• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
www.capcom.co.jp

Game Series Sales |Product Data | CAPCOM

Total sales units of major titles such as "Resident Evil" and "Onimusha" are described.
As of Sept 30th, 2021

Franchise Updates
Monster Hunter - 78M (+3M)
Ace Attorney - 8.6M (+400K)
Onimusha - 8.5M (+100K)
Resident Evil - 120M (+3M)
Street Fighter - 47M (+1M)
Ghost'n Goblins - 4.4M (+100K)

Platinum Title Updates

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter World - 17.5M* (+200K) [Excludes shipments of MHW: Iceborne Master Edition]
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 8.5M (+300K)
Monster Hunter Rise - 7.5M (+200K)
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - 1.3M NEW

Resident Evil

Resident Evil VII - 10.2M (+400K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.9M (+300K)
Resident Evil 5 - 8M (+100K)
Resident Evil 6 - 8M (+100K)
Resident Evil Village - 4.8M (+300K)
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 4.6M (+200K)
Resident Evil Remake HD - 3.2M (+100K)
Resident Evil 0 HD - 3.1M (+100K)
Resident Evil 4 [PS4/X1] - 2.4M (+100K)
Resident Evil 5 [PS4/X1] - 2.3M (+100K)
Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition [PC] - 1.7M [+100K]

MISC.
Street Fighter V - 6M (+200K)
Devil May Cry 5 - 4.7M (+200K)
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary - 2M (+100K)
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - 1.8M (+100K)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 1.3M (+100K)
Dead Rising 3 - 3M (+100K)
Megaman 11 - 1.4M (+100K)

------------

Older Sales Threads
www.resetera.com

Capcom Platinum Titles & Franchise Sales Update 8/21 - RE7 at 9.8M Sold, DmC at 1.2M, LP2 at 1.2M, MHR at 7.3M; MVC Franchise crosses 10M Sold & more Sales - Capcom

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html as of June 30, 2021 Monster Hunter Monster Hunter World - 17.3M (+200K) Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 8.2M (+500K) Monster Hunter Rise - 7.3M (+2.5M) Resident Evil Resident Evil VII - 9.8M (+800K) Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.6M...

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm glad to see that SFV ended up being a solid comeback story. Hopefully they learned all the right lessons going into SFVI.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at how well some of the most recent fighters have done at launch and the quality of Capcom games in the past few years, along with how great SF5 has been doing...man, SF6 has a HUGE opportunity if they don't fuck it up.

It is capcom, so they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but seriously, huge growth opportunity for the franchise.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looking at how well some of the most recent fighters have done at launch and the quality of Capcom games in the past few years, along with how great SF5 has been doing...man, SF6 has a HUGE opportunity if they don't fuck it up.

It is capcom, so they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but seriously, huge growth opportunity for the franchise.

If the rumors are true of them delaying it to make sure it launches strong, we should be in good hands.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

SFV bouncing back as much as it did speaks both towards Capcom's efforts to right the ship & the general strength of the Street Fighter brand.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm surprised at how well RE VII sold. Not sure if I totally get it either.

Yeah, I didn't lose my mind over it the way some did either. It's a solid game though

RE has strong brand appeal and RE7 at this point is a strong go-to for "I wanna play a scary game". It's a horror mainstay now and with its cheap price is easy to pick up at any moment. This is without counting the Village bump whether from bundles or other things.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this means GAA sold about 300k in this period (obviously that number goes up and down depending on how Capcom rounds in these reports), that's pretty much their sales goals for the collection met, going by the leaked docs. Of course, those goals also could have evolved over time.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Capcom said that they needed Great Ace Attorney to sell 300k in order to be a success.

I see that +400k đź‘€

DMC5 keeps selling, you love to see it

Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.9M (+300K)
This is the most perfect RE game since they switched from pre-rendered backgrounds to 3D.. they need to look at it as the standard to follow it's footsteps when making another game in the series ( plus ADDING SAVING ROOM THEME ).

Hope with the end of Ethan arc with RE8 it's also the ending of FPS arc of the series ( or at less the main numbered ones ).

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see that SFV ended up being a solid comeback story. Hopefully they learned all the right lessons going into SFVI.
They are primed for victory there. We will have to see, but I feel like Capcom is in very good shape now (and that includes the Street Fighter team).
RE6 has always been an anomaly. Widely hated and shat on, but it's never stopped selling.
It has also been heavily discounted for nearly its entire lifecycle. I know I bought a brand new copy for less than half of the MSRP a month or so after it released. So that is something worth keeping in mind.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 5 and 6 are some of my fav. co-op experiences. So goddamn fun, especially when you take Mercenaries mode into account.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see SFV finally hit 6 million. I don't think it will have enough in the tank to get to 7 million but it has come a long ways since the disastrous release where it failed to hit projections(1.4 million vs the 2 million projected).

I really can't wait to see this series get a fresh start whenever SF6 comes out. For as much as they've done to restore SFV's reputation, it can't really escape some of the stuff that plagued in the past and still do now. So I hope SF6 can get things mostly right from the beginning and onward.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
welcome-to-the-family-son-resident-evil7.gif

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Hopefully Great Ace Attorney was a successful release for them. I would love some more AA games in different locations and time periods.

Glad to see RE2 remake surpass re5-RE6.
It has not. Capcom splits up the numbers for whatever reason, you can see the remasters on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are listed near the bottom of that franchise list.

Currently Resident Evil 5 is still the best selling in the franchise overall.

1er tigre

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 5 - 8M (+100K)
Resident Evil 6 - 8M (+100K)

Resident Evil 5 [PS4/X1] - 2.3M (+100K)
Do I understand this correctly ? It means that they sold 100k copies of the original RE5 and RE6 on PS3 and 360 (same amount as the PS4/one version) ?
This is really odd to me, I would have thought sales on these consoles were pretty much dead by now.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Do I understand this correctly ? It means that they sold 100k copies of the original RE5 and RE6 on PS3 and 360 (same amount as the PS4/one version) ?
This is really odd to me, I would have thought sales on these consoles were pretty much dead by now.

PC, 360, & PS3 are listed as the same SKU. The recent +100K are definitely all PC and not PS3/360 sales

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it includes PC as well.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Great Ace Attorney was a successful release for them. I would love some more AA games in different locations and time periods.

It has not. Capcom splits up the numbers for whatever reason, you can see the remasters on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are listed near the bottom of that franchise list.

Currently Resident Evil 5 is still the best selling in the franchise overall.
Oh. Thanks for the correction. It'll surpass it soon enough though. Which I'm thankful for.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Am expecting SFV to hit 7m LTD easily.
Capcom is preparing another Disc release for next year with all DLC till S5 included. It will also see a sales boost at the end of its cycle when SF6 gets revealed and there will be a huge marketing push behind it.

Capcom is in prime position to have SF6 be the break out game like MKX was for NRS. They just need to not fuck it up.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Ace Attorney continues to be a solid performer with a dedicated fan base. So let's get some more AA games going Capcom!!

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Godspeed Capcom. Crazy how half of their top ten Platinum titles have released in the past 5 years, basically a hit every year.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if all the content will be on the disc instead of code bullshit.

Its 99.99% gonna be a code to unlock online. The best they can do is put the latest version of the game on the disc.

But theres noway you are gonna get All Content on the disc without online. Its just how their CFN works , all the content is tied to ur CFN ID.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if all the content will be on the disc instead of code bullshit.

Here's the tweet. I don't know japanese but it doesn't appear to be all on disc, I think it is just a bundled code:

It would be nice to have a complete version on disc after next year's final balance patch but every disc they've put out has just been the original game with a code so maybe it's not likely?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Good to see Capcom doing so well! The trick is carrying that forward with new Ip; if they can nail that with pragmata and whatever else they may have they will be extremely healthy.