• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EmryX

Oct 30, 2017
I love these nintendo test when the other consoles never have to take them
That's so true.
"What ? The Xbox One don't sell a shit in japan ? Whatever, release Resident Evil 7 and MH World on it anyway"
"What ? The Nintendo Switch is breaking the charts ? The Nintendo Switch is completely out of stock ? Don't know... what if we release two little games to test the market ?"

What the hell Capcom. Release MH XX in the west for fuck sake :/

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know al the games capcom released or gonna release by the end of the financial year in march?

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
800k units sold (3 SKUs) for Wii/WiiU/Switch this financial year. There's Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Monster Hunter XX: Nintendo Switch Ver., but what's the third? Do they count the MHXX hardware bundle separately? Or maybe some Monster Hunter Frontier Z expansion for Wii U? I can't come up with any other game for these platforms.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Street Fighter V had 1.4 million shipped back then and it almost didn't move an inch for months.

They expect 2 million from Infinite with more time, but launching at that much, shipped, is not a good sign.

I'm honestly not sure if you are right here. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite could clearly become a different beast altogether due to Avengers: Infinity War and Marvel and Capcom getting together to give the fans what they want next year. I could honestly see it MvCI keeping getting more and more popular. Marvel's brand is powerful and could definitely help them with this year holiday sales and the new Marvel Studios slate.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Resident Evil Sales , Then I believe this is the Ranking of the games based on total Cumulative Sales of each game from the Platinum page alone by adding all the listed ports and versions

Resident Evil 5 = 10.5M
Resident Evil 6 = 8.2M
Resident Evil 4 = 6.9M
Resident Evil = 5M
Resident Evil 2 = 4.95M
Resident Evil 7 = 4.1M
Resident Evil 3 = 3.5M
Resident Evil Remake = 3.4M
Resident Evil 0 = 2.95M
Resident Evil ORC = 2.5M
Resident Evil Code Veronica = 2.54M
Resident Evil REV2 = 2.2M
Resident Evil Revelations = 1.7M
Resident Evil Outbreak = 1.45M
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles = 1.3M

Cumulative Sales ranking based on This quarter gaining

Resident Evil 7 +400K
Resident Evil 6 +300K
Resident Evil 0 +300K
Resident Evil Remake +200K
Resident Evil 4 , 5 Unknown

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
I know? You seem to have missed how SFV stayed at 1.5M units shipped for several quarters, that's what I was talking about, not its current shipment which is still below Capcom's launch forecast...
Just like nearly every game is way below their forecast actually, especially RE7.
I think you mean 1.4m...

Q4/2016: 1.4m
Q2/2016: 1.4m
Q3/2016: 1.4m
Q3/2017: 1.5m
Q4/2017: 1.6m
Q1/2018: 1.7m
Q2/2018: 1.9m

They reported 1.4m during 3 quarters... after that it moved some units every quarter.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not sure if you are right here. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite could clearly become a different beast altogether due to Avengers: Infinity War and Marvel and Capcom getting together to give the fans what they want next year. I could honestly see it MvCI keeping getting more and more popular. Marvel's brand is powerful and could definitely help them with this year holiday sales and the new Marvel Studios slate.
Now you are wishing for succcess thats not likely at all, no one is going to buy a fighting game because they are hyped to see Thor 3 or Black Panther(who is DLC)

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly. They planned to sell 4M in the launch quarter, and 10M LTD ( http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-05-16-capcom-sets-10-million-target-for-resident-evil-7).
That's like saying that SFV will be a success for getting up to 2M when the arcade edition will hit.

There's no way it would hit 10m in one year lol. It's a lifetime target, which, is typically over bloated by thier own standards. SFV has long legs too, SF: AE will help but it simply needs to release on more platforms to sell more. Hopefully Capcom find a way to get out of this exclusivity clause with Sony.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Now you are wishing for succcess thats not likely at all, no one is going to buy a fighting game because they are hyped to see Thor 3 or Black Panther(who is DLC)

It's not just because of that. Say what you will about MvCI, but that's just a popular eSport fighting game right now, more so than Injustice and about at same level of Street Fighter. I do think they will keep re-releasing the game and could see that happening with Infinity War already, which would actually be a clever move, depending on what they will make it avaliable.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
OP, slight correction, that's their forecast for the full year as of 2018/March, not Q3.

It still is a very ambitious target for monhun to hit, in the wake of MVCI underperforming.

Thats what I thought too , But the 2018/3 number made me believe that they are targeting Q3

I will see the Previous Quarter report and see if they are referring to the quarter or the month

Edit : You are right , The Previous report also label it as 2018/3 , Thanks for the correction and sorry for the error

No. First of all OP, this is the report for the first half of FY2017, not '18, meaning Q1+Q2 starting March to Sept '17, full year report is probably coming sometime after March '18. (The end of their 2017 FY and the start of their FY2018).

And yes, MvCI terribly underperformed as 900k is how many they shipped and not actual consumer sales. RE7 is doing ok, and SF2 totally caught everyone by surprise.

Last edited:

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Capcom seriously releases that collection and skips the Switch after calling USFII a "smash hit", I'll be seriously confused.

Capcom Switch game flopped: Capcom cease support from Switch
Capcom Switch game is a massive success: port it over to other consoles because it shows that gamers want it

Manggei

Oct 28, 2017
Both of their switch titles did well, and they still don't believe in that hardware.

I think they do believe in the hardware by now, they just started too late to decide to put effort in upcoming new Switch titles. The platform is still relatively young. I think Capcom will be on board, but later on this time. I even believe some main line Monster Hunter will come back at a time. They just have to get their stuff together after their overly careful decision concerning Switch, open up resources (which is costly and also also nothing you can do within a few months) and make their more serious moves later on. They still have time, the Console is still in its very early lifecycle.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they do believe in the hardware by now, they just started too late to decide to put effort in upcoming new Switch titles. The platform is still relatively young.
That reasoning is still asinine if they're willing to spend money localizing their western-focused games in Japanese on the Xbox just so it won't sell in Asia.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
If Capcom seriously releases that collection and skips the Switch after calling USFII a "smash hit", I'll be seriously confused.
Get ready to be confused!
I think you mean 1.4m...

Q4/2016: 1.4m
Q2/2016: 1.4m
Q3/2016: 1.4m
Q3/2017: 1.5m
Q4/2017: 1.6m
Q1/2018: 1.7m
Q2/2018: 1.9m

They reported 1.4m during 3 quarters... after that it moved some units every quarter.
Whoops my bad, remembered it as 1.5M.

It's not just because of that. Say what you will about MvCI, but that's just a popular eSport fighting game right now, more so than Injustice and about at same level of Street Fighter. I do think they will keep re-releasing the game and could see that happening with Infinity War already, which would actually be a clever move, depending on what they will make it avaliable.

MvCI is not at all at the same esports level as SF, not sure where you're getting that from. Eventhubs?
Seriously, if Marvel fans had been interested in the game, it'd have sold more than that and closer to MvC3.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
MvCI is not at all at the same esports level as SF, not sure where you're getting that from. Eventhubs?
Seriously, if Marvel fans had been interested in the game, it'd have sold more than that and closer to MvC3.

I'm honestly baffled how anyone could say that these numbers are bad. Maybe I'll learn something from this, but I just can't see it. All I'm saying is, don't count Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite out just yet. I do think that holiday sales will be amazing for this.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom must not like money, if they don't port Ultra Street Fighter 4 to the Switch.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly baffled how anyone could say that these numbers are bad. Maybe I'll learn something from this, but I just can't see it. All I'm saying is, don't count Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite out just yet. I do think that holiday sales will be amazing for this.

They're not bad. They're terrible.

Thanks, maybe they can make it to 10 million?
They would need MHW to sell roughly 6 million in two months to reach 10 millions if they announce nothing else to potentially reach 10 millions, under the possibility that all the four other games reach one million each, which could be possible with Okami HD but I doubt RER+2, a GOTY edition of an underperforming game and a rerelase of Street Fighter V could. So count more like 7 millions.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
almost 1mill for Marvel is much better thn anyone had anticipated, people were having 200k doomsday scenarios

It's not a spin, its just reality. It still bombed hard compared to what they wanted, but not "drop the game guys its over" bad now I think, its probably still viable as a DLC platform for them.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Is 10 million units of software too lofty a goal or are their expectations like that because of them expecting Monster Hunter World to sell most of that, can see it doing 5 million maybe within a year.

Oct 25, 2017
almost 1mill for Marvel is much better thn anyone had anticipated, people were having 200k doomsday scenarios

It's not a spin, its just reality. It still bombed hard compared to what they wanted, but not "drop the game guys its over" bad now I think, its probably still viable as a DLC platform for them.

Pretty much this. But I digress. Let the hate flow while MvCI keeps chugging along.

The 200k or more assumption was for the NPD only, as it made less revenue than Mario + Rabbids. 900k shipped is their initial shipment to the world, but how much they overshipped will be answered by next quarter. I personally believe that the number of actually sold copies didn't exceed past 600k. By now.

At this point in time.

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017

There is something called channel stuffing and Capcom is familiar with it.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Regarding RE7 then I guess based on the word Cumulative then those 600K might include the Pre-order Shipments for the Gold Edition , This is just a theory based on the wording

I don't get the logic behind this.

they are saying they shipped 600k this FY and over 3.4M last FY, so the LTD shipments are already above 4M.

When they ship the Gold Edition, those numbers will be added to this one.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 6 - 7M ( 6.8M ) +200K
Dead Rising 3 - 2.5M
( 2.3M ) +200K
DmC - 2.2M
( 1.9M ) +300K
Resident Evil HD Remaster 2.1M
( 1.9M ) +200K
Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered - 1.7M
( 1.4M ) +300K
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - 1.3M New Entry
Ultra Street Fighter IV - 1.2M
( 1.1M ) +100K
Resident Evil 4 - 1M New Entry
Resident Evil 5 - 1M New Entry

The new Entries to the list are

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - 1.3M
Resident Evil 4 - 1M
Resident Evil 5 - 1M

Humble Bundle boosting Capcom's numbers.

djinnEXE

Oct 25, 2017
Do people know what shipped even means? That's 900K sold to retailers. The numbers of copies sold to costumers is a whole lot lower.
We have data from JP where it was barely a blimp on the radar, capcom doesn't even mention in their report that is was released there. In the UK it sold worse then Pokken and USF2 outsold it. In the US it's a whole lot harder to track solid numbers now but we know it made less revenue then Mario vs Rabbits, a strategy game And if you think digital was good, it charted #19 on PSN in September. PC sales aren't even at 30K according to steam spy.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the hell keeps buying Resident Evil 6?! Y'all have no taste
It's better than 5 that I can tell you.
Best Leon keeps putting in the numbers.
eyesr8so0.jpg
+ Helena = Dream Team.