so I'm assuming that's not a thing for this game.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I told them not to drop the numbered naming convention. It's the easiest way to communicate that a game is a mainline entry and not just a spin off.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the survey. It seems like they are interested in putting out a demo. The battery of questions of the "d-did you like village as the title? do you think resident evil village could take place in a.... village??" section was hilarious lol

Thanked them for their work on listening to fan feedback these recent years and for putting out games that appeal to almost all of the RE fans. I asked them to please be more careful with leaks regarding the franchise since it's gotten annoying nowadays and said that right now RE8 is the only title making me consider the jump to PS5, I wouldn't purchase the system at launch but I would whenever RE8 releases next year.

It's weird that they didn't ask anything related to VR, though.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
They mentioned the Xbox series X digital edition too lol

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I asked them to flesh out Ethan a bit more, he worked great (imo) as a player avatar in RE7 but he deserves some development now.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Weird that they won't call it RE8 now.
I think they might want to get away from numbered titles "softly" before the numbers get to too ridicilous. Thus experimenting with the new title with a hidden 8 in it, possibly dropping the gimmick in the future.

Especially if there will be yearly or almost yearly RE titles you'd might want to blur the lines between mainline and spinoff.

Oct 27, 2017
H4mbnGm.png

I did my part.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
although I would buy this game at launch, I still mentioned that wanted a demo. if it increases the chances of an RE8 demo I'm all for it

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
I did the survey and then it said something about it for being only fans of RE :/ I answered pretty good in their favour as well with playing the majority of their games.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The Village name section had me sensibly chuckling.

All I want is the perfect combination of RE7, RE4 and Remake, that's all I ask. (I know, one can dream...)

Oct 25, 2017
I completed the survey and then got this message at the end.

"Sorry, you don't qualify for this survey. This survey is intended only for users with interest in the Resident Evil series, so we can get fans' direct feedback!"

Fix this shit, capcom

I hope it's just an error in the survey logic and they still got the data.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What a garbage survey. Answered all questions and got told this survey is only for the fans of RE and I am not eligible. I have played every mainline game and selected them as well in the survey.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
What a garbage survey. Answered all questions and got told this survey is only for the fans of RE and I am not eligible. I have played every mainline game and selected them as well in the survey.

I think that is a bug in the survey. They likely have some filter out option if you don't select enough pro-RE stuff at the start, and that screen is the one that supposed to be shown in that case. If you click NEXT again they show you a thank you for participating screen.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Can we like... not flood this survey with requests for 3rd person view or literally anything that has nothing to do with RE8?

It's a first person entry, that isn't likely to change. Asking for anything not RE8 related here is pointless and will only muddy genuine feedback and suggestions people have.