• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Any guesses as to why DMC4se suddenly sold 400k+ units in a single quarter four years in?

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a student of SalesERA but I know SFV was discarded initially

but.....>4million is still pretty good isn't it?

i suck online but it's a great game. Most fun I've had with a fighting game since SF2

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm most happy about is DMC and Megaman's return. Wonderful.

I wish we got some sales info on the X and Classic collections but regardless Megaman's back.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those Switch numbers for Generations Ultimate are more than respectable. World numbers are bananas.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
*Resident Evil 2 is a 91 now*
Fixed
2tlh7zV.jpg

OP
OP
vala

vala

Oct 25, 2017
www.capcom.co.jp

Game Series Sales |Product Data | CAPCOM

Total sales units of major titles such as "Resident Evil" and "Onimusha" are described.
Game Series Sales Update
Monster Hunter - 60M (+2M)
Resident Evil - 95M (+2M)
Devil May Cry - 21M (+1M)
Street Fighter - 44M (+1M)
Ace Attorney - 7.3M (+100K)
Dragon's Dogma - 4.9M (+100K)

Oct 25, 2017
Insane.

*Action fans*: "RESIDENT EVIL WILL NEVER SELL WELL BY GOING BACK TO HORROR!"
*New Horror games sell like hotcakes, are critically acclaimed, and bring respect back to the IP*

*DMC Devil May Cry fans* "GOING BACK TO THE CLASSIC SERIES WON'T WORK! THEY NEED TO MAKE A SEQUEL!"
*DMC5 is now the best selling DMC game of all time*

*Monster Hunter Purists* "I CANT WAIT FOR CAPCOM TO GO BANKRUPT BY CATERING TO THE WEST! IT'S GOING TO BE SO FUNNY TO LAUGH!*
*World is one of the best selling games of the entire generation*

k4jb91pn5sk21.jpg

*Resident Evil 2 is a 91 now*
Capcom knew

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
www.capcom.co.jp

Game Series Sales |Product Data | CAPCOM

Total sales units of major titles such as "Resident Evil" and "Onimusha" are described.
Game Series Sales Update
Monster Hunter - 60M (+2M)
Resident Evil - 95M (+2M)
Devil May Cry - 21M (+1M)
Street Fighter - 44M (+1M)
Ace Attorney - 7.3M (+100K)
Dragon's Dogma - 4.9M (+100K)

Not gonna add Mega Man 11's +100K to that series 35 million strong?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
6 is about to be beaten by 7 and will most likely by the end of this year. But 5 still has insane legs.
They can, by RE7 a year from now.

639281886400872448.png

RE7 has awhile to go to get past RE5. As its numbers include RE7 and RE7 Gold while RE5 and RE5 gold are separate. So RE5's total is 9.9 Million.

Regardless of that, I was instead pointing out how they manage to sell 100K+ every quarter. Especially for games people try to claim "no one likes". They're still some of the best coop fare out there and likely help there if I were to take a guess.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
REmake 2 doing 1.1 million is fucking impressive.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There's something heartwarming about a modern Mega Man game selling 1 million copies.

And MHW ended up being an amazingly successful transition for Capcom. Crazy to think how long it took them to make a version for the biggest online crowds in the West.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
SFV moves a steady 200k every quarter. This is without CE officially being out too. I imagine this quarter will bump it up an extra 100k or 200k. The game could be at 4.5 million units at the end of March.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
SFV moves a steady 200k every quarter. This is without CE officially being out too. I imagine this quarter will bump it up an extra 100k or 200k. The game could be at 4.5 million units at the end of March.

Yeah, I can see it ending up as Capcom's 10th highest selling game by the time March rolls by.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Even 9th. Wherever it lands, it's the second highest charting SF SKU ever. People will still try to spin it into a sales failure compared to SFIV, but the game is in objective hit territory now.

I mean, it IS a drop compared to SF4 but a respectable figure in its own right. It's like PS3 following PS2. It was a failure initially, but ultimately rather successful despite not reaching its predecessors heights.

I hope they take their time and release a SF6 that hits hard from the get go... This will always be my favourite fighting game series!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
remember when people here said it won't sell on home console and how main MH on switch was a foregone conclusion now it is never happening.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I mean, it IS a drop compared to SF4 but a respectable figure in its own right. It's like PS3 following PS2.

I personally think trying to compare the sales numbers between SFV and the SFIV series is a fool's errand. The development and distribution models are different in significant ways. The only thing we can say for sure is they both sold very well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think trying to compare the sales numbers between SFV and the SFIV series is a fool's errand. The development and distribution models are different in significant ways. The only thing we can say for sure is they both sold very well.

Yeah, it's hard to say because the other SF games were devided by a bunch of different versions, and SFV has DLC.

What I'm most happy about is DMC and Megaman's return. Wonderful.

I wish we got some sales info on the X and Classic collections but regardless Megaman's back.

Agreed, Megaman 11's numbers might not seem that impressive compared to some of the other stuff, but it also cost way less to make.