• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
www.capcom.co.jp

Platinum Titles |Product Data | CAPCOM

Titles which sold more than 1 million copies each are listed with videos and screen shots.

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter World - 18.5M +200K
Monster Hunter Rise -11.2M +900K
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 9.7M +200K
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - 4.4M +1.9M

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 7 - 11.3M +300K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 10.1M +300K
Resident Evil 5 (PC/360/PS3) - 8.5M +200K
Resident Evil 6 (PC/360/PS3) - 8.5M +200K
Resident Evil Village - 6.6M +200K
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 5.6M +200K
Resident Evil Remake HD - 3.7M +200K
Resident Evil 0 HD - 3.6M +200K
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 3.1M +200K
Resident Evil 4 (PS4/X1) - 2.8M +100K
Resident Evil 5 (PS4/X1) - 2.6M +100K
Resident Evil Revelations - 2.4M +200K
Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition (PC) - 2.2M +200K

Etc
Street Fighter V - 6.8M +200K
Devil May Cry 5 - 6.1M +400K
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC/PS3/360) - 2.8M +100K
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - 2.1M +100K
Okami - 2M +200K
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - +1.9M +100K
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 1.8M +100K
Megaman 11 - 1.6M +100K
Dead Rising (PS4/X1/PC) - 1.3M +100K
Devil May Cry: HD Collection (PC/X1/PS4) - 1.2M +100K
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition (PC) - 1M *NEW*

Franchise Updates
Dragon's Dogma - 7M +200K
Okami - 3.8M +100K
Sengoku Basara - 4.1M +100K
Monster Hunter - 88M +4M
Ace Attorney - 9.6M +200K
Devil May Cry - 27M +1M
Resident Evil - 131M +4M
Street Fighter - 49M +1M

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yup, SFV will definitely hit 7 million by the time SF6 comes out.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Ace Attorney Trilogy has outsold most of Capcom's other non-RE remasters. It's even ahead of Mega Man 11 in a shorter period of time.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Ace Attorney Trilogy has outsold most of Capcom's other non-RE remasters. It's even ahead of Mega Man 11 in a shorter period of time.
Still hoping we get another collection of the three games after the original trilogy. Or at least the two recent 3D games, which should be easier since the code base will likely be newer than the one for Apollo, and require less work to make it look nice on modern platforms.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Have they ever explained why they dont count RE4's sales on other platforms? No way, RE7 is the best selling game of the series.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Is anyone shocked that RE0 HD sold as well as REmake HD? Also I wonder what RE4's total sales are from all the previous platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever explained why they dont count RE4's sales on other platforms? No way, RE7 is the best selling game of the series.

They already has the PS3/Xbox360 Version in the Platinum Page , Same as PS2 and GC Versions , Combining all of them makes RE4 at 12.1M Copies

The Versions that are missing in the List are the Original PC Version and the Switch Version , the later can appear in the list anytime

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
So we can assume TGAA got around 100K more sales, due to the series having a raise of 200K, with half of them coming from the trilogy.

At this point I wonder if Capcom is purposely holding back 4/5/6 HD to avoid killing TGAA's legs.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

RE4 has a different entry for each version so it's even larger than what you're seeing here.

Is anyone shocked that RE0 HD sold as well as REmake HD? Also I wonder what RE4's total sales are from all the previous platforms.

Not too shocked. The bundle with both goes cheap and both are $5 standalone when on sale.
Someone should post the updated RE franchise sales soon for all the titles bundled.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Not too shocked. The bundle with both goes cheap and both are $5 standalone when on sale.
Someone should post the updated RE franchise sales soon for all the titles bundled.

OK that makes a bit more sense I suppose.

Off topic: Been a resident evil fan almost since day one but never played Dino Crisis. Have them both ready to go on the Steam Deck, gonna start this weekend. If they are not the best games of all time I am holding you personally responsible!

AFAIK for the longest time RE5 was the best selling game in the series and all versions of it are accounted for so it seems RE7 may well be. It seems surprising at first but I think that game arrived at the absolute perfect time. It was the first RE on the latest gen of consoles, the reviews were fantastic after the poor reception of the previous one, it was going back to pure horror which would have fuelled the word of mouth, it came out in late January which was usually a wasteland back then and it was also the standout title for the hyped VR headset that Sony had just released.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

For a long time, Capcom distinguished all re-releases of a game as its own thing. So like RE5 is still the best selling RE game, but it's separated into the original release, the Gold re-release and then the remaster on PS4/Xbox One. They stopped doing that and now count all versions under one (so those RE7 sales include the original and Gold re-release and the native PS5/Xbox Series release). But they have never gone back and combined the sales for other games into one for whatever reason. So the actual numbers there are kind of inaccurate in the broad sense

Edit: I see DMC5 SE as a separate thing, so maybe they still do that, but I'm pretty sure RE7 has all its versions under one listing

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I seem to remember RE4 was at about 6m in the days when RE5 was at about 8ish, if you include the VR version I'd be fairly certain it has overtaken it by now.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 breathing down the neck of RE7. But needless to say, glad both are selling so well. Ditto for both MH World and Rise, Capcom's really nailed it in terms of their bigger games, and sales show. SFVI and RE4 about to kick some major ass next year.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
For a long time, Capcom distinguished all re-releases of a game as its own thing. So like RE5 is still the best selling RE game, but it's separated into the original release, the Gold re-release and then the remaster on PS4/Xbox One. They stopped doing that and now count all versions under one (so those RE7 sales include the original and Gold re-release and the native PS5/Xbox Series release). But they have never gone back and combined the sales for other games into one for whatever reason. So the actual numbers there are kind of inaccurate in the broad sense

Edit: I see DMC5 SE as a separate thing, so maybe they still do that, but I'm pretty sure RE7 has all its versions under one listing
DMC5SE is likely combined with regular DMC5 from how the updates have been.
It seems anything from RE7 onwards is combined with the only exception really being Mon Hun "Expansions" like Iceborne and Sunbreak

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
DMC5SE is likely combined with regular DMC5 from how the updates have been.
It seems anything from RE7 onwards is combined with the only exception really being Mon Hun "Expansions" like Iceborne and Sunbreak

Yeah, okay then, I was right. It's weird to me they won't just combine them all at this point. Not that it's hard to add them all up, but it's also a weird thing to keep doing when you've stopped with later games

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So we can assume TGAA got around 100K more sales, due to the series having a raise of 200K, with half of them coming from the trilogy.

At this point I wonder if Capcom is purposely holding back 4/5/6 HD to avoid killing TGAA's legs.
Considering they didn't expressly note it, it's probably 90k TGAA 10k various backlog sales of AA from 3ds and ios.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's weird to me that both of those projects were in the leaked Capcom documents but neither have come true. Iirc AA7 should have been out by now.

The leak made a point that AA4-6 would probably be saved for a "dry" spell. So I imagine their lineup doesn't have any noticeable gaps at the moment (Or at least not until after March 2023)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to me that both of those projects were in the leaked Capcom documents but neither have come true. Iirc AA7 should have been out by now.
Fairly certain at least one of those leaks was worded in a way that suggested that the AA collection had to perform at a certain level for them to port the rest of the AA games/make AA7.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I somehow doubt it'd manage to topple that target by the time VI launches, but it would be kinda wonderful for it to get pretty close.

I don't expect SFV to break the 7.5 million mark, but it's still a fascinating run. Considering the rough launch, its console exclusive status, and being the first Street Fighter game to provide entirely free title updates. Selling over 80% of SFIV's PC and home console sales is remarkable.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Fairly certain at least one of those leaks was worded in a way that suggested that the AA collection had to perform at a certain level for them to port the rest of the AA games/make AA7.
What I find weird is Capcom still decided to take a chance on porting/localizing TGAA1-2 as a combo pack over just porting AA4-6 as a combo pack. I'm glad they did becuase it meant I finally got a chance to play the last 2 AA games that didn't have an official or fan translation.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping we get another collection of the three games after the original trilogy. Or at least the two recent 3D games, which should be easier since the code base will likely be newer than the one for Apollo, and require less work to make it look nice on modern platforms.
if anything im confused as to why it still hasn't happened

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
RE7's legs are nuts. REmake 2 and Village, which started off with stronger sales, are going to have some insane numbers in a couple years.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What I find weird is Capcom still decided to take a chance on porting/localizing TGAA1-2 as a combo pack over just porting AA4-6 as a combo pack. I'm glad they did becuase it meant I finally got a chance to play the last 2 AA games that didn't have an official or fan translation.
Capcom works in mysterious ways lol,. But yeah, despite it being the more unconventional choice, Im glad they did it because I love it when they localise previously unlocalised stuff. I do hope we see the Edgeworth games ported (and in 2's case, translated) alongside 4-6 getting a physical English release...

I don't expect SFV to break the 7.5 million mark, but it's still a fascinating run. Considering the rough launch, its console exclusive status, and being the first Street Fighter game to provide entirely free title updates. Selling over 80% of SFIV's PC and home console sales is remarkable.
Yeah, it managing to hit that mark (granted, its been on sale for a reduced price a lot) is still good going (especially with all the DLC they made over the years to subsidize it), its managed to do well despite that really rocky start. I certainly dont want to return to the days of games getting Super/Ultra releases that split the playerbase... just do what V did, re-release it in a new title/case and keep updating the base game over and over again. Its better for the playerbase in the long run. Just for the love of Ryu... release a physical version that has everything on disc next time...

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Okami at 2 million!

Ace Attorney approaching that number too. Where's my AA4-6 and Investigations Collection Capcpom??

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Like I mentioned earlier, USFIV has sold chartable units for pretty much the entire life of SFV. Also at a reduced price.

And keep in mind, only Vanilla SFIV was a $60 game. That's only 3.4 million of SFIV sales. Everything else was at a reduced price too.
Oh Im fully aware of that. I only pointed that out so that someone else wouldnt come into the thread to say "yeah but SFV's sales were mostly on reduced prices" etc. Because Ive seen that argument crop up before.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's being framed as a home console + PC only comparison but I also think it's worth highlighting the 3DS version of SSFIV. Both because of how ridiculously well it sold (1.3m) for a year late, and basically abandoned, port but also because it belies the missed opportunity with Switch for a SFV port due to the exclusivity lock in. Which I feel could've been a multimillion seller by itself.

I expect Capcom will probably take a different approach with SF6 on Drake and hopefully be rewarded for it again.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I believe Capcom only separates Gold Edition/complete version of games if they break 1M copies at launch, which RE7 did not and i'm very unsure if Village will be able to.

It's a somewhat weird reasoning but we do lack full context behind Capcom's logic.

To see how Village GE performs.

Also RE7 is a beast.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The real news here is that Dead Rising 3 has heavily outsold DR2.

I'm happy that DMC5 will make the top 10 and be the game that upseats SF2 from the top 10 after 30 years, not RE3.

RE7 is amazing. Completely deserved. I hope first person resident evil never goes away.

Mon ami.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait for current-gen Monster Hunter to smash the series past 100 million!