• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Progear and Capcom's Alien vs. Predator finally get home releases and... it's in a 230EUR plug-and-play console. Lol

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about it the more I realize that the problems really are the design and it being dual-stick driving up the price.

Keep everything else the same but put it in a nicer single-stick box and I could see it selling a lot better at 150€+.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Three simple steps to save this thing

1. Make it a small chunk of plastic that looks like this
    2OPSxSn.gif
  2. Allow other sticks to be used with it over USB, include a cheap but unobjectionable usb version of this
    bglWqRZ.jpg
  3. Double the amount of games (For starters, add Gem Fighters Mini Mix, Mercs, Magic Sword, Varth, Alpha 2, Forgotten Worlds, Commando, etc.)

I'd buy 10.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Was expecting something that looked like a normal system...not their logo with joysticks lol

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Kinda surprised they actually put ''emulation provided by FB Alpha'' on the site. I don't know but i kinda would've preferred a more official in house bespoke made Capcom solution of the emulation these titles instead of a PlayStation Classic approach of borrowing a community made emulator but that's just me.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
These kind of posts, everytime some novelty emulator gets announced, feel like copypasta at this point. Unless my sarcasm detector is off.
I get it, up in this case it is warranted. They are using an open source emulator. One that you can put on a $35 device. It gets tricky with Roms, but there is no way this capcom stick worth it. It's ugly.

Last edited:

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't hate it as a stick to feature on like a homemade arcade cab. It's the right level of arcade tacky.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Some great games but Progear is the standout for me. Sold!!

Edit: oh shit its actually a console, might have to rethink.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Sanwa means nothing with that shit selection of games.. where is power stone? Rival schools? Tech Romancer??? God....... sigh..

Bruh, you had one job!

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People who want to talk about raspberry Pis in topics like this should be required to explain in very clear detail how one can also dump their own rom, and show pictures of them doing that themselves, instead of being cute and calling getting roms "tricky"

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'd rather have Progear over all of those games. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Progear isnt even one of the best shmups.. it just has the art style going for it.. but still we both should be able to get what we want from something like this. But, you have fun with that.

Just sucks that the opportunity has passed for something great. Ah well..

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As ugly as it is, I still want it. If it's affordable, that is.
It'd probably be as close as I can get to having an arcade-like experience in my small apartment.
Wish it had more than 16 games though.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That price is absurd and using the shape of the Capcom logo is the ultimate piss take.
As ugly as it is, I still want it. If it's affordable, that is.
It'd probably be as close as I can get to having an arcade-like experience in my small apartment.
Wish it had more than 16 games though.
Buy an Arcade1Up cabinet, install a Raspberry Pi into it and you're golden. You'll probably being saving some dough compared to this as well.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
It's just me or the idea of having a two player control scheme is really unconfortable? In the arcades you played standing up, and thus was doable... but having to sit that thing on two laps seems really odd, and it makes single player experience really awkward since you have the weight of the stick completely off balance.

Add to this the price, and you have a nice item collectorin a few years... 'cause I'd be surprised if it moves more than 5000 units

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
It's just me or the idea of having a two player control scheme is really unconfortable? In the arcades you played standing up, and thus was doable... but having to sit that thing on two laps seems really odd, and it makes single player experience really awkward since you have the weight of the stick completely off balance.

Add to this the price, and you have a nice item collectorin a few years... 'cause I'd be surprised if it moves more than 5000 units
I think it goes without saying that this isn't really meant for lap play. It's meant to place on a surface and play that way. Case in point for me it's going on the coffee table until I build a better solution for it.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah... It looks like that FBA licensing might be suspect.

Man, I'm trying to keep my head straight on this story...

• Capcom announces they're using FBA in their LOL $250 PnP stick.
  • FBA dev says Capcom used FBA without permission
  • Another FBA dev says Capcom got licenced to use FBA
  • More FBA devs contridict that guy
  • FBA licence might not even be valid; it might contradict terms in the MAME licence

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Since it connects to the internet via WiFi, you would think this would be a chance for them to sell more games as a service. Id be more interested in it then.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Hyper Fighting instead of Super SF2 Turbo? DarkStalkers 1 instead of Vampire Savior? And no SF Alpha/Zero or SFIII at all? Well, if the thing has Wi-Fi, that means they'll try to sell those to us separately as DLC, right...?

Oct 27, 2017
Progear isnt even one of the best shmups.. it just has the art style going for it.. but still we both should be able to get what we want from something like this. But, you have fun with that.

Just sucks that the opportunity has passed for something great. Ah well..
Only art style? The bullet cancelling gem scoring system and the way the spreads organically intersect much like ketsui is lovely - the rinse and repeat cycle of bullet herding large connecting patterns and cashing in is so much fun (don't let me started on gem streaming). I feel the only negative aspects are the soundtrack, the trial mode of the 2nd loop, and how the game rewards you for bomb hoarding and not dying (increasing the end stage multiplier - if you die it can be detrimental to your score.. but not necessarily the clear/loop requirements).

It was such a sweet spot for cave before they would move on to nonsensical scoring systems like having to switch your shot type every time you get your stage mulitplier up 500 points like in futari

There's a reason that it's been included in either the top 25 shmups of all time or at the least the honorable mentions.

Last edited:

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Only art style? The bullet cancelling gem scoring system and the way the spreads organically intersect much like ketsui is lovely - the rinse and repeat cycle of bullet herding large connecting patterns and cashing in is so much fun (don't let me started on gem streaming). I feel the only negative aspects are the soundtrack, the trial mode of the 2nd loop, and how the game rewards you for bomb hoarding and not dying (increasing the end stage multiplier - if you die it can be detrimental to your score.. but not necessarily the clear/loop requirements).

It was such a sweet spot for cave before they would move on to nonsensical scoring systems like having to switch your shot type every time you get your stage mulitplier up 500 points like in futari

There's a reason that it's been included in either the top 25 shmups of all time or at the least the honorable mentions.
I guess, i wont argue that..
What does this even mean?
It means I'm frustrated at this product.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I grew up playing these games on Happ Sticks and Cherry Switches in the arcade. I wish this was a console collection instead.

Oct 26, 2017
They are...but they're also on the market and are thus a competitor. The best way to fight piracy is to provide a better "service" than the pirate offers. The quality of parts in this definitely does that, unquestionably better than whatever tat the Pandora boxes have. Emulation quality should be better, but we've seen official re-releases fuck that up in the past, so it's not guaranteed (eg; Playstation Mini, Silent Hill HD Collection). The form factor here is arguably worse in being just a massive, tacky-looking logo vs. something a bit more traditional looking. The amount of games is a huge negative. Some heavy hitters, granted, but only 16 games seems like a wee bit of a piss take. The entire CPS1 and CPS2 library would go a long way to making that more palatable.

People aren't so much promoting piracy as pointing out the competition and comparing them to this effort. I think that's valid.

But you can't compete with free. Okay, Capcom gives away all their CPS1 and 2 games, spending tons of money on relicensing everything. Pirates add CPS3. Capcom adds CPS3, pirates add all pre-CPS games. Capcom adds those, pirates add Sega games.

This is not a valid argument. Just because someone is literally stealing Capcom's work and selling it for dimes doesn't mean that the games are worth dimes in a legitimate release.

Oct 29, 2017
People who want to talk about raspberry Pis in topics like this should be required to explain in very clear detail how one can also dump their own rom, and show pictures of them doing that themselves, instead of being cute and calling getting roms "tricky"

Ironically, the only realistic (legal) way you could do that in this case is by buying this thing and ripping the ROMs from it!

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I refuse to believe that Capcom only purchased the lisence of AvP for this atrocity. no way.

They will release it on consoles and PC in one or the other way someday.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i glanced the thread earlier and assumed this was a PC/console compilation and the controller was some cute little promo mockup

then i clicked again to see why there was so many pages... eh. yikes