• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
If we're talking about QoL and MHW, I can say that I know people that would look at the half of the MHW's improvements and say that they aren't improvements at all.

But that doesn't remove the brilliance of the game tho

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big open maps that are a clusteruck of level design that still doesn't make any sense after 300h.
Fuck ancient Forest.

I think that has to do with the design of the maps themselves that with any QoL improvement? Is not like a direct issue linked with no "zoning". And I would say is mostly a problem with Ancient Forest than the rest of the maps which are fairly straighforward and clear for the most part, which shows is not something that comes from any particular QoL improvements.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You didn't ge the joke : p.
No problem.

Hmm... you're talkeing as if the Switch is only selling well in Japan or am I reading you wrong ?

At some point anything can lack power to do a specific thing, I'm just pretty sure that wasn't at all the reason of this specific game to not be on the Switch.

Not that it matters if Capcom finally put some work into the console at some point (which they didn't do yet).
For fans of their games I mean.

I wish they could release old games like Breath of Fire on it but I'm getting seriously off topic.
Sony has Asian exclusivity over MHW, that's why. While Capcom could make a West-only Switch port, there wouldn't be much justification to make one when Japan (where portables reign supreme) wouldn't get the port.

As for the DMC5 joke, is that a joke on the art style?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I could see them going either way on zones. The open areas might be a "World" thing. We'll see. Stuff like unlimited whetstones and tools don't require hardware power. Personally I don't care either way, I didn't care for MHW that much so if they roll stuff back from it that's fine with me too, but I don't think that's going to happen.

All I hope for is that the cutscene viewing requirement stuff for co-op is taken out.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok but how is that "portable" that's what I had trouble with.

I mean beside the obvious fact that the switch is hybrid. But then any game on the switch is "portable series".

I don't want to look obnoxious, I'm just not sure about the choice of word here.

But I understood you meant the type of MH with fragmented areas and stuff like that. I guess.

I just said "Portable" because that's how the previous line of PSP games was called, but it wouldn't be called portable this time that's true.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Sony has Asian exclusivity over MHW, that's why. While Capcom could make a West-only Switch port, there wouldn't be much justification to make one when Japan (where portables reign supreme) wouldn't get the port.

As for the DMC5 joke, is that a joke on the art style?
Indeed. I don't know what I've been thinking forgetting about thay part. I'm probably tired.

For the joke yes it is.
Nothing really important.