• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Since it connects to the internet via WiFi, you would think this would be a chance for them to sell more games as a service. Id be more interested in it then.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I found a leaked rendering of the PS5! Looks like Sony was taking notes from Capcom.

1qeZHoq.png

(Made it on my lunch break)

LOL, nice.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. True arcade stuff must be expensive af.

AvP and Super Street Fighter 2 X are pretty much the most expensive CPS2 boards, though, especially if you buy them phoenixed. Typically, a CPS2 board runs for about $150-$300. You can get Marvel vs Capcom on the cheaper end of the scale, for example.

Sega and Capcom arcade boards are expensive as fuuuuuuuck. Midway, too. I have a killer instinct 1 board that I paid a huge price for, too.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of this, just the execution is way off. They should have sold it as a single stick, like this:

17ivkzpygda74jpg.jpg

For like $100, and let the stick be the "console" that you hook up to your TV. You could either play directly on the stick, or use bluetooth to connect a modern game controller to so you could play on the couch and with 2 Player. Maybe sell a few wireless capcom arcade sticks too that could be used either with home consoles or wireless connect to this stick for player 2 as well.

I have multiple super guns, the ones that share both sticks on a single console are pretty uncomfortable and hard to store. A single player stick, especially in the design of their SFIV premium sticks (which already tried to look like the old capcom cabs) would have been perfect.

NewAgeOfAces

Dec 5, 2017
I feel like this is one of the biggest misfires possible. I am still fathoming how this was green lit.

Capcom should have just done a CPS mini and included a mini Arcade Stick or Pad and maybe 20 of the most popular arcade titlesfrom CPS 1-3 and the heavily requested ones that never really got a home port like the already included AVP, Progear, and stuff like Warzard.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
A quick control+f shows a lot of people mentioning it's ugly.

It's exactly what I think of it. So tacky!

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I saw the list of games, and got really excited. I saw the console/controller hybrid, and scratched my head in utter disbelief. I saw the price that they are asking for this, and sort of laugh/snorted.

How can this be real? I mean, this is strictly for hardcore collectors, right? I hope they don't expect to sell more than a couple of thousand of these things. There's niche, and then there's a Capcom-shaped controller playing games that most people don't even know exist niche.

This all feels like an elaborate, two week late April Fool's joke.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Is that really what it looks like?

I love the idea but a boring hunk of black plastic would have looked a lot better than that.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is one of the biggest misfires possible. I am still fathoming how this was green lit.

Capcom should have just done a CPS mini and included a mini Arcade Stick or Pad and maybe 20 of the most popular arcade titlesfrom CPS 1-3 and the heavily requested ones that never really got a home port like the already included AVP, Progear, and stuff like Warzard.
My thoughts exactly. Just make a normal damn mini console, is it that hard?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I got like half way through that trailer thinking that that was just some cool looking logo before it clicked "No, that's what it looks like." What a terrible design lol.

16 games doesn't feel like nearly enough for the price either, but it's pretty cool regardless. Mega Man Power Battles being on there is neat.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
The idea is cool , but the design is just bad. I can't believe they greenlit this.

What a completely wasted opportunity.

Nov 18, 2017
This is such a bizarre product.

I actually don't mind the design as a cool collectors item, but it's totally impractical for the price and games.

As everyone has stated - a standard stick with a comprehensive roster of Capcom games would've been genuinely appealing even if at the price point.

I can't tell if this thing will bomb like PS Classic or, more likely, end up being a sought-after niche item in years to come.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell if this thing will bomb like PS Classic or, more likely, end up being a sought-after niche item in years to come.

I think this will end up like the Neo Geo X, something that serious collectors really don't pay attention to. If you're a serious collector of Capcom stuff, you're probably more into consolized CPS2 boards, or if you're really crazy, their actual CPS Changer home console.

Oct 27, 2017
AvP and Super Street Fighter 2 X are pretty much the most expensive CPS2 boards, though, especially if you buy them phoenixed. Typically, a CPS2 board runs for about $150-$300. You can get Marvel vs Capcom on the cheaper end of the scale, for example.

Sega and Capcom arcade boards are expensive as fuuuuuuuck. Midway, too. I have a killer instinct 1 board that I paid a huge price for, too.
what? did this change?

I thought phoenixed boards we're cheaper because they didn't run on the original battery and had to be resurrected/de-encrypted where an actual working battery/board was more sought after since it was "original/unaltered". In 2013 I bought a progear conversion board for $110 which wasn't an original progear (it was grey. I understand an original phoenixed board would go for more. But then in 2014 I bought an original working progear board for $420 which was the going price at the time.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe this is real, thanks for the laugh Capcpom. Will pick up for 50 down the line for AvP though.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My phoenixed copy of Alien vs Predator ran me about $400

lots of promotion of piracy ITT

Literally the only way to legitimately purchase an emulated ROM set (not even the real board, as you're very proud of, which had to be resurrected because Capcom actively or poorly designed them to self-destruct) is to buy a giant logo using an emulator of apparently questionable legality on its own.

I'm not saying it's at all justified, but it's not surprising.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
What in the hell is this thing? It's honestly funny how flat out weird this is. If did this on as an April fools joke, no one would have Fallon for it because it's just so obviously not a thing they would do for real.

I must confess that I have one of those plug and play Pandora boxes (it was gifted to me, for what it's worth) and two people playing on one giant board is simply not a thing you can do comfortably.

If they really want to go with the plug and play arcade stick, it should have been for one player (with a input for connecting a second, regular controller) , double as a regular fightstick and cost between 150 - 200€. For the casual crowd, this thing is too expensive and unwieldy and for the hardcore crowd, I'll have a wild guess and say the quality of the emulation and the stick will just not be there.

Last edited:

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought it was an arcade complication for consoles and PC. But a plug and play machine at that price point is suicide. There's no way this takes off.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It actually managed to be even worse than rumored.

They should really fire that design team and every manager that OK'd its production.

giphy.gif

I might buy this if ti was less than £100
I don't think I could convince any one of my friends to play with this fuck ugly abomination of a strange device, and I certainly wouldn't spend more than 40$.

Last edited:

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
Honestly though, since everything in that trailer was rendered, and not physical, they could redo the look of the thing if they haven't started the tooling process.

I hope they redo it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Of "realistic" CPS2 games that they could add, this thing really, really, really needs Pocket Fighter.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I was interested, until I saw the thing was shaped as the Capcom logo.

Nope nope nope.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well hopefully someone is listening to their twitter account because the comment section is fucking fire. It's a free for all roast and I hope these tone deaf corporate assholes actually listen.

It's Capcom though, so they won't.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Man I just can't justify it. $150-175 maybe but 250 for 16 roms and that abysmal stick design? I'm sorry, nope.