• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest concern is that it just doesn't have the level of polish RE2 and RE7 did. The UI, animations, and general look and feel of the combat isn't reaching the heights of their previous efforts, and it's comes off as jarring and disappointing.

The idea of a multiplayer RE is great, and the concept feels pretty cool overall. It's the execution I'm a bit bummed about.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
They've been forward about it being experimental and open to changes and the response hasn't been great despite people constantly wanting more open communication from developers.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Best to keep the actual RE name off of it like they did with Umbrella Corps.
This will come and go and people will forget about it quick just like Metal Gear Survive

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It needs more polish. There need to be more restrictions on how the mastermind player or whatever it is interacts with the other four. Start by changing how enemies appear in a room.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
They've been forward about it being experimental and open to changes and the response hasn't been great despite people constantly wanting more open communication from developers.
I think it's become clear that open communication from devs if a bad thing since nearly all fan bases can't actually handle it.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Capcom, when you want to evolve or improve a SP series, going multiplayer is never the answer.

Nintendo evolved Zelda with breath of the Wild, not with Triforce Heroes.

It really isn't that hard to understand

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Truthfully I haven't I paid much attention to any backlash but I thought the trailer gameplay looked really rough and figure this is what people are complaining about. If the game is good I doubt there will be many detractors. That gameplay trailer didn't inspire any confidence though.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I like that they're experimenting with how to translate Resident Evil 2's gameplay to a multiplayer experience.

There are a lot of ideas that haven't gotten the opportunity to coalesce within a project. The enemy invasion mechanic in RE6, along with the DLC four vs. Ustanak mode, for instance. I'd like to see where that could lead when given its own space.

They made RE2R. They're making RE3R and RE8. They don't have to be distracted by adding a versus mode, or gimmicky multiplayer functionality, if Project Resistance can be a way for a seperate team to play with those ideas.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't know why people can't just fucking chill and let them try out shit they want to do. There's nothing wrong with diversifying gameplay in a spin-off game. I mean it's not like "this is the new direction all future RE will go in" or anything. You'll still get your familiar RE experiences.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
They should just make new IPs instead for new experiences. This only dilute the existing IP.
If RE Survivor, Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps didn't sink the brand I don't think this will. I'm not overly hyped for the game after watching the footage shown so far but I don't doubt Capcom has either/both RE3 REmake and RE8 in dev as well, so if Resistance turns out lacklustre I won't be too bothered.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Game developers must have really thick skin. The constant shit being thrown at them every time they do something not to fan's expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people can't just fucking chill and let them try out shit they want to do. There's nothing wrong with diversifying gameplay in a spin-off game. I mean it's not like "this is the new direction all future RE will go in" or anything. You'll still get your familiar RE experiences.
Eh, as a Switch owner I'm tired of Capcom's 'buy this if you want that'. I'm just wary of them trying to do something similar here. I don't want to buy this. If it bombs it would be a waste of resources. If it succeeds Capcom will make more of this shit. So...

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
The difference between 4 and 7 is much smaller than this
It's literally RE2 assets and gameplay in a RE Outbreak like game. Only new twist is the 5th player stuff. How is this more different than the series going from survival horror to linear action game to a first person survival horror game!

Oct 20, 2018
It's funny peeps are shitting on survive, it was legit survival horror and has a relatively fun multiplayer mode.

Looking forward to the beta for this game and eventually the release. Who knows, this may b be leading to the Outbreak revival that many people are seeking

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I like Matt and some of the responses he's been getting on twitter are unbelievably rude af. At the same time, I can't even begin to feign interest in the game :(

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Truthfully I haven't I paid much attention to any backlash but I thought the trailer gameplay looked really rough and figure this is what people are complaining about. If the game is good I doubt there will be many detractors. That gameplay trailer didn't inspire any confidence though.
You assumed gamers are entirely more reasonable than they deserve.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Critique is all fair game, the people exaggerating like they're ruining the IP are ridiculous. I'm relieved Capcom isn't as narrow or timid with their interpretation of the franchise.

Oct 26, 2017
My biggest concern is that it just doesn't have the level of polish RE2 and RE7 did. The UI, animations, and general look and feel of the combat isn't reaching the heights of their previous efforts, and it's comes off as jarring and disappointing.

The idea of a multiplayer RE is great, and the concept feels pretty cool overall. It's the execution I'm a bit bummed about.

That"s because it is outsourced.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
the project is going to need a buttload of balancing after release if they want it to thrive because people always find exploits in these games

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Really? It looks like it plays exactly like RE2make?
It's literally RE2 assets and gameplay in a RE Outbreak like game. Only new twist is the 5th player stuff. How is this more different than the series going from survival horror to linear action game to a first person survival horror game!
There is a much bigger difference between a multiplayer Dead by Daylight / Zombie Master spinoff and a single player game than two single player horror action games where one is third person and the other first person

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
resident evil has always had (weird, less interesting) spinoffs

this is nothing new

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I agree with him.

I believe that the series has only endured to 2019 because it has mixed it up on occasion, largely to success. Not always a success, but I think it's been kept fresh and lively due to their willingness to take risks and flex their creativity with the series.

That said, I don't think Project Resistance does anything for me at this point, but I'm not disappointed that it exists.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Sounds like good reasoning to me, resident evil as a series and it's spinoffs have always tried new weird stuff (often failing miserably to be fair).

I suspect this will be one of those less
Successful attempts but I wish the team the best in proving me wrong, just please don't end up feeling like an attempt to jam a beloved ip into a genre that's perceived as a cash cow right now,.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the metal gear survive of Capcom
header.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This game could be awesome - people should be more openminded and at least wait until they have played or seen more of the game before the bitching.

Capcom has delivered the last 3 years - they are not dropping some trash just because. Its in their best interest to deliver a quality Multiplayer experience - hate it or love it but you need these GaaS titles to bring on money in this age.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I just learned about this game a minute ago. I'm definitely interested in more operation raccoon city. edit: err or whatever that ps2 game was called. edit 2: it was Outbreak.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for certain that they are making a RE3 remake?

If so I'm not worried. Even if this game is shit at least we have a good game to look forward to.