• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Screen_Shot_2023-02-19_at_11.48.49_PM.png
Welp, time to grind the shit out of SF6. Can't say no to that kind of money.

Source: Capcom Cup IX

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom demands to be taken seriously dammit.

Makes every other fighting game pot look like a joke (which it was).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As another said in the other thread, Evo might need another building. Cause uh... yeah, everyone is going to want to compete in Evo in prep for the Capcom Pro Tour. EVERYONE.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will assisted combos/auto-attack be allowed? I'm assuming it won't but you never know.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
SF no longer poverty esports.

Edit: This is so good for the players, when you look at the other esports prize pool and look at Fighting games epsorts as a whole, it's really sad...
LoL numbers are insane through the years.
CoD for 2020 was $4.6m
Shit Dota 2, 2021 $40m
Fortnite in 2019 before the pandemic it's competitive scene had $30m in prize pool for a year..
While this is welcome change, Fighting games esports is lagging behind..

Last edited:

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
wow that prize pool is nutty. it is super reassuring to see capcom walking the walk with this game, release can't come soon enough

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
MenaRD in the crowd gotta be pissed lmao

Momochi already went through this. Won 36k in 2014 then for the first time Ono announced 500k at the next Capcom Cup. He felt sad to win the one before the prize exploded.

I was joking in discord about the prize being announced at 1 million total. But it being 2 million total with just 1 million for the overall winner blew me away. Can't wait to see the format and the payout break down.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
This is huge for the FGC. This sets a new high bar. Bamco and NRS are gonna have to up their prize pools as well (probably not nearly as high) but this is long over due for the Passion that has been put into this crazy thing called Fighting games. Makes me tear up a little.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
from all tourney wins sonicfox has won around $700k, maybe a bit more from this or that, for reference

SonicFox - Dominique Mclean - Fighting Game Player Profile :: Esports Earnings

Esports profile for fighting game player Dominique "SonicFox" Mclean: $717,169.14 USD in prize money won from 140 tournaments.
I hope Sonic comes back. People like them really ripping the mechanics of the game apart is gonna be sick to see.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Damn that is big. Wonder what kind of players will compete, the tour sounds like it going to be exciting to watch/follow.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I might seriously think about entering. I know Im at least better than everyone on ERA. I wonder if I'll make it to prize pools.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
MaxDood just said this was even good for folks like him, people are gonna be watching the FUCK outta FGC folks, trying to learn and grow from anything

leads them to streamers

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when announcing $30k in prize pools was a pop off moment. Times are a changin.